Windows 10: Windows 10 is not responding after installing GCC compiler

Discus and support Windows 10 is not responding after installing GCC compiler in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello this is my first post and I really appreciate some help here. I have a panasonic laptop running windows 10. Brand new, very fast. So far no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KansaiRobot, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Windows 10 is not responding after installing GCC compiler

Hello this is my first post and I really appreciate some help here.

I have a panasonic laptop running windows 10. Brand new, very fast. So far no problem. It boots (well it used to) up very quickly.

I wanted to installe Eclipse with GCC ARm embedded toolchain, so I installed Java, then Eclipse, (no problem there). Then I installed the toolchain and tried to run e2studio which is an IDE. Something appeared off as the application suddenly hanged.
    I rebooted the computer and now windows is totally unresponsive. Ican not either call task manager as first, the windows does not respond to clicks and it seems busy on some process, and even doing ctrl alt del gives me a task manager that is unresponsive and totally blank.

I am in panic mode now so will appreciate some help here

:)

KansaiRobot, Jun 11, 2017

2. GCC compile on CMD

This question is outside the scope of this site (for consumers) and to be sure you get the best (and quickest) answer it should be asked either on Technet (for IT Pro's) or MSDN (for developers)
    Technet forumss/en-US/home

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 11, 2017
  3. GCC compile on CMD

I try compile a C source on CMD and can`t, i make download and install and add on path the MinGW(GCC) and when i write "gcc -o <prog>" the cmd printf to me gcc: fatal error: no input files, but I`m on the same path of file I cant understand I`ll show one
    print to explain more
    Windows 10 is not responding after installing GCC compiler [​IMG]

the .exe i build using the sublime_text 2 and this is my code a simple and trivial hello world:

"

#include <stdio.h>

#include <stdlib.h>

void main()

{

printf("Hello World.cfbdbfjd");

getchar();

}
    "

LeonardoVan Gogh, Jun 11, 2017
  4. Windows 10 is not responding after installing GCC compiler

Hi KansaiRobot. Welcome to the TenForums @KansaiRobot.

I'm assuming your machine is still totally unresponsive. I would follow this tutorial and follow the path through Trouble Shooting.

I would do a System Restore, back before you installed anything.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

You will see in the tutorial that two failed attempts to start windows will kick it off. So power up your machine and when you see the spinning dots hold the power button down until it shuts off. Do it again and power down. On third attempt it should start the menu.

Alternately if your machine is remotely responsive hold the shift key down and click restart, the menu should appear.

Failing that as the machine is new there is likely a Vendor recovery partition that will put your machine back to the point where you bought it. If this is necessary I would ensure you copy all your data off prior to invoking. You invoke with one of the F (function) keys at boot. You will have to re-install everything. Some of these processes wipe your data, back up first.

I would strongly recommend you look into a product like Macrium Reflect for Imaging. Its free, reliable and used by forum members.

Taking an Image before such large change would allow you to roll back.

Good luck.

Ken

Edit 1: You may also be able to "Reset Windows 10" , which you could try before the Vendor Recovery. You see that option as you enter the Advance Startup.

Here is that tutorial

Reset Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Jun 11, 2017
  5. Thank you for all the help.

Turn out (I think ) that the problem was completely different. Windows defender did not deactivate itself when other antivirus was installed, therefore causing great interference to the timing of the pc.
    I am having another problem now , which I put another thread in

KansaiRobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is not responding after installing GCC compiler

1. Windows 10 is not responding after installing GCC compiler - Similar Threads - responding installing GCC

2. how to access gcc on windows in wsl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to access gcc on windows in wsl: I installed gcc, gdb, g++ through msys2 on windows and recently I installed wsl with openSUSE. please tell me how to access msys gcc on opensuse or do i have install a separate gcc on openSUSE wsl. Is it ok to do so or will cause any problem or will cause the system to crash...
  3. how to access gcc on windows in wsl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to access gcc on windows in wsl: I installed gcc, gdb, g++ through msys2 on windows and recently I installed wsl with openSUSE. please tell me how to access msys gcc on opensuse or do i have install a separate gcc on openSUSE wsl. Is it ok to do so or will cause any problem or will cause the system to crash...
  4. gcc : The term 'gcc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gcc : The term 'gcc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or...: I have installed MINGW on my system and have added the path manually. I tried to check gg version by the command --- 'gcc --version' on my PowerShell. It works flawlessly. But in VS Code, it is showing the gcc error. How is that possible. The path is correct since it is...
  5. gcc : The term 'gcc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or...

gcc : The term 'gcc' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or...: I have installed MINGW on my system and have added the path manually. I tried to check gg version by the command --- 'gcc --version' on my PowerShell. It works flawlessly. But in VS Code, it is showing the gcc error. How is that possible. The path is correct since it is...
  6. Windows 7 VB- compile versus Windows 10 VB6 compile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 7 VB- compile versus Windows 10 VB6 compile: I create a VB6 program called Trucker.1.0 and compile in using Windows 7. Within the application title box when compiling it, is the name 'Daily_TASK'. Now I assume this is from some previous project. However, when I execut the Trucker program , "ALL is fine". NOW movinf to...
  7. Windows 10 not responding after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not responding after update: I updated my windows last week and now i can not enter anything in the search bar. When i go to setting and pick category it tries to load it but then suddenly closes. I need help....
  8. After installing Autocad 2010, Windows 10 no responding after restarting

After installing Autocad 2010, Windows 10 no responding after restarting: Hello, I have the following problem: 1. I install Windows 10 from USB - latest release 2. Install licensed Autocad 2010 3. Immediately, I start Autocad without restarting my computer and everything is working fine, however, once I restart my computer, Windows 10 starts to...
  9. Installer un GNU/GCC pour Visual Code

Installer un GNU/GCC pour Visual Code: Bonjour, Il existe des extensions pour pouvoir compiler du code dans Visual Code. Mais celle-ci demande Gcc, j'ai donc installer MinG (mingw32) mais je n'arrive pas à parameter le chemin d'accès. A chaque fois que je lance la compilation, l'extension m'avertie qu'elle...
  10. Windows 10 Installer: Install Server Not Responding

Windows 10 Installer: Install Server Not Responding: Hello, I'm having an issue with Windows 10 installer. Whenever I boot up my computer, as soon as I log into Windows, the installer runs and I get "preparing to install...". It hangs like this for what seems like ~10min and finally I get the message "Install server not...