Windows 10: Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons

Discus and support Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does Windows 10 (64 bit Home, Pre Installed), Very Recently, keep Rearranging my Desktop Icons ?, Even Though, I have Now been informed to turn my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by buzzcdsys, Aug 10, 2018.

1. buzzcdsys Win User

Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons

Why does Windows 10 (64 bit Home, Pre Installed), Very Recently, keep Rearranging my Desktop Icons ?, Even Though, I have Now been informed to turn my desktop “Auto Arrange” Off, And When I do, On reboot, it turns it Back On! Is this Down to a recent Windows Update? As I Have Not installed Any Third Party Software Recently!

:)

buzzcdsys, Aug 10, 2018
  2. m3lis Win User

Desktop icons keep rearranging

Hello,

My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in.

I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode.

I have tried all the solutions available on the internet with no luck, including the obvious ones (trying all the auto-arrange and grid options) and even some more complex ones (sfc, registry tweaks).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

m3lis, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Torquemada Win User
  4. Dennis Mop Win User

Desktop icons rearrange at random

Hi,

In order for us to find out what causes your screen to go blank and rearrange the desktop icons, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Keeps Rearranging desktop

2. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: After rebooting the system, the desktop icons usually arrange in a different way than they used to be. I deleted the “IconCache” and checked “auto arrange icons”. I want them to be at fixed places....
  3. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: when i rearrange position of the icon it will amass icon in 1 point, i have checked align icon to grid but it just like that again,don't know how to fix it[ATTACH] ***Changed title from Error icons***...
  4. Microsoft/Windows Keep Rearranging My Desktop Icons

Microsoft/Windows Keep Rearranging My Desktop Icons: I like to have my desktop icons in a certain order, but Microsoft/Windows keeps rearranging them. How do I prevent Microsoft/Windows from rearranging my icons and keep them in the order i want. Thanks in advance...
  5. Quit rearranging my desktop icons win10!!

Quit rearranging my desktop icons win10!!: Amongst a ton of other things I want get into here, the one that's got me hot under the collar now is I can't find where I can lock my desktop icons from being shuffled all over creation everytime I boot up. There HAS to be an EZ solution to this. Thanks, GPL*Mad*Mad*Mad...
  6. Stop Rearranging My Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Rearranging My Desktop: Dear Windows 10, You've been out a while now, and I can't figure out why you rearrange my desktop whenever I plug a different monitor/tv into an HDMI slot. My regular screen is 1080, and so is the TV that I occasionally plug in to watch some shows from the internet. What's...
  7. Windows 10 Laptop Desktop Icons Keep Rearranging to the left side

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Laptop Desktop Icons Keep Rearranging to the left side: Please help I have a windows 10 laptop and for some reason my desktop icons keeps rearranging to the left side of the screen after I rearranged them on my own and restart or shut down my laptop then open it all the desktop icons are back to the left side of the screen. I have...
  8. Desktop icons keep rearranging after dock/undock

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep rearranging after dock/undock: I have a Dell laptop and a Dell external monitor. I am running Windows 10 version 1607 build 14393.1884 I have seen other posts about this but nothing recent. I am new to using a laptop with a second monitor. Every time I dock or undock the laptop, the desktop icons...
  9. Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(: As the topic said above every time I press F5 to refresh my desktop it rearrange it's self *Sad and I need to re-arrange it again. How can I stop it from doing that *Rolleyes [img] [img] 24524
  10. Desktop icons keep rearranging

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons keep rearranging: Hello, My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in. I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode....