Windows 10: Windows 10 is removing some supported display modes.

Discus and support Windows 10 is removing some supported display modes. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi. I just recently installed windows 10 in my PC. I am having some problem with the resolution. I installed amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by kuro2052, Dec 10, 2015.

1. kuro2052 Win User

Windows 10 is removing some supported display modes.

Hi.
    I just recently installed windows 10 in my PC.
    I am having some problem with the resolution.
    I installed amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit as I have Radeon HD 5450 graphic card.
    I changed the resolution to 1400x1050 which i used previously in windows 7.
    but after connecting to the internet few minutes, my resolution automatically changed to 1600x900 which is not supported as there were black lines above and below the monitor so i tried to change the resolution and found that my favorite resolution is not there. I checked the adapter properties - list all modes and found that some mode have been removed.
    Then I removed the catalyst install manager and catalyst control center along with drivers and restarted the PC.
    after restart I came to know that windows automatically installed my graphic driver without internet and there were all the previous modes available so i changed my resolution.
    But after connecting to the internet the same thing happened the resolution changed and those modes were gone. And i found that catalyst control center was waiting to install in the 'check for updates'.
    I got frustrated.
    i did all that again but this time I installed the catalyst control center and then changed the resolution to my favorite.
    But still after connecting to internet same thing happened again.
    Does anybody have a solution?
    How can add the mode back after this happens or force the resolution?

Note:
    The resolution 1400x1050 was not available from windows display setting when I first reinstalled the drivers so I had to change the resolution from adapter properties and after connecting to internet it was gone from adapter properties too.

:)

kuro2052, Dec 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 is removing some supported display modes.

Hi Kuro,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It’s really unfortunate that you are facing this issue. But don't worry we will try to help you.

These are the minimum system requirements:

Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC

RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS

Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver

Display: 1024x600

Please try the methods given below and check:

You may try changing the resolution of the Monitor and then check for the issue.

• Go to Settings.

• Select System.

• Click on Display and move the slider to change the Resolution.

For reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor (also
    applies to Windows 10)

If the issue persists, follow this:

To change screen resolution in Windows 10, please follow the steps given below:

1. Right-click on desktop and then click Display settings to open the same.

2. On the right-side, click the option titled advanced display settings to view your current screen resolution and option to choose a different one.

3. To change the current screen resolution, click on the drop-down box located under Resolution to view all supported resolutions, and click on one of the listed resolutions to select it, and then click Apply button.

4. To set the new resolution, click Keep changes button. And if you find that the new resolution isn’t perfect, click Revert button to restore the previous screen resolution.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 10, 2015
  3. kuro2052 Win User

First of all thank you for reply.

System spec:

Processor: Pentium Dual Core E5500 2.8 Ghz

Ram: 4 Gb

Hard disk: 500 Gb (350 Gb free)

Graphic card: Sapphire/ATI Radeon HD 5450 which supports directx 11

Monitor: AOC e943Fwsk

I am not sure that you understood my problem.

As I mentioned that the resolution which I want is not there in those setting which were there before. After reinstalling the drivers the resolutions are there in those setting but after connecting to internet the resolution automatically changes and removes
    some resolutions. This is happening in windows 10 but had no problem using this resolution (1400x1050) in windows 7.

kuro2052, Dec 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 is removing some supported display modes. - Similar Threads - removing supported display

2. display not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not supported: Hello,I bought an LG monitor 27GP850-B but my laptop doesn't allow to display anything on the screen.Moreover, the display on the laptop is very buggy.I can see the LG monitor on the device manager but not on the display manager.I have this setup : - MSI GF65 Thin 10SDR - GPU...
  3. display not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display not supported: Hello,I bought an LG monitor 27GP850-B but my laptop doesn't allow to display anything on the screen.Moreover, the display on the laptop is very buggy.I can see the LG monitor on the device manager but not on the display manager.I have this setup : - MSI GF65 Thin 10SDR - GPU...
  4. Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode: I have rotation lock "on" in my laptop's settings, however my screen will still turn to portrait mode while my laptop is closed and I have to go into display settings and reset it to landscape after unlocking. I have an Inspiron 14 5410 2-in-1.Is there a way to permanently...
  5. Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode

Permanently Remove Portrait Display Mode: I have rotation lock "on" in my laptop's settings, however my screen will still turn to portrait mode while my laptop is closed and I have to go into display settings and reset it to landscape after unlocking. I have an Inspiron 14 5410 2-in-1.Is there a way to permanently...
  6. Does windows 10 or windows 11 support tablet mode for two interactive displays in extended...

Does windows 10 or windows 11 support tablet mode for two interactive displays in extended...: I have a customer that would like two separate interactive flat panels to be wall mounted and connected to a single host PC in a conference space. The idea is to have an extended display configuration with two touch screen displays, but I don't know if windows tablet mode...
  7. Windows 10 removed some files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 removed some files: This morning I set a different drive order in the bios so I could boot to windows 10. It went on to "check and repair" some files on two other drives and now some of my files are completely missing. I don't know if they were deleted or some security settings were changed. In...
  8. display supported modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    display supported modes: Hi All, Does anyone know where are all the supported display modes listed (in Windows registry?) Problem is that due to a video switch the display, computer does not get EDID data from the display and the native resolution is not then listed in the supported modes of the...
  9. Supported Resolutions / Display Modes ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Supported Resolutions / Display Modes ?: Any body know the registry key to what is called Supported Resolutions / Display Modes ? or a 3rd Party Editor to these ? The reason I ask is that a 4 year old and persisting bug found in Intel graphics drivers for 4,5,6 series cause all their latest drivers to flicker in...
  10. Mode Not Supported

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Mode Not Supported: would someone please help me? I built a desktop last winter. I have using an older Samsung TV for my monitor. HDMI connection. display resolution is 1360 x 768. it has worked fine. yesterday I updated Windows 10 to the latest update. the monitor now says "Mode Not...