Windows 10: Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects

Discus and support Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, no issues with connecting anything from my USB 3.0 ports until I plug in my Kinect. If I plug in the Kinect it seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by [[BruceWayne]], Aug 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects

Have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, no issues with connecting anything from my USB 3.0 ports until I plug in my Kinect. If I plug in the Kinect it seems to connect for 5 seconds and then disconnects for 5 seconds and continues this cycle endlessly. Running the Kinect Configuration Verifier shows that everything appears to be fine besides the "color/depth" category, it will have the green check during the 5 seconds of connection but then turns to a red x once it disconnects, it continues this 10 second cycle as long as it's plugged in.

Have been looking for solutions for 3+ days and feel everything has been tried from other forum threads. Can't recall everything but have updated USB drivers and also uninstalled then reinstalled USB drivers. Seems other people are having the same issue with Kinects/Windows 10 (as well as other USB devices) from as far back as 2016 with Windows 10. Aside from throwing the whole dang thing away.. anyone have a solution?

:)

[[BruceWayne]], Aug 15, 2018

2. Can't find depth sensor ! error fro 3D scan with kinect

Dude,

The misalignment of the mesh and the color texture can be fixed by recalibrating your Kinect. To do this follow these steps:

1. Plug-in the Kinect and open the Camera app

2. Switch the camera until seeing ‘Kinect V2 camera’

3. Close the Camera app

4. Unplug the Kinect and re-plug it in

Let me know if that works for you.

CBGrant [MSFT], Aug 15, 2018
  3. New Version of the Kinect (for Xbox One) Driver and the 3D Scan app

@BRUNOBORIS,

The camera app built into Windows 10. Type "camera" into Cortana and hit enter. Then just follow the steps I listed above.

3D Scan has a Depth, Width and Height manual adjustment settings. They are visible in the app. They allow you to adjust what the Kinect sees. Anything that is in color in the preview window the Kinect can see, anything that is in black and white is not visible.
    Play around with the settings (slide them back and forth) to focus in on what you want to scan.

CBGrant [MSFT], Aug 15, 2018
  4. Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects

Kinect 3D scan failure. Color and depth image mismatch

Hello,

I tried to employ the kinect v2 for 3D scan app. But it didn't go well.

I think probably it's my kinect problem as I noticed obvious disparity in 3D scan app preview. The color part obviously bias to the right portion. However, the demo on Microsoft website shows a nice and succinct cut of foreground.

I just try to scan a very simple plactic box with regular shape. It came out to be a terrible shape.

Any suggestions?

My kinect is v2 for windows. Is that supported by microsoft?

My preview:

Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects 4bca2ae7-7f22-4853-910d-a45f593316ee.png

preview shown on micrsoft website:

Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects 6046e81d-bfcc-4767-9d2d-ee39de632df6.jpg

target:

Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects [​IMG]

my reconstruction:

Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects 0330113f-9c59-4271-b905-7d1147fb1b38.png

ShuangjunLiu, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects

1. Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects - Similar Threads - Kinect invalid depth

2. Kinect in windows 10 connect and disconect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Kinect in windows 10 connect and disconect: I have a pc with a ryzen 53400g & a rx570 8gb and i buy a adapter for de kinect to use the kinect as webcam but it connect and disconnet all the time...
  3. Changing Color Depth on Windows 10?

Changing Color Depth on Windows 10?: I have a Dell Inspiron 3583 laptop, and the Display Information in Settings lists my color depth as 6-bit. However, under List All Modes for my graphics driver, a color depth of 32 bits is listed, so I was wondering if I could increase the color depth of my monitor. If I'm...
  4. Windows 10 display color depth stuck at 8-bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 display color depth stuck at 8-bit: Hi,I am having problems with my display on windows 10. I have Asus zenbook 14 and I have just bought it less than 2 years ago. I noticed a while ago, that the display image, appear grainy and are not as smooth as needed. So I checked the advanced display properties, I saw...
  5. How to change Color Depth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Color Depth?: When I connect the HDMI out on my laptop to my Samsung TV, the TV displays the error message "mode not supported". For Samsung TV's, this means the TV is receiving a signal at a resolution the TV is not capable of producing. My laptop is set to a resolution that I know...
  6. screen color bit depth

screen color bit depth: my screen resolution on my Toshiba laptop looks like old time 8bit color with lots of distortion how do I get a better color depth display adpter is an intel 4600 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-color-bit-depth/a40f3cdb-cf31-4459-92f0-92d644026d7a
  7. can i change color depth

can i change color depth: how to change color depth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-color-depth/bdd1e041-caa0-49e6-bb88-1e93c3d2d5cb
  8. color depth

color depth: How do I change the color depth to 16-bit on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-depth/8ebdc1aa-f600-4cf7-bc40-2cc994eb2fa5
  9. Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects

Windows 10 - Kinect "invalid depth/color" error, connects/disconnects: Have a Windows 10 gaming laptop, no issues with connecting anything from my USB 3.0 ports until I plug in my Kinect. If I plug in the Kinect it seems to connect for 5 seconds and then disconnects for 5 seconds and continues this cycle endlessly. Running the Kinect...
  10. Bit Depth (Color Depth) of my display is too low

Bit Depth (Color Depth) of my display is too low: Hey, When I install Intel UHD Graphics Driver, Windows 10 reports the bit depth to be 6 bits only..Please refer to the below screenshot When I uninstall Intel UHD Graphics Driver, bit depth increases to 8 bits... Why is this so? And even 8 bits is too low......

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kinect v2 connects then disconnects