Windows 10: Windows 10 KB4103727 fails to install on some PCs

Discus and support Windows 10 KB4103727 fails to install on some PCs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft recently released new cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10. While the cumulative updates are supposed to fix bugs, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 12, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 KB4103727 fails to install on some PCs

Microsoft recently released new cumulative updates for all supported versions of Windows 10. While the cumulative updates are supposed to fix bugs, it appears to be causing headaches for users. KB4103721 for Windows 10 version 1803 broked some PCs and it appears that the Windows 10 KB4103727 for Fall Creators Update also fails to install.

The experience of May 2018 patch on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update doesn’t seem to be flawless either. Several users in Microsoft community forum said that the KB4103727 fails to install. It is worth noting that only a small number of users are experiencing such issues and Microsoft hasn’t yet acknowledged the installation problems.

Windows 10 KB4103727 fails to install on some computers, and the users claim that the update downloads, but it won’t finish installing. In some cases, it throws error 0x800706be and 0x80070bc. The number of reports suggests that the same bug happens on several other systems too.

By the looks of things, Windows 10 KB4103727 is hitting the typical installation issues and there are no critical bugs.

Needless to say, the patches for both Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) appears to be causing the biggest headaches for users this month. The performance is however flawless after installing the patch.

How to fix Windows 10 KB4103727 installation issues

It appears that clearing the Windows Update cache fixes the installation issues on some PCs. While it’s not generally recommended, but you can manually clear the Windows Update cache and download the patch again. To fix Windows 10 KB4103727 installation issues, and clear Windows Update cache, do the following:

• Stop Windows update service: Search “Services” in Cortana and open it with administrator privileges. Find Windows Update, and stop it using the right-click menu.
    • Navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\
    • Open the “Download” folder and delete all files in it.
    • Start the “Windows Update” service in the “Services” desktop app.
    • Go to Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and download the updates again.

As noted above, Microsoft hasn’t yet acknowledged the installation issues and the company is only aware of a single bug.

The majority of systems in the Windows 10 ecosystem are still running the Fall Creators Update, but many users are already in the process of upgrading to the April 2018 Update (version 1803).

Windows 10 KB4103727 advances the PC to Build 16299.431. It’s not a big update and there are not too many fixes, but the upgrade is recommended as it includes security patches for products such as Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer and apparently the OS itself.

The post Windows 10 KB4103727 fails to install on some PCs appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 12, 2018

2. update KB4103727 keeps failing to install after several restarts

I was having the same issue. multiple tries installing kb4103727 kept failing. Tried mostly all of the of the recommendations, none worked. I came across one suggestion to Stop the Windows Update service, rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder
    by adding OLD at the end, Start Windows Update service, and reboot. When I went to Windows Update, it no longer prompted to install kb4103727. It went directly to Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803.

WilliamC711, May 22, 2018
  3. THM9 Win User
    kb4103727 will not install

Followed your suggestion and completed successfully steps 1 and 2. Then downloaded and installed the KB. Installation failed. No code or notice from the system as to why.

Thema:

Windows 10 KB4103727 fails to install on some PCs

1. Windows 10 KB4103727 fails to install on some PCs - Similar Threads - KB4103727 fails install

2. Windows 10 PCs - Application installs and uninstalls failing without reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs - Application installs and uninstalls failing without reboot: Hello, For several months I have seen the following issue on multiple PCs in our environment:- Patches and application updates will not run. We use a third party patching tool, and it will report patches as failing. But if we try to run a patch or update manually, the...
  3. Windows 10 PCs - Application installs and uninstalls failing without reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PCs - Application installs and uninstalls failing without reboot: Hello, For several months I have seen the following issue on multiple PCs in our environment:- Patches and application updates will not run. We use a third party patching tool, and it will report patches as failing. But if we try to run a patch or update manually, the...
  4. Spotify is getting installed on some Windows PCs automatically

in Windows 10 News
    Spotify is getting installed on some Windows PCs automatically: It appears that the Spotify application is getting installed on some Windows 10 and 11 devices automatically in the past couple of days. According to user reports, Spotify is installed automatically and run on system start, prompting users to sign-in to accounts or sign-up...
  5. Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs: When I install the provisioning package on the student pcs, enroll in azure active directory fails, apply policies fails, configure the user interface fails and configure shared PC modes fails. Then it says setup completed with errors. I am running windows 10 version 21H1....
  6. Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs

Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs: When I install the provisioning package in the student pcs, enroll in azure active directory fails, apply policies fails, configure the user interface fails and configure shared PC modes fails. I am running windows 10 version 21H1....
  7. Cumulative Update KB4103727 - error detected

Cumulative Update KB4103727 - error detected: Windows 10 Home Automatic updates 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based systems(KB4103727) Constantly getting " Status: Awaiting restart" Same message after restarting multiple times! Trouble shooter result: "Potential Windows Update...
  8. Windows 10 KB4284835 fails to install on some PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4284835 fails to install on some PCs: Microsoft recently released a new cumulative update KB4284835 for devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, and it appears that the patch fails to install some PCs, according to reports from Microsoft Answers forum. While the update works fine on our devices, Windows 10...
  9. Gaming FPS negatively affected after Wiin10 update KB4103727

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming FPS negatively affected after Wiin10 update KB4103727: I recently had my Win10 gaming PC download some updates in the background and everything was fine. Came home today and the two updates got install and BOOM my FPS is all over the place when in reality it should stay steady at 299max or Counter-strike Source. I uninstalled...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4103727 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.431 - May 8

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4103727 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.431 - May 8: May 8, 2018 - KB4103727 (OS Build 16299.431) Applies to: Windows 10 version 1709 Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include: Addresses an issue in Internet...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4103727 0xc1900101

2. ms security kb4100347 failed to install

3. kb4100347 fails to install