Windows 10: Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver

Discus and support Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I need an older version of the nvidia driver to be installed on my computer. But windows 10 keeps updating it every time even with "Never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yugioh88, Aug 2, 2015.

1. yugioh88 Win User

Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver

Hi,

I need an older version of the nvidia driver to be installed on my computer. But windows 10 keeps updating it every time even with "Never install driver software from Windows Update" checked (as the figure). Any idea to prevent this?
    Thanks

Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver [​IMG]

:)

yugioh88, Aug 2, 2015
  2. broderp Win User

Windows 10 - NVIDIA Driver keeps updating and lets to BSOD

This is an NVidia Driver issue or a Windows 10 software issue.

This exact same thing is happening to me on my ASUS ET2701 All-In-One PC with an Nvidia GT GeForce 640M video.

I can not get to the desk top unless I boot into safe mode, uninstall the drivers from "Add and remove programs".

After a few moments, the screen goes to the proper resolution followed by a notification that the I need to "reboot" to "restore full functionality."

The process just repeats from there. If I reboot, I get the BSOD with the "Video_Memory_Management_Internal" error.

I sure hope this doesn't turn into a finger pointing match between Microsoft, ASUS and Nvidia. (But I feel it will)

For now I will need to not reboot, but this will be easier said than done as I now have to figure out a whole new operating system and how to prevent automatic updates, or reboots.

broderp, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 - NVIDIA Driver keeps updating and lets to BSOD

I jus had the same thing happen to me today, super annoying. Every time I try to update via NVidia driver windows wants to chime overwrite the correct driver I just installed (Bad Windows, ask before you do).

Here are some steps to shutdown windows auto driver updates.

Right click "This PC"

[*]Click advanced system settings
    [*]Click hardware Tab
    [*]Click device installation settings
    [*]Select "No let me choose what to do "
    [*]Select "Never install driver software from windows update"
    [*]Click save changes button and exit.

DanielRivera_0717, Aug 2, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 2, 2015
  5. yugioh88 Win User
    yugioh88, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 keeps updating nVidia driver - Similar Threads - keeps updating nVidia

2. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  3. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nvidia driver updates: Today, I attempted to run X-Plane 11 on a windows laptop with a Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card for the workload. This was working fine a week ago. Now it says my driver needs to be updated. The Vulkan page is confusion. The Nvidia page says that the OEM should put the...
  4. nvidia driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?

Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?: Good Morning, My Windows 10 Pro for Workstations desktop has a Pascal era nVidia Quadro. Windows Update WU deployed nvidia proprietary driver v442.50. Is the 'best practice' for Windows 10 just to let WU handle drivers if I'm not experiencing any issues? I ask because...
  6. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  7. Windows 10 nVidia drivers

Windows 10 nVidia drivers: I had problem running a program because of a NVIDIA GeForce video driver - WHQL driver version 441.66 December 10, 2019. I tried various solutions. What I ended up having to do was getting a copy of DDU Display Driver Uninstaller and removing the nVidia video driver that...
  8. Windows 10 updates removing Nvidia driver

Windows 10 updates removing Nvidia driver: I know this has been asked before and I've read the replies but I am still having this problem. It's becoming ridiculous having to role back the laptop every time Windows 10 decides to do an update. Why do they continue to remove the Nvidia drivers? I've just dumped the last...
  9. Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows keeps downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers: Hello all. Not sure what the deal is, but Win10 keeps automatically downloading NVIDIA graphics drivers and software, even though I don't have any NVIDIA hardware. The proper Microsoft graphics drivers are installed. I did google this and tried to "hide" these updates...
  10. Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!: I have an Nvidia Quadro card on my computer. Till now, to update the driver, I would always uninstall the old drivers from windows add/remove programs and then after a reboot install the new drivers. I would also use driver sweeper to remove the remaining files and...