Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps telling me to download an update I just installed?

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps telling me to download an update I just installed? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having an irritated issue, and as you can tell by the title, its related it an update. The update didn't download right, so its telling me its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chaotictorch57, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 keeps telling me to download an update I just installed?

I'm having an irritated issue, and as you can tell by the title, its related it an update. The update didn't download right, so its telling me its installed while telling me I have to install it.

To make matters worse, its one of those important updates you can't delete, so I can't delete the update to try again. The numbers for the update are kb4343909, and I'm curious as to what I can do to fix this.

:)

Chaotictorch57, Aug 23, 2018
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Windows 10 keeps telling me to download an update I just installed?

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 keeps telling me to download an update I just installed?

1. Windows 10 keeps telling me to download an update I just installed? - Similar Threads - keeps telling download

2. I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10: I have just downloaded windows 10 in my pc can anyone tell me all the All the features of windows 10What can I do in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-just-downloaded-windows-10-so-can-anyone/6f0249bb-56a7-4e52-9942-e3e4049b53d2
  3. I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10: I have just downloaded windows 10 in my pc can anyone tell me all the All the features of windows 10What can I do in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-just-downloaded-windows-10-so-can-anyone/6f0249bb-56a7-4e52-9942-e3e4049b53d2
  4. I have just downloaded windows 10 so can anyone tell me the features of windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 update will not complete, It just keeps telling me to retry.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update will not complete, It just keeps telling me to retry.: 2023-05 Cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5026372. I also have another problem that may be linked to this, which is whenever my computer first turns on it scans my storage for errors every time....
  6. Windows 11 update will not complete, It just keeps telling me to retry.

Windows 11 update will not complete, It just keeps telling me to retry.: 2023-05 Cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5026372. I also have another problem that may be linked to this, which is whenever my computer first turns on it scans my storage for errors every time....
  7. Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.: Hello,I recently got a new computer, and it installed all updates normally. Now, for some reason, it keeps showing 18 driver updates that on install give error 0x80070103.I searched and found out this means the update is already installed. I go check installed updates and all...
  8. Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.

Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.: Hello,I recently got a new computer, and it installed all updates normally. Now, for some reason, it keeps showing 18 driver updates that on install give error 0x80070103.I searched and found out this means the update is already installed. I go check installed updates and all...
  9. Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it...: I'm trying to wipe free space on my external drive with CCleaner and it incorrectly labels it an SSD and blocks the wipe. So I googled the issue and it was suggested to install an earlier version of CCleaner. I downloaded the earlier version and no luck. Windows blocks it. Is...
  10. Windows 10 keeps installing the update I just uninstalled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 keeps installing the update I just uninstalled: Is there anyway to get rid of my KB4534293 update in my win 10 Home version? I uninstalled KB4534293 security update. Then, I have cleared anything in the software distribution folder. Stopped the Internet and wifi, and finally disabled windows update service and update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows keps telling me to update

2. Windows phone is telling me to download Twitter