Windows 10: Windows 10 iSCSI installation possible?

Discus and support Windows 10 iSCSI installation possible? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a known working guide detailing a Windows 10 installation on to a iSCSI target? 64081 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by laterdaze, Sep 17, 2016.

1. laterdaze Win User

Windows 10 iSCSI installation possible?

Is there a known working guide detailing a Windows 10 installation on to a iSCSI target?

:)

laterdaze, Sep 17, 2016
  2. perdrix52 Win User

HP Ultrium 460 LTO tape drive connected via iSCSI not detected

I have an HP Ultrium 2 tape drive that is iSCSI connected that worked fine in Window 7.

Now I've moved to Windows 10, the system resolutely refuses to detect it is there.

I've even manually installed the hplto.sys driver but that makes no difference

Help please.

The iSCSI initiator shows the device as connected.

>>> Update: The iSCSI target was in some sort of error state - now working OK

Thanks

Dave

perdrix52, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Teroro Win User
    Blue Screen with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE when iSCSI device is absence

I has a Synology NAS and set up a iSCSI Target. My SP3 connected the iSCSI target via
    iSCSI Initiator, which is located at "C:\Windows\System32\iscsicpl.exe".

The error occurs when I power up the SP3 when the NAS is powered down or not connecting the WLAN where the NAS serser locates.

Teroro, Sep 17, 2016
  4. laterdaze Win User

The reason I'm interested in this subject is that I recently had an encounter with CryptoLocker malware and it was unpleasant. I thought that if I could boot from an iSCSI drive that was actually a zfs volume on a storage server I could use the zfs snapshot/rollback capability to quickly recover from such problems. I've gotten as far as PXE booting and starting the win10 install but the iSCSI target isn't shown as one of the possible installation targets. I can't be the first person to want to do this...

laterdaze, Sep 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 iSCSI installation possible? - Similar Threads - iSCSI installation possible

2. Problems installing win10 22H2 onto an iSCSI disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems installing win10 22H2 onto an iSCSI disk: Win10 1709 && 1809 works in my iSCSI setup. But 22H2 appears to be problematic to me.In short, I can't get 22H2 installed, either through iPXE booting the WinPE from the ISO and running the setup.exe from a SAMBA share, or through simple windows feature upgrade from a working...
  3. Problems installing win10 22H2 onto an iSCSI disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems installing win10 22H2 onto an iSCSI disk: Win10 1709 && 1809 works in my iSCSI setup. But 22H2 appears to be problematic to me.In short, I can't get 22H2 installed, either through iPXE booting the WinPE from the ISO and running the setup.exe from a SAMBA share, or through simple windows feature upgrade from a working...
  4. Problems installing win10 22H2 onto an iSCSI disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HLK iSCSI chap test failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HLK iSCSI chap test failures: Hello, I'm running HLK certification for Windows server 2022 with our storage array, most of the tests passed but chap/mutual chap tests are failing on every 6th assertion 2.6, 3.6, 4.6, 5.6. If anyone meet this problem and have suggestions on how to solve this I will be...
  6. Windows 10 installation possibly stuck

Windows 10 installation possibly stuck: Hello,I have the following problem. I started reinstalling Windows 10 from an ISO file downloaded form Microsoft. I chose to keep files and applications, since it is best option for me, if only possible.However, after roughly 4 hours from the start, the installation completed...
  7. Is it possible to install Imessage on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to install Imessage on windows 10?: just asking for myself. :) submitted by /u/Mic-the-Mac [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mbsn8e/is_it_possible_to_install_imessage_on_windows_10/
  8. can i make iscsi target in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can i make iscsi target in windows 10 pro: good morning to all, i have a doubt in iscsi creation , i have more than 25 computers each computer have 1 extra HDD for backup ,it's not using properly. so i would like to compine whole disk together and make a lun . then share to each and every . so that way who does need...
  9. BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker auto locking iSCSI drive on Windows 10 Home: Hi there! Please bear with me as I am a complete novice when it comes to this side of Windows and networking, so please excuse if I use the wrong terminology or haven't tried something obvious. Microsoft support team themselves couldn't help me with this and left me high...
  10. is it possible to install a Windows 10 completely into RAM?

is it possible to install a Windows 10 completely into RAM?: Hello, I remember doing it myself once. DH to use part of the RAMS as a hard drive. I had installed certain programs into the RAM and they started very fast. But is it possible to use so much RAM as a hard disk, so that one installs quasi the complete operating system...