Windows 10: Windows 10 is using to much of my RAM, how do I fix it?

Discus and support Windows 10 is using to much of my RAM, how do I fix it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I got some RAM today and I installed it, it was a Patriot 4GB one. Once I finished installing it and booted up my computer, it was fine. But then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Potatohead303, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Windows 10 is using to much of my RAM, how do I fix it?

So I got some RAM today and I installed it, it was a Patriot 4GB one. Once I finished installing it and booted up my computer, it was fine. But then when I went to System to see if my RAM really did install is see that it says I have 8.00 GB installed, so I know it worked but then I saw next to it that it said I only have 3.49 usable, that's a little RAM! It's using to much of it! I was wondering if there is a way to change how much it uses, I know it uses some RAM for the hardware but not that much! If you comment or view this post, thank you for the advice and tips! *Biggrin
    Windows 10 is using to much of my RAM, how do I fix it? [​IMG]

:)

Potatohead303, Dec 24, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

My PC is using too much RAM but not to much "disk" and is very slow

Hi Akuma,

Click your Start Button, type cmd, then in the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run these commands one at a time:

(to run these commands, copy the command, then in Command Prompt, right click to paste, then hit Enter)

sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

When finished, close Command Prompt and restart your PC

DaveM121, Dec 24, 2015
  3. My PC is using too much RAM but not to much "disk" and is very slow

Don't know if this is the correct place to post this, but anyways.

Hello, since i updated to Windows 10 my pc has become slower. I saw in the performance that my pc is using too much Memory but almost nothing of "Disk" (idk if that's the correct way to call it). The thing is that when i was in Win 8.1, my pc was more faster
    and instead of too much memory usage, there was more "disk" usage (almost nothing of memory usage, it didn't go far of 20%, while the Disk one was fine with 40% - 100%). Now the thing is reversed and it's causing me problems while working with 3d programs
    or playing games, it's just impossible, i can't even play internet flash games because they're too slow, and sometimes when i watch videos these stucks for 1 or 2 seconds everytime instead of runing smoothly (and i know it stucks because the audio is going
    smoothly and i can still listen to the video while this stuck).

Right now my memory usage is usually on 65% - 100% while writing this (but when i'm working with 3d programs or . When i stop using the computer the memory goes up to 80-90-100%, getting the screen stuck for like 3 or 5 seconds, something that didn't happen
    in Win 8.1)

So, how i make my pc use more "Disk memory" instead of Memory usage?

Is that really the problem of my pc?

Is it normal that my pc uses more memory instead of "Disk"? (if it is, i hate it and i want it like it was in Win 8.1)

I have 4GB RAM

Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with radeon HD graphics 2.70GHz

it's 64 bits.

(And before anyone else ask, yes i have all my drivers updated and installed, i made a full scan of my pc and no virus were found, i use Avira)

AkumaBringer of Death, Dec 24, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Windows 10 is using to much of my RAM, how do I fix it?

What you're seeing is not normal for Windows.

For example: in Task Manager, I get that my machine is using 2.8GB out of the 32 GB installed.

Not sure what to suggest. Clear the CMOS, maybe?

bobkn, Dec 25, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Windows is not "using" your memory. It's reserved for some reason. One place to look is to check your bios and make sure you don't have 4GB allocated to your display adapter (which uses shared memory).

Mystere, Dec 25, 2015
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Check for some bios option like "memory hole" "memory hole remapping" or something like that.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 is using to much of my RAM, how do I fix it?

1. Windows 10 is using to much of my RAM, how do I fix it? - Similar Threads - using much RAM

2. My laptop is using way too much ram. what can I do for that?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is using way too much ram. what can I do for that?: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T470 Laptopsystem information:Processor = IntelR CoreTM i7-7600U CPU @ 2.80GHzRam = 16GBGPU = IntelR HD Graphics 620...
  3. My laptop is using way too much ram. what can I do for that?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is using way too much ram. what can I do for that?: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T470 Laptopsystem information:Processor = IntelR CoreTM i7-7600U CPU @ 2.80GHzRam = 16GBGPU = IntelR HD Graphics 620...
  4. How much ram windows 10 consumes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How much ram windows 10 consumes?: Hello, going to install a new windows 10, but it claims that it requires 2 GB ram and I got 4 GB ram. Does this indicates that it needs 2 GB for installation only or will need 2GB to work on my laptop which means 2 GB ram will be in usage 50% usage and 2 GB will be left for...
  5. How much ram windows 10 consumes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How much ram windows 10 consumes?: Hello, going to install a new windows 10, but it claims that it requires 2 GB ram and I got 4 GB ram. Does this indicates that it needs 2 GB for installation only or will need 2GB to work on my laptop which means 2 GB ram will be in usage 50% usage and 2 GB will be left for...
  6. How much ram windows 10 consumes?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 using wayy too much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 using wayy too much RAM: [ATTACH] As I've earlier reported, there seems to be a sudden increase in RAM usage since the last update to 20H2 (I think it is KB4598242 ). Task Manager reports 7.4 GB RAM usage, but I just have a about 5 tabs in vivaldi, drawboard and task manager open. It should...
  8. Windows 10 uses too much RAM in idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 uses too much RAM in idle: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Hakurn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgteve/windows_10_uses_too_much_ram_in_idle/
  9. how do I know how much ram my computer will accept?

how do I know how much ram my computer will accept?: I just had to replaced my hard drive and would like to upgrade a little further. How can I find out what my computer will handle it has 4 slots with 8gb? all 4 have ram installed. i'm guessing 2gb per slot. will 4gb per slot work? what other info is needed to find this out?...
  10. windows using too much ram

windows using too much ram: I have a desktop pc with this configuration: -CPU: i7-5820K -GPU: GTX-980 -RAM: 48GB after 2~3 day using the pc the Ram usage is at 80% what is absolutly not normal....