Windows 10: Windows 10 isssue Steam/Playback devices

Discus and support Windows 10 isssue Steam/Playback devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just downloaded windows 10, at first it wouldnt let me change my screen resolution. Now when I open steam when I hover over a game it wont highlight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by usfbull89, Jul 29, 2015.

1. usfbull89 Win User

Windows 10 isssue Steam/Playback devices

I just downloaded windows 10, at first it wouldnt let me change my screen resolution. Now when I open steam when I hover over a game it wont highlight for about 5 seconds, same if i click on it. In other words its running crazy slow. Also the games themselves seem to be having graphic issues. When i make google searches they are lightning fast and seem to work fine. When I open payback devices screen and it gives me the list of all my connected playback devices the screen wont stop blinking like im having a seizure. It will only blink though when i move the mouse.

:)

usfbull89, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Ri-G Win User

How to disable Auto playback device detection. or lock it to my optical out ?

I have a few audio devices for playback.

The big problem with windows is that it thinks that you need to switch

default playback automatic when you turn for exampel hdmi monitor on.

The hdmi i have killed by disable it in the hardware (This device is disabled. (Code 22))

So that annoying problem is for now killed.

Windows seems to have the mood to switch audio back to default speakers sometimes.

The problem is that windows still change default devices,

sometimes it's steam that not revert it back when i close it. yes steam is only active when needed)

But the problem start get appear now on startup of windows to,

and the system where shutdown with the right output device, my optical-out.

This problem did seems to get worse since windows i use the windows creator

version. but it where already frustrating before.

How can i deactivate auto detecting of the playback device on all sound cards ?

So windows will always see my optical-out on my creative x-fi pci-e card as default playback ?

Playback device only need to change on request from software.

Note, disable sounds cards does not work or is unwanted in the playback sound menu.

Besides it did happen that i disabled HDMI on the monitors and windows

later or nvidia did put them back or activated them again.

3. Only certain applications are playing through headset.

Hi Alexander,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Since you are facing this issue only with Steam and steam enabled games, I suggest you to check within the game settings if there is any option to set default audio output, if not please contact steam game support for better assistance.

Sorry to inform you that there is no such option to set the desired playback for each applications.

Hope this helps. If you have any other queries related to windows 10 we would be happy to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 isssue Steam/Playback devices

1. Windows 10 isssue Steam/Playback devices - Similar Threads - isssue Steam Playback

2. windows desktop manager isssue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows desktop manager isssue: HELP ME PLEASE I HAVE LAPTOP DELL precision 5520 with core i7 processor and 4 GB of graphic card i have a issue with windows 10 windows desktop manager is using all the integrated graphics which means using all the cpu and the total GPU usage is 35-40 % my laptop is lagging...
  3. HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Many monitors support audio over HDMI, and they also come with a speaker or […] This article HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. WiFi isssues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi isssues: Split from this thread. I have a 1 week old Digital Storm laptop 15 inch Nova and I'm having driver issues with the Intel Wifi 6 AX201 160 MHz adapter and I can't find a way to solve it.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, looked for updates and I have done a...
  5. camera isssue

camera isssue: my camera in the device is not working .it is not showing any camera or imaging device option in the device manager , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-isssue/2b4c52f7-f582-479c-8493-78918d217314
  6. playback device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playback device: no playback devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playback-device/6105a10c-d3d9-485c-8d05-1910a1572808
  7. Playback devices

Playback devices: On my windows 10 fully updated. I can't separate the headphones from the speakers because they are both identified as one device in the playback devices. When I plug in the headphones, the sound is automatically played on it but when I switch back to the speaker, I must...
  8. Minecraft for windows 10 isssue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for windows 10 isssue: Recently, when running minecraft for windows 10, No Mobs are drawn at all. Plus oft I get loads of triangles being drawn as well. I can hear the mobs e.g. villagers, just cant see them. Is this a known fault and how do I get this issue rectified? Cheers. BoB...
  9. Playback devices

Playback devices: Before I received the Creators update, plugging my headphones into the front jack socket did not automatically switch the default playback device from speakers to headphones. I had to go to the playback device menu and do this manually. Since the update, plugging in the...
  10. Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and Playback Sounds device defaults: My DELL laptop with Win10 is usually coupled to a HD Monitor with speakers. When I disconnect it and go mobile, Win10 doesn't automatically find and default to the laptop's own speakers??? Any ideas please how to get Win10 to handle this? 50797