Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons

Discus and support Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does Windows 10 (64 bit Home, Pre Installed), Very Recently, keep Rearranging my Desktop Icons ?, Even Though, I have Now been informed to turn my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by buzzcdsys, Aug 10, 2018 at 7:53 AM.

1. buzzcdsys Win User

Why does Windows 10 (64 bit Home, Pre Installed), Very Recently, keep Rearranging my Desktop Icons ?, Even Though, I have Now been informed to turn my desktop “Auto Arrange” Off, And When I do, On reboot, it turns it Back On! Is this Down to a recent Windows Update? As I Have Not installed Any Third Party Software Recently!

:)

2. m3lis Win User

Desktop icons keep rearranging

Hello,

My desktop icons keep rearranging and windows explorer won't save the position I put them in.

I can rearrange them but when I click 'Refresh' or if I restart explorer or if I reboot they rearrange to another setup. This happens in both normal mode and safe mode.

I have tried all the solutions available on the internet with no luck, including the obvious ones (trying all the auto-arrange and grid options) and even some more complex ones (sfc, registry tweaks).

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

3. Torquemada Win User
  4. Dennis Mop Win User

Desktop icons rearrange at random

Hi,

In order for us to find out what causes your screen to go blank and rearrange the desktop icons, we would like to gather more information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?

Regards.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Keeps Rearranging my desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Keeps Rearranging desktop

2. My laptop freezes and taskbar icons refreshing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop freezes and taskbar icons refreshing randomly: I bought my laptop 2 months ago and this issue started couple of days ago. My laptop have a ssd driver. Most of the time I use my laptop for searching on the internet. When I try to open a new tab or open the task manager it freezes and sometimes the icons at taskbar...
  3. My laptop accessories.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop accessories.: I doubt that shopkeeper stole my laptop accessories in my laptop ,like ram,ic, processor,because my laptop seal is broken, so how to fine solutions of this problems,plea pl help....
  4. Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System): I was trying to windows 10 setup in Acer E14, but I can't set up this. When I restart this laptop and press F2 then show me an option. when I click Boot option I can't find Boot Mode then I save changed what I need. After that, I can't find the DVD option. Finally, I was...
  5. Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10

Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10: Hi I have recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 3050 installed with Windows 10 Pro. All the latest windows updates are now installed. I have connected my Xerox Documate 152i to a USB 2 port ( have also tried a USB 3 port ) and loaded the scanner software / drivers and also...
  6. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  7. Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...

Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...: I recently tried to update my 64-bit Windows 10 Pro to the latest version (currently my Win10 version is 1607) and I got this BSOD error: [ATTACH] After this Blue Screen of Death I waited for about 5 minutes and for some reason it did not reboot automatically. I tried to...
  8. Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss

Adding a monitor to my laptop causes display loss: I tried to add a monitor (Benq GL2460) to my Lenovo Yoga 310 (Win10) but when I connect it (HDMI cable), I lose the fill screen display and can't access anything (i.e when I try to open an application or service it won't display on my laptop screen or added monitor). When I...
  9. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?: Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to remove items or add items or customize items in the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I'm asking how to remove it. I can remove all the...
  10. Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.

Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.: Every single Window 10 update that happened for the past 2 years or causes my external monitor not to be recognized. This has been happening since about autumn 2016. [ATTACH] The resolution takes several hours each time. I suspect that Windows 10 update corrupts my Nvidia...