Windows 10: Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size

Discus and support Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all. I'm using windows 10 x64 pro. Whenever i opened my game folder some games icon keep resized. I want all of them big. And all of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FinalKenpachi, May 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size

Hey all.

I'm using windows 10 x64 pro.

Whenever i opened my game folder some games icon keep resized. I want all of them big. And all of them have a big icon picture. So this not about small picture. When i opened folder first time everything works fine. All icons size are big. But when i open second or third time some icons going to small. Can anybody help me to fix this. Thanks.

Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size [​IMG]

:)

FinalKenpachi, May 13, 2016
  2. Nit3H8wk Win User

Desktop icons keep changing to medium size on reboot

The scan did not find any corrupted files. I also went a step further and ran chkdsk /F /I /B and posted the result below. The icons continue to resize to medium on reboot.

Checking file system on C:

The type of the file system is NTFS.

Volume label is Windows 10.

WARNING! I parameter specified.

Your drive may still be corrupt even after running CHKDSK.

A disk check has been scheduled.

Windows will now check the disk.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...

684800 file records processed. File verification completed.

6533 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...

980085 index entries processed. Index verification completed.

0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...

Cleaning up 881 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.

Cleaning up 881 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.

Cleaning up 881 unused security descriptors.

Security descriptor verification completed.

56080 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...

41526472 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.

Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ...

684784 files processed. File data verification completed.

Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ...

117275664 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.

CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap.

Windows has made corrections to the file system.

No further action is required.

1464563711 KB total disk space.

994400268 KB in 463235 files.

222380 KB in 56081 indexes.

0 KB in bad sectors.

838403 KB in use by the system.

65536 KB occupied by the log file.

469102660 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.

366140927 total allocation units on disk.

117275665 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:

00 73 0a 00 9f ec 07 00 66 19 0e 00 00 00 00 00 .s......f.......

29 11 00 00 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 )...3...........

Windows has finished checking your disk.

Please wait while your computer restarts.

Nit3H8wk, May 13, 2016
  3. Desktop icons keep changing to medium size on reboot

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur, when some of the system files got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try perform System File Checker (sfc) scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 13, 2016
  4. Hopachi Win User

Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size

Try first to increase and decrease the (zoom) size using Ctrl+scroll on that folder.
    Try to refresh the icon cache too, I don't know a direct way to do it but it happens if you run Autoruns.
    The ones that remain small are just small, made by Win XP standards.
    Icons (Windows)

In order for the icons to be displayed big they need to be 256x256 in size.
    The ones that are small don't have the needed size and they are displayed in one of the sizes available, up- or down-scaled.

You'll need to manually make or download bigger icons for the ones that remain small, then add them to the shortcuts and refresh the icon cache again.

Hopachi, May 13, 2016
  5. Thanks for the answer. I already did Icon Cache think. But didn't work.
    My all icons picture are big except The Sims. When i opened my pc or restarting all works perfectly. But after sometime, when i opened the same folder some icons picture going to small like first picture i uploaded.

Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size [​IMG]

FinalKenpachi, May 13, 2016
  6. Hopachi Win User
    You're welcome. Good to see it's better now. That's weird indeed how they change.
    They get big again then small... some sort of glitch.
    I don't pay attention anymore, there are some icon issues like when you change/modify an icon, the old one still gets displayed until you refresh the cache.

Hopachi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size

1. Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size - Similar Threads - Keep Changing Icons

2. Change Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Taskbar Icon Size: I never commanded my taskbar to change anything so maybe this came with an update but I do not need extra large icons on my task bar just to see what I'm clicking on. I click on the taks bar to change the icon saize and click on taskbar settings and it's not even an option!...
  3. How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to change font sizes and icon sizes in Windows 10: Hello! Are you reading this guide from a 5 inches Windows tablet screen? Maybe from your 15 inches laptop? This guide is for anyone who wants to have better visual experience using their Windows 10 device. So, we will be guiding you through changing your resolution, fonts and...
  4. Medium icon size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Medium icon size keeps changing: Hello, Since a couple of days, the medium size icons are displayed as small icons on my desktop and file explorers. The size switches at random times. After a reboot the icons stay fine (medium size) for a while, but then change to small size. This always happens for URL...
  5. Window 10 keeps changing window sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 keeps changing window sizes: As I always like to work with 2 screens I adjust both my 'windows' to 50%. For example: Firefox on the left, and some (random) folder on my computer on the right. [img] I know that I can drag the windows to the left/right to auto adjust it but that doesn't cut it for me. I...
  6. Changing the size of desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the size of desktop icons: Hello, When I place a shortcut to a file on the desktop it assigns the default icon (e.g. Word or Excel icon) and this is approx 80 x 80 pixels. If I then change that icon to one that I've created it displays at approx 40 x 40 pixels (choosing an icon from the icons folder...
  7. Change Icon Cache Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icon Cache Size in Windows: How to: Change Icon Cache Size in Windows How to Change Icon Cache Size in Windows The icons that display for files in Windows are saved in an icon cache so they can be displayed quickly instead of having to manually scan and slowly load them each time. Sometimes you...
  8. Window keeps changing sizes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Window keeps changing sizes.: After I upgraded from 7 to 10 I noticed my browser window wouldn't stay at the size I scaled it to on my main monitor when I dragged and dropped a new tab from my other monitor. Also it keeps dropping it a few pixels away from the left edge. Here's a screenshot. [img]...
  9. Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Change the Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10 The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for your...
  10. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Icons in Windows 10 You can make the text of icons on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the text font size...