Windows 10: Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup

Discus and support Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I am on Windows 10 now. Was on Windows 7 ultimate prior to upgrading. I have my NAS setup on my router upstairs but every so often it gets knocked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sparker781, May 28, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup

So I am on Windows 10 now. Was on Windows 7 ultimate prior to upgrading. I have my NAS setup on my router upstairs but every so often it gets knocked offline (Not sure if that's the drive or network issue) but I was wondering if there was an easy way to join the homegroup that I setup originally with Windows 7 on my Windows 10 machine?

Thanks

:)

sparker781, May 28, 2016
  2. whuyckjr Win User

It asks to Join the Home group after upgrading to Windows 10 even after configuring the Home group before upgrading the PC.

I recently loaded Windows 10 over Windows 7. When I try to connect to the homegroup the homegroup option only allows for "Join Now" then asks for the "password" The problem is the PC the homegroup was started on is the PC I am on. I cannot get the password.
    So, the PC I need to join the homegroup on is the on Windows said started the homegroup and I cannot get the password. THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS allowed except join the homegroup on this PC.

So How do I correct this very frustrating problem?

Original title: Windows 10 Homegroup

whuyckjr, May 28, 2016
  3. I cannot connect to 1 out of 6 computers to homegroup in windows 10

I have 6 computers on my network. 3 of them are Windows 10 and 3 are Windows 7. 5 of them ( 2 Windows 10 and 3 Windows 7) are able to join the "Homegroup without any problem.

But no mater what I do I am unable to get the last Windows 10 to join the Homegroup. All I get is a pop-up balloon that says:

"X HomeGroup

Windows can'tset up a homegroup on this computer"

So what do I do next?

MikelConner, May 28, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup

1. Windows 10 Joining A Windows 7 HomeGroup - Similar Threads - Joining HomeGroup

2. Joining a Homegroup with Win 10 V 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Homegroup with Win 10 V 20H2: Purchased new computer and I need to get into and existing Homegroup. Actually got a hold of Microsoft and the told me updating to v20H2 would correct the issue about joining. Well spent all afternoon with them and updating and you guessed it. I still cannot join an...
  3. How do I join a windows 7 homegroup from a windows 10 computer?

How do I join a windows 7 homegroup from a windows 10 computer?: I am trying to network a new computer windows 10 into main computer which is operating windows 7. There is a HOMEGROUP established on the main computer Windows 7. How do I go about doing this? Thanks!...
  4. Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10

Cannot join homegroup on Windows 10: I have a new Windows 10 computer, and I'm trying to join the existing homegroup in my home (which currently includes Windows 8 laptop and Windows 7 desktop), but to no avail. I tried to follow the instructions written by Shawn Brink in this forum: Open File Explorer,...
  5. Windows 10: How to join an existing Windows 7 Homegroup

Windows 10: How to join an existing Windows 7 Homegroup: I'm sure this has come up dozens of times but every time I search for an answer, the advice simply says "just use the Homegroup utility" that came with Windows 10. That's all well and good but now that Microsoft has seen fit to delete the Homegroup wizard/utility in the...
  6. Joining a HomeGroup

Joining a HomeGroup: I have been trying to join 2 laptops to a HomeGroup set up and there is no option showing to join. There are several guides that I've seen and all show options that do not appear on either laptop I'm trying to join with. Supposedly ther is a HomeGroup option within the...
  7. About Homegroup Joining/creating Option

About Homegroup Joining/creating Option: hi ! I created homegroup from windows 7 , and wanted to join from windows 10 home , but I could not see any option of Homegroup to join or create in Windows 10 , but Pc in the Network was visible and opened too. But shared folder could not be opened. The shared Printer...
  8. Joining homegroup. My PC updated now can access Homegroup how to i fix this??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Joining homegroup. My PC updated now can access Homegroup how to i fix this??: Joining homegroup. My PC updated now can access Homegroup how to i fix this?? Can access shared printer or Files any more....
  9. Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro

Not able to join HOMEGROUP on Windows10 Pro: Hi All, I have 2 Dell Alienware PC's. Both are running on Windows10Pro 64 BIT. One is a laptop and the other one is a Desktop. Both systems areconnected to the same and only network and not any domain whatsoever. The problem is, when I try to create a Homegroup on...
  10. Join Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Join Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...