Windows 10: Windows 10 issue task having name **windows logon, **gui scalling, **system names

Discus and support Windows 10 issue task having name **windows logon, **gui scalling, **system names in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was downloading windows update and bios update on my lenovo laptop bios update downloaded quickly while update for windows was downloading so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by n0l0s, Jan 24, 2020.

1. n0l0s Win User

Windows 10 issue task having name **windows logon, **gui scalling, **system names

I was downloading windows update and bios update on my lenovo laptop
    bios update downloaded quickly while update for windows was downloading so I restarted my laptop for installation of BIOS

After that boot I was unable to download windows update, every time I click on check for updates it keeps loading and after an hour or so it showes unable to check for update and shows this error code [ 0x80080005 ]

I tired some cmd commands but none of them solved the issue and error occurred in some of those.

Also from that boot, every time my I boot my laptop cpu usage is high and fan goes wild, but after I open the task manager it goes again to normal

I found that task having name **windows logon, **gui scalling, **system names might be slightly different not exact uses the most amount until I open task manager

and also one more problem I noticed is that "Hibernate" is no longer available.

:)

n0l0s, Jan 24, 2020

2. How do I change the network adapter name? (Windows 10)

Press Windows Key + R, type secpol.msc and press Enter to run it. In Local Security Policy window, go to the Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Now in the right pane double click on the network name that you want to change. In the Properties windows under the Name section make sure that Name is selected. Now in the input field enter the name that you wish to use for your connection. Click Apply then OK to save the changes. And you might have to log in again or to restart your computer before the changes are applied.

lorraine walsh, Jan 24, 2020
  3. GUI Issue - Windows 7

No GUI means no start menu and desktop icons? That usually means explorer.exe isn't running. Hit ctrl+alt+del, open the Task Manager, and see if explorer.exe is in the processes list. If not, go to File -> New Task and enter the following: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

FordGT90Concept, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 issue task having name **windows logon, **gui scalling, **system names

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 issue task having name **windows logon, **gui scalling, **system names - Similar Threads - issue task having

2. Issue Changing Admin Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Changing Admin Name in Windows 10: I am trying to change my Admin name from a deleted Outlook email account that was hacked, to my new email account. MS no longer recognizes the deleted account and I cannot access "Local User and Group" settings to change the Amin name. Any suggestions on how to change the...
  3. Change logon screen user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change logon screen user name: My Huawei Matebook D14 had a major problem fixed under warranty but involved reformat or replacement of SSD and reinstallation of Windows 10 Home. All OK now except that the user name is Huawei instead of my name. I would like to correct this. Presume that it needs editing of...
  4. Task names have changed with adding as prefix "windows."

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task names have changed with adding as prefix "windows.": Task names have changed with adding as prefix "windows." For example: Instead of "New Folder" it is now "windows.newfolder". Or instead of "Copy" it is now "windows.copy". Also in folders, when I click right with the mouse, i don't get the "delete" or "copy" command. I...
  5. Windows Logon GUI application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Logon GUI application: as the title says, what does that program actually do? cause recently I noticed it was eating up my CPU usage. it's always turned all the way to 80-90%, which cause the full CPU usage to 100% cause there's other background apps running. but the thing is when I open task...
  6. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?: Hi, I've recently enabled the 'Task History' option on Task Manager, and this has led me to find some strange-looking tasks that seem to happen every day, roughly around 9 hours after I've turned my computer on. These tasks don't appear on the "Active Tasks" tab, nor...
  7. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?: Hi, I've recently enabled the 'Task History' option on Task Manager, and this has led me to find some strange-looking tasks that seem to happen every day, roughly around 9 hours after I've turned my computer on. These tasks don't appear on the "Active Tasks" tab, nor...
  8. Oddly named tasks in Task Scheduler?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. "Windows 10 folders with dot before names have no names"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Windows 10 folders with dot before names have no names": I encountered this issue in several occasions. If I created a folder named Test.123, only Test was shown, 123 was hidden. I also had a sub-folder in my main drive mysteriously with no name. After the fix, it turns out the folder has a name beginning with a dot. The tip using...
  10. Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing System Name and User Name to match PC Name: Annoying detail on my Windows 10 PC. I have a System Name: AL-OFFICE-FLORI and a user name of AL-OFFICE-FLORI/agude as displayed on the System Information page. On the System Properties page, the PC Name is Al-Office-Florida. I sure would like to end up with a System Name...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows logon gui application high usage