Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps restarting

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps restarting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Migrated my Toshiba laptop last November from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Now the laptop keeps restarting. Researched the issue and learned that the issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by washio, Jan 16, 2016.

1. washio Win User

Windows 10 keeps restarting

Migrated my Toshiba laptop last November from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Now the laptop keeps restarting. Researched the issue and learned that the issue started last summer. The laptop does NOT have a DVD player. Can anyone please help?*Sad

:)

washio, Jan 16, 2016
  2. ddtadams Win User

Windows 10 Keeps Restarting

After using Adwcleaner, Malwarebytes, and Hitman Pro to remove PUP, Windows 10 on (Dell Precision M6800) the following occurred:

Issues:

1. Error message: "Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart...". Hitman Pro removed Conduit file and since the ISO continuously restarts itself.

2. Unable to access the Internet

3. Startup Repair error message: "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC" Log file: C:\Windows\System32\Log Files\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

4. Restarting in Safe Mode Breaktime error message appears (could be unrelated)

5. Unable to access startup recovery or update security

Corrective Actions:

1. Removed malware/security software: Advast, Malwarebytes, and Hitman Pro

2. System restore 3x's

3. Downloaded Media Creation tool.exe on USB from another computer (haven't installed yet)

4. Ran Dell diagnostic test (everything is good)

Q1: Will reinstalling Windows 10 from USB delete files?

Q2: What is the best method to install ISO from the USB?

**Mike Patrick from Microsoft Support (Case #1404137...) said he would call back in an hour on Saturday...no call was received.

ddtadams, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 16, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

jds63, Jan 16, 2016
  5. washio Win User
    I cannot enter safe mode. There is NO start-up settings in Advanced Options. Also, cannot reboot from command prompt.

washio, Jan 16, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    What do you mean no startup settings, did you or were you able to follow the tutorial option # 1 first, by the way laptop is working ? Ever get a copy of the Windows 10 ISO and burn it to a USB Flash drive?

jds63, Jan 16, 2016
  7. washio Win User
    The Start-up Setting icon is NOT displayed under Advanced options

Windows 10 keeps restarting [​IMG]

I can download the Windows 10 ISO from this computer, then load onto flash drive, but how would I load onto laptop?

washio, Jan 16, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

Now that is strange why it is not there, you can try other option # 3 for using the command prompt. When you download the ISO need to make it bootable on a USB Flash drive for it to work. Program like this will make you able to make one, Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

This is an option to have a copy of OS in case of, now if we can at least try to see how it is in safe mode first. How fast does it restart on you, right after log in or after awhile ? Other choice is an inplace repair upgrade or clean install with the USB Flash you make, not sure if startup repair listed will work.

Exactly how long has this been going on with restarts ?

jds63, Jan 16, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Jan 16, 2016
  10. washio Win User
    I gave up and started the factory reset. *Sad

Thanks for your help!

washio, Jan 16, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    Meaning going back to older operating system ? If so, did not need to do that to try to solve this there was other options. Your welcome.

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps restarting - Similar Threads - keeps restarting

2. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  3. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  4. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  5. Pc keeps restarting on its own

Pc keeps restarting on its own: My Pc keeps restarting on its own and it seems to happen whenever I switch games. I've tried turning off fast start up, uninstalling and reinstalling NVIDIA drivers, and I've updated the bios. Every time it restarts I'll see these two messages in the event viewer....
  6. Pc keeps restarting on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.

Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  8. Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 new PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  9. Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...
  10. Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.

Windows 11 Home PC keeps restarting by itself.: I've been having random restart issues since October of last year with this new PC that I bought in September. I sent it back to the manufacturer for repairs and was told that they replaced the power supply and GPU and just got it back in the mail a week ago. Today it...