Windows 10: Windows 10 July 20 bug fixes break Win10 hello

Discus and support Windows 10 July 20 bug fixes break Win10 hello in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I don't know if anyone from Microsoft see's this but the latest patch for Windows 10 64bit caused Widows Hello to stop working. When booting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DESTRUCTION61GT, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Windows 10 July 20 bug fixes break Win10 hello

So I don't know if anyone from Microsoft see's this but the latest patch for Windows 10 64bit caused Widows Hello to stop working. When booting the laptop Windows can't or wouldn't activate the camera to log on with facial recognition. This is on a ALIENWARE 15 R3. I uninstalled the latest update and it fixed the issue.

Hey Microsoft please stop breaking the functionality of my computer with your mistakes . Get your crap together please. Now i'm gun shy about taking the next update wondering what you'll break next .

:)

DESTRUCTION61GT, Jul 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2018
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 July 20 bug fixes break Win10 hello

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 July 20 bug fixes break Win10 hello

1. Windows 10 July 20 bug fixes break Win10 hello - Similar Threads - July bug fixes

2. Windows 10 KB5015878 July could break notification area

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 KB5015878 July could break notification area: new updates will cause this problem KB5015878 is an optional update that won’t download or install automatically on your device unless you manually check for updates, and click on the “Download & Install” button below the clearly worded “optional updates” section....
  3. Windows 10 KB5015878 July could break notification area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 KB5015878 July could break notification area: new updates will cause this problem KB5015878 is an optional update that won’t download or install automatically on your device unless you manually check for updates, and click on the “Download & Install” button below the clearly worded “optional updates” section....
  4. Windows 10 KB5015878 July could break notification area

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello bugged

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello bugged: Hello, I need help, I got an bnew acer nitro 5 that Ive been using for almost a month now, my problem started showing up recently, about a few days ago, it's basically this:Windows Hello keeps appearing with a red X mark on it saying its not setup But I do believe it already...
  6. Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10 bug that breaks drive defrag tool

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10 bug that breaks drive defrag tool: Over time, a drive (both SSD and HDD) can begin to operate with less efficiency. To speed up your drive, Windows 10 allows you to defrag and optimize it using a built-in tool called ‘Drive Optimize’. The Optimize Drives window presents a list of all of the drives in your...
  7. Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10’s major bug that breaks Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft tests fix for Windows 10’s major bug that breaks Wi-Fi: As we reported last month, a bug in Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) could break your Wi-Fi connection and disable apps such as Spotify or Microsoft Store. Despite the recent cumulative and optional updates, some users still see a yellow triangle in the taskbar or...
  8. Win10 capping internet at 20%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 capping internet at 20%: Having an odd problem. Win10 latest insider build appears to be capping my internet at 20%. If i run ookla speedtest through chrome or ms edge i get close to my full 1 gig connection up and down. However if I run the ookla app from windows I barely hit 200meg. I have tried...
  9. Windows 10 1909 breaks Windows Hello with YubiKey 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 1909 breaks Windows Hello with YubiKey 4: Hi. Been using Windows 10 ever since it came out. Windows Hello with YubiKey 4 never had a problem. All updates to 1903 were fine but then, recently I upgraded to 1909 because someone suggested that might fix an issue I had with Your Phone companion. Now, Windows Hello no...
  10. Win10 CTL-Break

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 CTL-Break: Using Win10 (32bit) for the first time a new Dell Optiplex with Dell keyboard. When running a BAT sequence in CMD window, hitting Control Break only pauses the run, not to present a dialog query to operator to end the run, as all previous versions of Windows. Is this a...