Windows 10: Windows 10 Is Randomly Deleting Programs, Files, Associations

Discus and support Windows 10 Is Randomly Deleting Programs, Files, Associations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It seems windows keeps deleting random files, uninstalls programs , resets file associations... In the past few weeks I have had stuff just dispear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DamienThorn, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Is Randomly Deleting Programs, Files, Associations

It seems windows keeps deleting random files, uninstalls programs , resets file associations...

In the past few weeks I have had stuff just dispear from my computer everything from important documents to programs being uninstalled without permission Shortcuts and file association...

I have done several scans for virus, malware and general crapware using Sybot S&D AdAware, Avast!, Avira, Norton, McAffee, MalwareBytes, and they all come up clean for that crap....

:)

DamienThorn, Jan 12, 2016
  2. qaaya Win User

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action...

'There is no email program associated to perform the requested action, please install an email program or, if one is installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.'

This comes up randomly while I am using my Windows 10 PC. No other threads on this subject have helped so far.

-I have a mail client installed

-If I right click on a file and select 'send to' that mail client opens

If I go into control panel > Default Programs > Set Default Programs > Set Program Associations I note the 'mail' windows 10 app has 'MS-UNISTORE-EMAIL' and 'OUTLOOKMAIL' associated to it, however I can't associate those to anything else.

I log in to Windows 10 with a local account. As such I am logged into the Win10 store with my MS account but not logged into the mail app with any account.

Can anyone tell me why this may be?

Thanks

qaaya, Jan 12, 2016
  3. thesstral Win User
    D:\ This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control pan

This message sometimes pops up for no reason at all:

D:\ This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

It has started happening since I installed Windows 10. It happens randomly, but never when I am trying to open anything. Today, for example, I was just doing some work in Excel. Does anyone know why this happens?

thesstral, Jan 12, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Is Randomly Deleting Programs, Files, Associations

davidhk, Jan 12, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Is Randomly Deleting Programs, Files, Associations

1. Windows 10 Is Randomly Deleting Programs, Files, Associations - Similar Threads - Randomly Deleting Programs

2. File Associations How to determine the target program file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Associations How to determine the target program file: Win 10 pro build 18363 ver1909 fully updated. Seems to be working just fine. I've been struggling with a problem for a while. I've searched extensively but cannot find an answer to my specific question. Every other variant but the specific question. My question is if I have...
  3. File Associations How to determine the target program file

in Windows 10 Support
    File Associations How to determine the target program file: Win 10 pro build 18363 ver1909 fully updated. Seems to be working just fine. I've been struggling with a problem for a while. I've searched extensively but cannot find an answer to my specific question. Every other variant but the specific question. My question is if I have...
  4. Associate a Program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Associate a Program: I have Ashampoo Burning Studio. When I had this program in my Win 7 O/S, I would insert the blank disk and I would get a menu asking which program I would like to use. when I installed Windows 10, I no longer get the menu. Instead I get a Message stating - "This file...
  5. Associate file extensions to a program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Associate file extensions to a program: I am trying to associate a jpg file to Adobe Photoshop in a Windows 10 process that appears to continually direct me to a Windows 10 default recommendation. I managed to find two columns showing an incredible number of extensions on the left and the apps or programs on the...
  6. Associating a file type with a default program

Associating a file type with a default program: How can I change the association for a file type to an alternative application already installed? Using "control panel/default programs/assciate a file type or protocol with a program" dialogue always ends up showing the current default app plus the option of finding an...
  7. How do I associate files with a program in windows 10?

How do I associate files with a program in windows 10?: I use a weaving software program that opens and/or creates files with the extensions .wif or .dtx. In windows 7, I was able to do something that allowed me to click on those file types and the program would automatically open. I have tried so many times to do that in windows...
  8. Deleted files and programs in Windows 10

Deleted files and programs in Windows 10: Hi, I'm having issues with windows 10. It seems some apps like what's app, Dropbox and google have been deleted. This has happened twice. Also, some files from my Dropbox are being deleted (but I could restore them). I looked over the internet about this issues and it seems...
  9. Windows 10 File Associations

Windows 10 File Associations: Hi, We are struggling to apply file associations effectively via our SCCM task sequence on build by applying a customisation XML we created. The only change the in the XML is for Adobe Reader for PDF to be used instead of Edge naively. The XML seems to apply...
  10. File Association to Programs

File Association to Programs: Hello, Some programs on the pc were not installed with the installer - they are portable zip files, I unziped them into a folder, made a shortcut to the desktop and they work fine for me. They are not listed in the 'installed programs' list. I am trying to associate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is Windows 10 still deleting files randomly

2. computer random deleters programs

3. windows 10 deletes files randomly