Windows 10: Windows 10 killing any usb booted os after a few mins

Discus and support Windows 10 killing any usb booted os after a few mins in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don,t know exactly where to put this on here and usually handle any problems worse than this just fine on my own but I,m stumped. The other day I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dadrumgod552, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Windows 10 killing any usb booted os after a few mins

I don,t know exactly where to put this on here and usually handle any problems worse than this just fine on my own but I,m stumped. The other day I noticed and Linux os I tried to boot from a usb stick would automatically shut off after a few minutes. Now I know any hibernatin or sleep has been completely disabled, fast startup, all the usb ports etc. have been checked in device manager to make sure any settings to cut off the ports are off, and any other type of power conserving settings have been disabled. I,m using an HP 17-g121wm laptop which had the pleasure of having the screen shattered not to long before this started so I removed the screen and I,m using an external lil HDTV. The problem didn't start till right after the last win10 update though sooo yeah thats it..... Oh yeah I noticed I can boot any puppy linux os from usb just fine without it cutting off which those immediately copy the whole entire os to ram on startup which makes me even more curious.... Any help would be greatly appriated.

:)

dadrumgod552, Jul 20, 2016

2. Upgrade from Win 7 SP1 to Win10 on a MacBook pro; no cursor at the screen "Welcome to Windows 10" to click on "Continue"

Are you upgrading Boot Camp or a virtual machine software such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion?

If its boot camp, try waiting 30 mins to 1 hour or connect an external USB Mouse and Keyboard.

After setup is complete, try updating the Boot Camp Drivers See instructions in the following article.

How to Install Windows 10 On Mac OS X Using Boot Camp - groovyPost

See page 2.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2016
  3. Win 10 randomly kills games

No one answered my last (post) question soo I asking it again. Fresh Windows, no virus, mid end components, all newest drivers. No matter what game I try to play it just gets killed to desktop, after 10-50 mins. After (any) game gets killed sometimes it
    doesn't launch sometimes crash when trying to load save, sometimes few windows apps doesn't work, but after PC restart everything works until another game kill. Hoping for some help because red through all the forums and tried many different solving ways but
    none helped...

LaurynasPav, Jul 20, 2016
  4. Spiritos Win User

Windows 10 killing any usb booted os after a few mins

I don't have a solution for you but since I'm troubleshooting other issues I ran into limitations myself with Hiren and some Linux distros. As far as I know SECURE BOOT should be disabled as well and the new UEFI doesn't play nice with alternative bootmedia. Strangle enough though -in regards to my troubleshooting vs. yours- Puppy Slacker did not boot for me. Only Kali Linux so far is the only distro able to boot for me without messing with the UEFI.

Spiritos, Jul 20, 2016
  5. Yeah Ive got all the secure boot uefi etc.. settings right and this only started happening recently is whats weird. What's weirder is it stopped doing it for a few days and today just started up again. I've always been able to boot up any os be it legacy or uefi without an issue.... Oh well hopefully I can keep one running long enough to get it installed huh lol.

dadrumgod552, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 killing any usb booted os after a few mins

1. Windows 10 killing any usb booted os after a few mins - Similar Threads - killing usb booted

2. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows take 10 min to boot: Hi I have a problem, my Windows is taking... 20 minute to boot , I reinstalled Windows No problem occurred, but after two days and after downloading the updates, the same problem occurred windows take 20 min to boot Ssd is new...
  3. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows take 10 min to boot: Hi I have a problem, my Windows is taking... 20 minute to boot , I reinstalled Windows No problem occurred, but after two days and after downloading the updates, the same problem occurred windows take 20 min to boot Ssd is new...
  4. Windows take 10 min to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. after few mins of gaming display says no signal and restart after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after few mins of gaming display says no signal and restart after few seconds: Pc keeps displaying no signal and restarting after playing game for few minutes.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 1aParameter 1: 3fParameter 2: 12346Parameter 3: 26bb5fa1Parameter 4: 3a33be3fOS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version:...
  6. after few mins of gaming display says no signal and restart after few seconds

after few mins of gaming display says no signal and restart after few seconds: Pc keeps displaying no signal and restarting after playing game for few minutes.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 1aParameter 1: 3fParameter 2: 12346Parameter 3: 26bb5fa1Parameter 4: 3a33be3fOS version: 10_0_22000Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version:...
  7. Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot: Hello there hope everyone is doing good, i am trying to build an image by sysprep without using generalize option. I am facing issue in first boot from Hi to desktop exactly 10mins, i ran a countdown timer for more than 30 times now all same. I tried sfc scan, dism restore...
  8. Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot

Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot: Hello there hope everyone is doing good, i am trying to build an image by sysprep without using generalize option. I am facing issue in first boot from Hi to desktop exactly 10mins, i ran a countdown timer for more than 30 times now all same. I tried sfc scan, dism restore...
  9. Windows 10 Taking 10 mins to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 10: Slow boot time on SSD 6-mins OS loading screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Slow boot time on SSD 6-mins OS loading screen: Hey, Windows 10 screen takes 6-minutes on average. Which is really frustrating since I occasionally boot to/from Ubuntu. I noticed the issue a few weeks ago. Before that I would barely see the loading screen( only for 2 seconds tops ). Tried these so far; - Disable...