Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps returning to desktop. Is this a common problem?

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps returning to desktop. Is this a common problem? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After having no problems with my own upgrade to Win10, I upgraded my dad's laptop last week. It seems to have been successful, but every so often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by peakyg, Jan 8, 2016.

1. peakyg Win User

Windows 10 keeps returning to desktop. Is this a common problem?

After having no problems with my own upgrade to Win10, I upgraded my dad's laptop last week. It seems to have been successful, but every so often (every couple of minutes, but not regularly) it just takes me back to the desktop. Is this a common problem and what could I do to fix it?
    Thanks

:)

peakyg, Jan 8, 2016

2. 6280 - is this a common problem

You can check you version by typing *#0000# and the latest version is 5.92

vmonteiro---01, Jan 8, 2016
  3. janey54 Win User
    6280 - is this a common problem

I too havea 6280 on 3 network just got it back from 2nd repair it appears to be common problem - I was told the same fault had to occur 3 times before they would consider replacing mine. Good luck!

janey54, Jan 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, welcome to tenforums.
    Noted your father's laptop is an upgrade, not a clean install.
    So,
    a. does the same thing happen if you do a clean boot?
    How to perform a Clean boot in Windows 10 - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

b. if it does, what happens in Safe Mode?

Could you give the spec. of your father's laptop please, and have a look at the manufacturer's site and check Win 10 compatibility?
    What graphics card or driver does it use?

Could you also explain a little further what you're seeing.. for example, are all windows closing so you see the desktop, or minimising, or is explorer crashing and restarting?

Is anything apparent in the event log (Windows key + X, Event Viewer)?

dalchina, Jan 8, 2016
  5. lmaneke Win User
    What do you mean by just goes back to desktop? Does programs fail to run??? Give an example of what's happening before it goes back to desktop.

lmaneke, Jan 9, 2016
  6. Am having the same problem. Windows 10 keeps returning to desktop no matter what application i use. None of the apps close though. My desktop just keeps popping up. Has a fix been found for this?

Alex Santos, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps returning to desktop. Is this a common problem? - Similar Threads - keeps returning desktop

2. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  3. Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut keeps returning to desktop.: A shortcut to Microsoft edge appeared on my desktop a few days ago, so I deleted it because I already have Edge in my taskbar, the thing is the Edge shortcut has come back and keeps coming back after deleting is there a way to permanently remove the shortcut? I don't want it...
  4. Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10: Hello! I was cleaning my C drive because I was running low on space. I didn't realise the purpose of Common Files and deleted some files in them permanently from recycle bin as well. So, when I started FIFA 22, It didn't launch. Can somebody please tell me how to reinstall...
  5. Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10: Hello! I was cleaning my C drive because I was running low on space. I didn't realise the purpose of Common Files and deleted some files in them permanently from recycle bin as well. So, when I started FIFA 22, It didn't launch. Can somebody please tell me how to reinstall...
  6. Deleting Common Files causing problems in Windows 10

7. 100 common Windows 10 problems and how to solve them

in Windows 10 Support
    100 common Windows 10 problems and how to solve them: This might be useful... 100 common Windows 10 problems and how to solve them | TechRadar What do you think? *Smile 156881
  8. Keep or return

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep or return: I thought I chose the usb windows version but i got the cd version. I have a cd drive on another computer do you recommend sending the cd back or creating a usb version if I create the usb version will I have the full windows experience? Is creating a usb version not...
  9. returning to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    returning to desktop: I am running Windows 10. When it was installed, I vaguely remember something about a "great" new feature, whereby moving the mouse/cursor to the far right would return you to the desktop. I hate this feature, but don't know how to turn it off. Frequently, when working in...
  10. Fixes for common iPhone problems with the Windows 10 Photos App!

Fixes for common iPhone problems with the Windows 10 Photos App!: If you get the dreaded "Something went wrong" during import from an iPhone it is likely caused by a setting in the iPhone. I spent many hours trying every suggestion that I could find on the internet to fix it. The problem was fixed for me by changing a setting on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keeps returning to desktop