Windows 10: Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts

Discus and support Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was playing around with windows 10 and manage to work on some keyboard short cuts and couldn't think of where to put them in here, so I chose here..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coldy, Aug 4, 2015.

1. coldy Win User

Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts

I was playing around with windows 10 and manage to work on some keyboard short cuts
    and couldn't think of where to put them in here, so I chose here..

You probably already know about Ctrl + C and Ctrl +V (copy and paste)

Keyboard Shortcuts ----- Action
    Windows key + A - Open Action Center
    Windows key + D - Display and hide the desktop
    Windows key + L - Lock your PC or Switch Accounts
    Windows key + S - Open Search
    Windows key + PrtScn - Take a screenshot and save in Screenshots folder
    Ctrl + Alt +Tab - View open apps
    Windows key + I - Open Settings
    Windows key + Home - Minimize all but the active desktop window

:)

coldy, Aug 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts

Hello Mrs. Lisa,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Yes, there are a few changes in the keyboard shortcuts for Windows 10. Here is a blog for keyboard shortcuts from Windows 10 Insider Preview that also apply to Windows 10 RTM version.

Keyboard Shortcuts in the Windows 10 Technical Preview

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 4, 2015
  3. WHY DO I HAVE TO SIGN IN TO WIN 10?

Google can be your best friend! You just have to phrase things just right.

"Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts" search yields:

Google

Some ones to focus on:

By the way - just because you find a list that says it is for XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1 - doesn't mean some of them will not work in Windows 10 still. Many keyboard shortcuts made long ago made their way through time and versions to keep everyone working
    smoothly. ;-)

Like: The complete list of Windows Logo keyboard shortcuts

Shenan Stanley, Aug 4, 2015
  4. mkdr Win User

You forgot a lot, for example most important ones, of the new desktop snap mechanism in Windows 10:

Windows key + arrow keys (play around a bit with it it's really cool, when you snap a window to a position, the left over space toggles a tab overview of the other windows and you can choose via arrow)

Windows key + G (record videos of windows/screen)

Windows key + H (old share menu, very important shortkey, it triggers which window is focused, you can share screenshots that way of desktop/screen to mail/apps)

Windows key + P (multi monitor / hdmi out)

and of course a lot of others from Windows 8, like E Explorer, R execute, X start menu extended options, and so on.

mkdr, Aug 4, 2015
  5. satchmo Win User
    I found Windows key + X to be one of the most useful keyboard shortcut. It grants many powerful options at your fingertip.

satchmo, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open: My windows keyboard shortcuts stopped working. But if I open any windows settings dialogue, they work fine. Game mode is off. It just started happening....
  3. Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keyboard shortcuts don't work unless a windows system dialogue is open: My windows keyboard shortcuts stopped working. But if I open any windows settings dialogue, they work fine. Game mode is off. It just started happening....
  4. Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello,My Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts that both open and activate the new snip functionality are supposed to be, by default, assigned to "Windows key + Shift key + the letter "S" key but that is not working for both opening and activating the new snip functionality....
  5. Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working

Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello,My Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts that both open and activate the new snip functionality are supposed to be, by default, assigned to "Windows key + Shift key + the letter "S" key but that is not working for both opening and activating the new snip functionality....
  6. Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly: Hello,My keyboard has recently begun minimizing windows whenever I hit combos utilizing ctrl or shift. For example, using Adobe products, if I hit ctrl+shft+V it minimizes, as well as Ctrl+3. It even happens simply when I'm typing sometimes and I can not figure out the common...
  7. Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly

Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly: Hello,My keyboard has recently begun minimizing windows whenever I hit combos utilizing ctrl or shift. For example, using Adobe products, if I hit ctrl+shft+V it minimizes, as well as Ctrl+3. It even happens simply when I'm typing sometimes and I can not figure out the common...
  8. Microsoft All In One Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?: Is there a general way? What I'm specifically after is to change the one for the screen snipping tool from Win + Shift + S (default) to PrtScr Thank you. submitted by /u/nerd137503 [link] [comments]...
  10. Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard

Keyboard shortcuts not working from external keyboard: I use an external mechanical keyboard, connected via USB. Recently some keyboard shortcuts stopped working, but they used to work. Windows + TabWindows+ VAlt + TabCtrl + Alt + DelOther shortcuts such as Ctrl + P still work.Anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this?...