Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now.

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP Pavilion with an Intel Core i5 processor which came pre-installed with Windows 10 and for the last few months it's been randomly freezing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheFerg94, Jul 24, 2018.

1. TheFerg94 Win User

Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now.

I have an HP Pavilion with an Intel Core i5 processor which came pre-installed with Windows 10 and for the last few months it's been randomly freezing totally nearly everyday (on some days it freezes twice or rarely three times) and I have to shut down by holding the Power button. I've tried just about everything I can, including the "solutions" often given here and nothing is working.

:)

TheFerg94, Jul 24, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 24, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now.

Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now.

1. Windows 10 keeps permanently freezing - has been happening for months now. - Similar Threads - keeps permanently freezing

2. Event ID 86 This error has been happening for two months. Causes system freeze.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86 This error has been happening for two months. Causes system freeze.: <Error><Message>The authority "amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net" does not exist.Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-id-86-this-error-has-been-happening-for-two/a61ca458-d3f6-4e7c-9f5e-6a3941745bd6
  3. Event ID 86 This error has been happening for two months. Causes system freeze.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 86 This error has been happening for two months. Causes system freeze.: <Error><Message>The authority "amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net" does not exist.Any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-id-86-this-error-has-been-happening-for-two/a61ca458-d3f6-4e7c-9f5e-6a3941745bd6
  4. Windows installer now freezes permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installer now freezes permanently: Hello AllI have three Thinkpads that I purchased used from different sources, all with fresh Windows 10 Pro installs.Oddly, on all of them Windows Installer has been freezing though whatever I'm trying to install. It eventually installs if I wait hours or leave the installer...
  5. Windows installer now freezes permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installer now freezes permanently: Hello AllI have three Thinkpads that I purchased used from different sources, all with fresh Windows 10 Pro installs.Oddly, on all of them Windows Installer has been freezing though whatever I'm trying to install. It eventually installs if I wait hours or leave the installer...
  6. Windows installer now freezes permanently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can someone pls help me? This has been happening for like a month now and it’s rlly annoying.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone pls help me? This has been happening for like a month now and it’s rlly annoying.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SnooPredictions7099 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/licjax/can_someone_pls_help_me_this_has_been_happening/
  8. Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Has Not Been Updating For Months: I am not able to update my Windows anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is the error I get: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-has-not-been-updating-for-months/c20e3953-a073-4e4a-b87f-660b2a4eb875
  9. My Account has been Hacked on and off for months now ..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Account has been Hacked on and off for months now ..: I spent over 6 hours trying to rid of Facebook remove and strip 3 email accounts ..making phone calls ..i decided i would not use Gmail any more and go with Outlook or hot mail..so i signed up and kept my account boring lol..stripped .I had dinner plans with family at 5pm...
  10. My PC has been BSOD for about a month now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been BSOD for about a month now: My PC keeps on BSOD and its always because of ntoskrnl.exe and Wdf01000.sys. I only blue screen when I am playing games. I have factory reset my PC and scanned my hard drive, used /sfc scan now and the lot. I just came here to see if anyone could help. ntoskrnl.exe:...