Windows 10: windows 10 is too bad

Discus and support windows 10 is too bad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Am not able to open settings & personalize my laptop .. In windows 10 20553 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by siddeshvsm, Aug 31, 2015.

1. windows 10 is too bad

Am not able to open settings & personalize my laptop .. In windows 10

:)

siddeshvsm, Aug 31, 2015
  2. BAD 10 Win User

Win 10 & back to Win7 & 8!

We tried the second step in the following link to resolve the issue on MY HP Laptop and it worked fine after that! My other 2 computers with Win 7 had issues also, but did get them up and fortunately my wife's computer with Win7 graphic card wasn't supported
    so didn't try it on that one!

Did Windows 10 update ruined my computer?

The biggest problem is Mail, Groove, games and Sync/Cloud when you run Win 10!

Mail is okay, but what most smart phone/tablet users have?

1) Groove reorganizes the complete music library and can't find individual songs!

2) Games has advertisements on them and is thru X-Box and the only way you can get the advertisements to disappear is paying MS a recurring FEE!

3) The Sync/cloud feature synchronizes, imports and stores all your data and links on all your computers, tablets and smartphones! We have 3 Desktops and a laptop and fortunately no Smartphones as of yet? Fortunately my wife's computer graphic card did
    not support Win 10!

We had favorites and a lot of other stuff we didn't want transferred to all the computers! We liked the old networking much better!

At present with some perseverance the 2 Win 7 computers are back on Win 7 and the Win 8.1 Laptop is back on Win 8.1! That was a real pain in the butt, but did get them back!

YOU ONLY HAVE 30 DAYS TO REVERT BACK TO YOUR OLD OPERATING SYSTEM and up to a year to install Win 10! We will wait and see if they fix it?

BAD 10, Aug 31, 2015
  3. BAD 10 Win User
    Multiple issues with Windows 10

Installed Windows 10 as directed! Did not power cycle as the obnoxious voice kept saying! Sentence came up saying this is taking longer then usual!

Finally came up with a splash screen with date and time!

Used the touch screen to slide up the splash screen and password log in window came up!

Logged in and now all I get is the screen saver strobing and occasionally can see folders flash by on the desktop!

can do control-alt-delete and come up with those functions, but nothing to get me to anyplace useful!

Task manager says no apps running!

I can look at network connections and says connected, but doesn't do any good, since we can't get to anything!

Looks like another pain in the butt WINDOWS!

Can't even find anyplace to get help on this junk!

Really afraid to try it on all my other computers running Win 7 Ultimate if it doesn't work on Windows 8!

I guess I will leave it strobe all night and see if the MS Genie automatically fixes it?

Not a happy camper!

BAD 10, Aug 31, 2015
  4. LittleJay Win User

windows 10 is too bad

LittleJay, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Raiz Win User
    Littlejay included a link in his post, use that

6. bro67 Win User
    For some reason it is being a little pesky, while 10 is doing housekeeping, while you are using it. Supposed to be fix when 10525 gets pushed out in October.

bro67, Aug 31, 2015
  7. LittleJay Win User
    Thanks for pointing that out. I just assumed the OP would see the link, but I shouldn't have done that.

LittleJay, Aug 31, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

windows 10 is too bad

I wonder whether siddeshvsm's copy of Win 10 is activated. If it's not, personalization will not be permitted.

bobkn, Aug 31, 2015
  9. RWOne Win User
    RWOne, Aug 31, 2015
  10. caperjack Win User
    I'm using 10532 now ,insider preview, and all is well on my computer

caperjack, Aug 31, 2015
  11. I have the 10525 TP as well and it works good, except for a few bugs I have experienced. I like the fact that they brought back some of the customization options, hopefully there will be more in the SR1 release at the end of October.

On an older laptop that I did an upgrade from W7 to W10, after activation I found the best and easiest solution to make everything problem free was, after the activation of W10 and upgrade (files all backed up of course) I ran a clean install of W10 again over the upgrade and it installed a fresh clean copy of W10 with no programs/apps on it, already activated. W10 took care and installed all the drivers for me as well on the laptop.

Only 2 had to be done manually with software. Webcam driver + software, Realtek HD audio (MIC would not work unless Realtek was installed) and SD card reader driver. Since W10 could not find one, and manufacturer only provided a W7 version of the driver installed that and SD card slot works fine, no errors or BSOD's.

heyyahblah, Aug 31, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Were already past that build. Right now the current insider build is 10532 and I suspect at least one more will be dropped before October for insiders and that's the one that will go out to GA in October.

BunnyJ, Sep 1, 2015
  13. windows 10 is too bad

The OP never stated whether or not he was running the Insider Preview? As mentioned though, is the current install activated?

alphanumeric, Sep 1, 2015
  14. its activated but asking for program

siddeshvsm, Sep 1, 2015
  15. What's asking for a program? You need to be more specific and give as much info as possible.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 is too bad

1. windows 10 is too bad - Similar Threads - too bad

2. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.: I posted a while back about Blue Screens that is too fast to read the error message. I was instructed in my previous post to uploads some files to identify what blue screen errors I have but the system does not create one. I was also instructed to do a memory test which...
  3. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.: I posted a while back about Blue Screens that is too fast to read the error message. I was instructed in my previous post to uploads some files to identify what blue screen errors I have but the system does not create one. I was also instructed to do a memory test which...
  4. My PC undergo BSOD that is too fast to see.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. very bad explanation - help with remembering key too press

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    very bad explanation - help with remembering key too press: what is the key that you press to see a certain word. it pops up in the top right, you type somthing, and then it highlights it in the text, don't know how else to explain it submitted by /u/tbonecrunch [link] [comments]...
  6. Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is...: Thank you community for answering my disappearing default printer. Too bad Windows 10 is so lacking. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  7. Recovering data from a hard drive with too many bad sectors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovering data from a hard drive with too many bad sectors: I have a 250 GB hdd that I used as secondary storage on my PC. Since a few days ago the drive doesn't show up at all, or when it does it will take a very long time to just load one of the partitions (it has four) and basically none the data can be accessed. After talking to a...
  8. disk and cpu performance reaching 100% and system performance is too bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disk and cpu performance reaching 100% and system performance is too bad: I tried all the solutions in YouTube and as well as in the Microsoft community website but its not showing any effect on my operating system. I changed my operating system too but still having the problem as same as before nothing changes. please help me to get rid off this...
  9. Bad brightness, that means too much brightness with 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad brightness, that means too much brightness with 1903: the new 1903 version of windows 10 is displayed with an aggressive white brightness for the eyes. No need to try to fix it in the settings! It does not work anymore. The adjustment slider stops responding. I do not want to have to redo settings or reinstall applications, so I...
  10. Is it bad if a SSD is too fragmented?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it bad if a SSD is too fragmented?: I know this is a old question but I can't find proper answers there and here. I run Mydefrag (I have it because I have 3 mechanical hard drives) and checked my SSD out of curiosity and it's all yellow (fragmented), seems that at least 80% of all files are fragmented. I...