Windows 10: Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper

Discus and support Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am starting to Hate Windows 10 everyday. Did I say hate their are stronger words, nasty words, unchristian words.!!!!!!!!!!!! Ever since the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 1ThursdayJC, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper

I am starting to Hate Windows 10 everyday. Did I say hate their are stronger words, nasty words, unchristian words.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since the last update to Creator Windows I think my computer is possessed. Poltergeist.

I do a lot of file explorer operations. Every time I start working with file explorer for an extended period of time my desktop background image (wallpaper) changes from a travel image from Google Explorer to a Slideshow image.

I thought I had resolved the problem. It worked for a while and then two days ago it reverted back to a slide show image. I really would like to to go to services.msc and permanently disable Slide Show from even happening.

THE STEPS THAT ARE SUPPOSE TO FIX THE PROBLEM ARE AS FOLLOWS!!!!!!!!

Settings>System>Power & Sleep> Additional power settings> Power Saver> Change plan settings>Change advanced power settings>Power Options>Desktop background settings>Slide Show> On Battery and Plugged in>

At some point there used to be a disable option for On Battery and Plugged in. Now I have set both of them to Paused.
    Then of course I have to shutdown and reboot to make changes . But it works for a while then my computer or Microsoft Devils changes it back to a slide show. I DO NOT WANT SLIDE SHOW EVER.

Of course If I have Windows Pro I could make a Local Group Policy change. But that option is not available to me.I do not have unlimited funds. But Windows is about ready to turn me into an Apple Mac Pro or Linux user. I am sick and tired of Microsoft taking over my computer. I paid the price for my computer not microsoft.

Would a clean install resolve this problem. I have so many programs the thought of re-install those programs is enough to insure I HAVE A THIRD HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I have ran a recent Windows Defender Scan of my computer and it is not showing a virus. So at this point I am ready to jump off of a cliff

:)

1ThursdayJC, Jul 20, 2018

2. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 20, 2018
  4. lZKoce Win User

Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper

Wallpaper setup in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

laugh all you want, but I have an issue with Windows 10 and setting up wallpapers. Right click-> background doesn't help. I want the old school screen I have seen in Windows 8. I want to set up a dual monitor wallpaper. This command used to take me to the right place :

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper , but now it doesn't. What could be the problem here ?

The wallpaper page is no longer available from Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personlization > Desktop background like in Windows 8. Why did they change this is beyond my understanding. Anyone with an idea is more than welcomed.

Windows version is : 1703 ( OS build 15063.483 )
    Windows edition: Home
    Activation status: Digital license linked to my MS Account

lZKoce, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper

1. Windows 10 Keeps changing my desktop Background Wallpaper - Similar Threads - Keeps changing desktop

2. My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds: Hi,So Windows 11 has the feature to add desktops right?So I have two desktops, 1 for work and 1 for play. I set each set two different backgrounds to distinguish.But whenever I switch between desktops, the background for my play desktop keeps changing to my work desktop...
  3. My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds: Hi,So Windows 11 has the feature to add desktops right?So I have two desktops, 1 for work and 1 for play. I set each set two different backgrounds to distinguish.But whenever I switch between desktops, the background for my play desktop keeps changing to my work desktop...
  4. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  5. Background keeps changing back to Dynamic Wallpaper

Background keeps changing back to Dynamic Wallpaper: A week ago I downloaded a dynamic wallpaper to correlate to the time of the day; it's a city scape so the the sunrise screen comes on at sunrise time, noon for noon, and night for night etc. It all correlates to my time zone. I decided I wanted to change it to just one...
  6. Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Wallpaper keeps Changing: I hope I am posting this in the right Forum. For some reason on my computers if I set different Wallpaper it changes to the same on all computers. Why does this happen? The only time I login to Microsoft is Microsoft Store. I thought I was not logged in on my account. Maybe...
  7. Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Session Changes Background Wallpaper: Hi, Since the latest feature release update in July 2019, I get unexpected behaviour when running Remote Desktop to connect from one Windows 10 Pro PC to another on my local network. The desktop wall paper on the remote machine can be replaced by the wallpaper image on the...
  8. different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds: Hi guys, So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop. I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment) Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background? I tried using settings and "change my...
  9. Desktop background wallpaper not changing when time is set to 10 minutes

Desktop background wallpaper not changing when time is set to 10 minutes: I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. (v1809 build 17763.465). Recently I noticed that if the wallpaper change time is set to 10 minutes then wallpapers don't change automatically. When I change the time to for example 1 minute, then it works as expected. I have formatted my...
  10. Desktop Background keeps changing.

Desktop Background keeps changing.: In windows 10, whenever i try to change my desktop background, it stays. But when i go onto another tab for a bit then go back, it changes to some random image that i don't even have saved onto my computer. For some reason after a while when i click and hold to select...