Windows 10: Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps

Discus and support Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My recent upgrade to 100 Mbps (from 25 Mbps) is somehow ignored by my Windows 10 laptop. The Windows 7 had no problem accepting it. I had Linksys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HelenDaniel, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps

My recent upgrade to 100 Mbps (from 25 Mbps) is somehow ignored by my Windows 10 laptop. The Windows 7 had no problem accepting it.

I had Linksys test my router; it works fine. The older Motorola modem from Spectrum seems to work ok. The first (customer friendly) Spectrum tech said I should swap the modem for a newer Arres 1602 non-wireless model. Meanwhile, hardwired tests showed a 98.8 upload and 11.7 download, but as soon as I switched back to wifi, it was only 28.6 Upload and 11.5 download. The next two (sales-oriented) techs pushed their all-in-one modem that costs $5.- extra per month. Being on a fixed income, I need to count my pennies. Does anyone know what I should do to get the full wifi benefit that I am paying for?

:)

HelenDaniel, Aug 13, 2018
  2. DJWIN10 Win User

Installed Windows 10 -Ethernet connection to Laptop now only has 25 mbps - Modem itself has 300 mbps

I have a new notebook laptop and connected via Ethernet cable to a modem. Using a Cat 6 cable. Modem is set to receive 300 mbps, but when I do a latency test the laptop is only at 25 mbps. Cable servicer tested modem and it's receiving 300. HP said
    Windows 10 is still having a lot of problems and is the source of my slow downloads. Does anyone know of new drivers that will fix this problem so do you think I should revert back to Windows 8.1?

DJWIN10, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Johannes Win User
    Curious about the difference beteen G5 mbps and the 2.4 mbps network

On one PC I get on the G5, 75 mbps download and 8.6 mbps on the upload and ping 114 ms (speed test)
    On the other PC with 2.4 mbps I get on average 16.8 download and 4.6 upload and ping 21 ms (speed test)
    Yet the speed between the 2 PC's does not seem to be that much different when browsing.
    Furthermore, I tried to get the second PC also on the G5 but for some reason the G5 does not come up on the network list.
    I was told that being on the G5 you get less interference using Wi-Fi.
    Both PC's have the windows 10 OS.
    I did reset the modem and I reset the network, but it did not make the G5 come up on the network list of the second PC, whereas before I changed mine to the G5 from the 2.4 you could see that both were visible on the both PC's network list.

Johannes, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps

Unable to do more than 50 Mbps on an LTE Cat.4 150 Mbps Lumia 640

Hello,

For a week that I accumulated all possible tests, and there is a problem :

Even in places where with the same operator, I can reach and exceed 100 Mbps with an Android phone, my Lumia 640 (Microsoft Edge, Speedtest.net and Internet Sharing
    , as well as the 3 added) do not allow me to exceed 50 Mbps.

My absolute record is 46 Mbps at the same place where an equivalent model under Android makes more than 100 Mbps (LTE Cat.4 150 Mbps max too)

Is anybody able to do some tests with this phone ? Am I the only one to encounter this problem ?

Thank you in advance

OctocrobePigloo, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps

1. Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps - Similar Threads - responding change Mbps

2. Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Capped at 100/100 Mbps: Hi there,I have tried almost everything and I am kind of desperate about this, I will tell you first my configurations, then what my problem is exactly and finally I will tell what have I done to try to solve it.Long story short, I contracted a fiber connection up to 400Mbps...
  3. <100 Mbps on Gig network - Fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    <100 Mbps on Gig network - Fixed?: I just upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC. Reused the same ethernet cable, but only got about 50 Mbps, where my Win10 got about 800. My PC is plugged into a dumb gig switch. The switch is plugged into one of the 4 ports on my Google Fiber router. I also have a Synology NAS with...
  4. <100 Mbps on Gig network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    <100 Mbps on Gig network: I just upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC. Reused the same ethernet cable, but only got about 50 Mbps, where my Win10 got about 800. My PC is plugged into a dumb gig switch. The switch is plugged into one of the 4 ports on my Google Fiber router. I also have a Synology NAS with...
  5. <100 Mbps on Gig network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    <100 Mbps on Gig network: I just upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC. Reused the same ethernet cable, but only got about 50 Mbps, where my Win10 got about 800. My PC is plugged into a dumb gig switch. The switch is plugged into one of the 4 ports on my Google Fiber router. I also have a Synology NAS with...
  6. Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps

Ethernet speed capped at 100 Mbps: I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05, and my Ethernet connection is capped at 100 Mbps.Things I have already tried and didn't work:Switch to another cable. Originally, I had a CAT5e and as my speed was capped, I bought a CAT6. It didn't help though I'm still using itForce the...
  7. Windows 10 allowing only 0.1 mbps of my internet 100 mbps connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 allowing only 0.1 mbps of my internet 100 mbps connection: Hi,IaaYT here,I am facing an issue where my windows allows just 0.1 mbps and if I check in task manager's performance tab, it shows 16 kbps and sometimes 8 kbpsI have tried resetting my windows and even reinstalling with buying a new windows 10 but nothing helpedand my...
  8. Windows 10 allowing only 0.1 mbps of my internet 100 mbps connection

Windows 10 allowing only 0.1 mbps of my internet 100 mbps connection: Hi,IaaYT here,I am facing an issue where my windows allows just 0.1 mbps and if I check in task manager's performance tab, it shows 16 kbps and sometimes 8 kbpsI have tried resetting my windows and even reinstalling with buying a new windows 10 but nothing helpedand my...
  9. cannot exceed 100 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot exceed 100 mbps: 6/22/2020 I subscribe to Spectrum for their ultra fast internet. Their tech came to my house and said that he measured a speed of 400 plus mbps at the modem. He said the refurbished router that Spectrum also provided may not be performing to max and that I should purchase a...
  10. Mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mbps: How do I find the Mbps for my particular system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/mbps/716fe8c0-575f-4f02-a5c6-c61deb4057f9