Windows 10: Windows 10 joins AD domain, but only logs into pre-existed accounts

Discus and support Windows 10 joins AD domain, but only logs into pre-existed accounts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all My client has 40 PCs and Windows Server 2012 with active directory users and domain. Windows 7 PCs join domain and logs all domain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by monty, Aug 13, 2016.

1. monty Win User

Windows 10 joins AD domain, but only logs into pre-existed accounts

Hello all

My client has 40 PCs and Windows Server 2012 with active directory users and domain.

Windows 7 PCs join domain and logs all domain users into the PC, but I have to include these registry keys prior joining the server.
    DNSNameResolutionRequired
    DomainCompatibilityMode

Windows 10 PC can join the domain but only users who have signed into the PC before can use it.
    So its virtually impossible for any domain users to log in if the PC was pre-installed with Windows 10. but if its upgraded from windows 7 (With domain connected), then you can only login as those who previously logged into it!
    others will get this message: "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request".

This has nothing to do with the server, right? is it something to with the registry entries? something to with profile parameters?

Ideas WILL help the human race...

NOTE: in the screenshot, you can see users logged in from windows 7 prior Windows 10 installation, these users CAN login, but for example jerrard.blacksmith cannot log in while he's in the AD, but NOT in the Users folder as he never logged into that PC.

Thanks all

:)

monty, Aug 13, 2016

2. Remote Desktop Connection is not asking for login credentials

The only solution I've found is to manually add a set of generic credentials for the target RDP host in the credentials manager on the client. Note that I only see this behavior when my client machine is not joined to an AD domain (specifically logging
    on to the client using a MS account). The target RDP server is joined into an AD domain.

The same server can be accessed normally from a Windows 10 host joined to an AD domain (not necessarily the same domain as the target).

Hope this helps.

Gerald Carter, Aug 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade unable to rejoin Domain

Hi,

I'm doing an AD upgrade of windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, I removed the PC from the domain , deleted the AD computer object and ran the windows 10 app, then when trying to rejoin the Win 10 PC back to
    the Domain I'm getting the following error:

The join operation was not successful this could be because an existing computer account having name "$$$$$$$$" was previously created using a different set of Credentials.....

Access is denied.

"event Id: The machine @#@@### attempted to join the domain #$#%#$#% but failed. The error code was 1332."

"The machine @#@@### attempted to join the domain but failed. The error code was 5."

Tried multiple domain accounts to rejoin the domain and got the same error, renamed PC and still the same error.

I have used the same domain accounts to add Window 7 PC to domain without a problem.

Help?

MarkCoverdale, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 joins AD domain, but only logs into pre-existed accounts

1. Windows 10 joins AD domain, but only logs into pre-existed accounts - Similar Threads - joins domain logs

2. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  3. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  4. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  5. Joining a Domain

Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Domain Join Limit Reached on Domain Admin Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Domain Join Limit Reached on Domain Admin Account: I work for a small company in the IT department and have a Domain Administrator account. I recently tried joining a newly imaged computer to the domain and have gotten the "Exceeded the maximum number of computer accounts you are allowed to create in this domain" error...
  7. Windows 10 m365 account and join Domain

Windows 10 m365 account and join Domain: Hi all, I want to know can Windows 10 can add the m365 account and join the local domain together? Since the m365 looks like cannot push the GPO's just can controls the built-in apps. Thanks all reply....
  8. Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen

Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen: This has been happening for over a year. Not every installed new PC, just many time. Newer Win10 builds have not corrected it. We have a Dell Optiplex, Win10 installed. We complete the initial set up, patch etc., then join the domain. After joining the doamin, I go to...
  9. Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?

Can same PC have domain-joined and non-domain-joined accounts?: Can the same PC have one account set up that's domain-joined (to work), and another personal account that's NOT domain-joined? I'm guessing the answer is more likely no, since domain seems to be a machine-level and not an account-level setting. What I'd like to be able to...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to a Domain How to Join a Windows 10 PC to a Local Active Directory Domain A network based on a Domain provides centralized administration of the entire network from a single computer which is called a server. A Domain provides single user...