Windows 10: windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error

Discus and support windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; auto run setup error how to fix please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nolzy17, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Nolzy17 Win User

windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error

auto run setup error

how to fix

please

:)

Nolzy17, Aug 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

you can use pendrive with win too. in step 1 you have to select "custom iso"(or "other" cant remember how exactly it was dubed) and point win .iso file. i've used it for my install usb stick and it works fine.

ne6togadno, Aug 19, 2018
  4. windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error

1. windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error - Similar Threads - iso file usb

2. ISO files in data USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISO files in data USB: Basically I put a Chinese Windows XP ISO in my USB my USB has no install files for my virtual machines so that it won't fill up my computer space and I'm kinda scared that if I boot my computer it will run Windows XP....
  3. ISO files in data USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ISO files in data USB: Basically I put a Chinese Windows XP ISO in my USB my USB has no install files for my virtual machines so that it won't fill up my computer space and I'm kinda scared that if I boot my computer it will run Windows XP....
  4. Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 iso: Lending an iso file: Is it legal to lend someone an iso file that I have installed with the Media Creation Tool downloaded directly from MS website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-iso-lending-an-iso-file/9914836e-44cb-449b-9121-63b5e5dc3fa1
  5. How to retrieve files stored in the USB that was set up as a Windows 10 Installation USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to retrieve files stored in the USB that was set up as a Windows 10 Installation USB: Dear friendly MSFT community members, First of all I have to say this is a careless mistake on my side, but any help or advise is greatly appreciated! Cut long story short, I set up an external hard drive roughly 1TB with 500GB occupied with photos and memories as a...
  6. Windows 10 iso file step up file error.

Windows 10 iso file step up file error.: Hello, there My name is Abhimanyu Chib and I want to download many applications like Pycharm etc but my problem is that my windows 10 is 32 bit and my processor is 64x so I can't download many things so When I install windows 10 iso file for upgrading to 64 bit. when run the...
  7. burn windows 10 iso to usb error

burn windows 10 iso to usb error: hi,plz i want help when i install windows 10 iso from microsoft site it giving me black screen when booting but when i download windows 10 lite or any other versoins it booting with any program and any usb flash i used refus latest versoin and ultra iso and many programs...
  8. Install.wim installed on boot usb but is not working in windows 10 set up

Install.wim installed on boot usb but is not working in windows 10 set up: I have been trying to download windows on my new gaming build. I only have a mac as another computer so I used Unetbootin to make a bootable USB drive with the lastest windows iso version. i plugged it in and took the necessary steps to start up and it did, but I was...
  9. downloading Windows 10 ISO file into USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading Windows 10 ISO file into USB: I want to know if downloading of Windows 10 ISO file into a USB is a long process. I started downloading four hours ago an it is still going on. I see just 43% now...
  10. Can't Burn iso files to USB (Windows 10 Pro)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Burn iso files to USB (Windows 10 Pro): So am not sure if this is my Thumb Drive that's causing an issue or something Windows 10. I have an iso file that when I right click and choose burn image file to disk I don't have the option to burn to usb thumb drive. Anyone have any ideas? 146786