Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello. I have tried to install the latest BETA drivers (17.5.1) from AMD for my RX 480 video card but every time I install them, windows removes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Sashley, May 17, 2017.

1. Sashley Win User

Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers

Hello.

I have tried to install the latest BETA drivers (17.5.1) from AMD for my RX 480 video card but every time I install them, windows removes them and installs 17.1.1.

I have tried literally everything from disabling driver updates in windows to using the registry hack to stop it.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Sashley, May 17, 2017
  2. mslsml Win User

Hate Windows 10 went back to Windows 8.1 Now Happy!

Windows 10 is too buggy, AMD graphic and video drivers don't work like it should be, so this is my way to tell to Microsoft and AMD f... you, I will now downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8.1.

"Puck" you both for my lost time on this another Windows ****!

mslsml, May 17, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers

Actually, I did this months ago and have not had an update to my nVidia Quadro 4000m since, while everyone else is screaming at Microsoft for bricking their systems with nVidia Cards on Community . . .

DaveM121, May 17, 2017
  4. Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers

Well the AMD driver versions of 17.4.x, 17.5.x have a major bug with programs and games currently, Affecting R7/R9 Cards, 400 Series, and 500 Series on Creators Update of Windows 10, I solved mine by using Group Policy and then it stopped trying to downgrade even further to 17.1.1, and i'm running version 17.3.3 currently as it's the most stable right now

Though on Windows 10 Home don't think you have Group policy feature, so not sure if you'll have to remain on 17.1.1 til a fixed AMD version out, but perhaps others will have more ideas in there replies

More Detailed Info on AMD forums related to the buggy drivers...

AMDMan2016, May 17, 2017
  5. Carsomyr Win User
    Uninstall your current drivers with DDU. This program reboots to safe mode for the uninstall, cleans the leftover files, and prevents windows from automatically downloading updates. I swear by it and so do the guys over at geforce forums. They have it pinned.

Carsomyr, May 18, 2017
  6. Sashley Win User
    I've tried this many times, but Windows keeps installing 17.1.1. :/

Sashley, May 18, 2017
  7. Carsomyr Win User
    Well that is odd then, I have never had a problem with it *Eek

Carsomyr, May 19, 2017
  8. WOT
    WOT Win User

Go into device manager and rollback the device driver (from the WU version to the NVIDIA Beta version).

Next, download and run this MS utility to block only the specific WU driver in question.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-in-windows-10

Run it and tick the box next to the driver you want to keep WU from auto downloading and installing:

Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers [​IMG]

Note:
    The Anniversary version continues to work beyond that edition. I have used it on build 16199 without issue.

This should keep your Beta driver installed until you decide to change it.

Cheers,

Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps downgrading my AMD drivers - Similar Threads - keeps downgrading AMD

2. Windows Keeps Removing AMD Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Keeps Removing AMD Drivers: As the title says, every time I restart my PC Windows removes all and any AMD drivers as well as the Adrenaline software. Any fixes to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-removing-amd-drivers/5ca70537-0d32-4c8c-8006-9f2abf1c3d99
  3. Windows Keeps Removing AMD Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Keeps Removing AMD Drivers: As the title says, every time I restart my PC Windows removes all and any AMD drivers as well as the Adrenaline software. Any fixes to this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-keeps-removing-amd-drivers/5ca70537-0d32-4c8c-8006-9f2abf1c3d99
  4. Windows Keeps Removing AMD Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update keep disabling my AMD Drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update keep disabling my AMD Drivers: Hi, I don't know why but since I formatted my pc a few days ago, I've getting a lot of blue screen, when I restart the pc and open the AMD Software a message appear saying "the version of your software is not compatiblie with your currently installed graphic drivers..."...
  6. Windows updates keeps either downgrading or uninstalling my AMD software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updates keeps either downgrading or uninstalling my AMD software: So every time I check for updates in system settings, it installs a downgrade version of my AMD software. Then I get the message saying the drive software is incompatible with the current version of the driver. Then I have to keep redownloading the update after to fix it. How...
  7. Windows updates keeps either downgrading or uninstalling my AMD software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updates keeps either downgrading or uninstalling my AMD software: So every time I check for updates in system settings, it installs a downgrade version of my AMD software. Then I get the message saying the drive software is incompatible with the current version of the driver. Then I have to keep redownloading the update after to fix it. How...
  8. Windows 10 update downgrading my AMD GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update downgrading my AMD GPU: Hi there, [ATTACH] I usually check for updates for my laptop and install them mostly. But since November I've been getting updates that downgrade my AMD drivers and I also turned off the setting that updates other Microsoft products and it doesn't help. Also, the first...
  9. Downgrading Windows 10 & keeping it from changing my drivers

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrading Windows 10 & keeping it from changing my drivers: I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was free. My laptop did fine but with subsequent upgrades the performance is very slow. Is there a way I can go back to the original Windows 10 & stay there with no further upgrades? Also how can I stop Windows 10 from changing my drivers that...
  10. Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft keeps downgrading my video drivers: I am very annoyed now! it has been going on for about 3 months now. I have AMD Beta Drivers installed and every time Microsoft thinks that they have a better driver for my computer and all they do is install the latest Normal Non beta drivers! Very frustrating! i don't want...