Windows 10: Windows 10 - Lack of simplicity and less customization

Discus and support Windows 10 - Lack of simplicity and less customization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 is lack of simplicity and less customizable of user interface when comparing with Windows XP. Start Menu is soooo much complex and we can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wikihera, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Wikihera Win User

Windows 10 - Lack of simplicity and less customization

Windows 10 is lack of simplicity and less customizable of user interface when comparing with Windows XP.

Start Menu is soooo much complex and we can not find a program easily like in windows XP. We have to type the application name in order to find an app.

In windows XP we had a view of the each and every application installed by just hovering the mouse over 'Program' button and also easily open submenus in the right side by hovering your mouse pointer.

Why Windows 10 removes that feature?

and introduces more complex and useless so called 'Tile' appearance?

I tried various methods to customize the start menu to remove tiles and work just like XP like startmenu.

But was unable to make it happen.

Does anyone knows how we can customize the Windows 10 startmenu to operate just like in windows XP??

:)

Wikihera, Aug 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2018
  3. ozeannie Win User
    Lack of detail 1208

If you are still annoyed about the lack of detail in the manual you are not alone. My father is elderly and needs step-by-step instructions none of which are provided in the manual for most menu items. Suggest sending an email to Nokia customer support
    and add your voice to requesting a detailed manual online.

ozeannie, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Lack of simplicity and less customization - Similar Threads - Lack simplicity less

2. lack of display customization?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lack of display customization?: Hello, apologies if I am repeating prior posts, but what is happening with the lack of customization for displays on windows 11?Firstly, the zoom/scale 100% and resolution default settings are huge! I have to run programs for work like Citrix for example and the zoom is so...
  3. lack of display customization?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lack of display customization?: Hello, apologies if I am repeating prior posts, but what is happening with the lack of customization for displays on windows 11?Firstly, the zoom/scale 100% and resolution default settings are huge! I have to run programs for work like Citrix for example and the zoom is so...
  4. Lack of Support for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lack of Support for Windows 10: Now that Windows 11 is here, most PCs that got the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 and have digital licenses will definitely start having issues with their PCs. Microsoft forced an incompatible audio driver High Definition audio driver in the the last update. Microsoft has...
  5. Lack of Support for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lack of Support for Windows 10: Now that Windows 11 is here, most PCs that got the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 and have digital licenses will definitely start having issues with their PCs. Microsoft forced an incompatible audio driver High Definition audio driver in the the last update. Microsoft has...
  6. Windows 10 - lack of sleep!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - lack of sleep!: Hi, I've just discovered that windows 10 was updated 10 days ago on my computer. Since then then it fails to go to sleep automatically. I have altered the function of the button to put it to sleep manually, but only then if Outlook is closed first. Any ideas ?...
  7. Custom fonts lack certain characters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom fonts lack certain characters: Have tried installing custom fonts recently. Everything was just fine, however literally all fonts lack some special characters in them. The ones I've found are "previous", "pause", and "next" in the windows player. Not sure how exactly to fix this, but maybe there's a way...
  8. Lack of customer service and deliberate spying

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lack of customer service and deliberate spying: Why does Microsoft even bother to schedule a call back when they never call? Watch out, everyone! They spy on you through the cameras and then destroy your system when you report it....
  9. Lack of customer service and deliberate spying

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lack of customer service and deliberate spying: Why does Microsoft even bother to schedule a call back when they never call? Watch out, everyone! They spy on you through the cameras and then destroy your system when you report it....
  10. Windows 10 - poor customer support and lack of media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - poor customer support and lack of media player: I tried Windows 10 but first, I could not download my CD music to my MP3 player. Next I tried it with my Photoshop Elements and Photoshop CS5. It warned me not all components are supported. As a photographer, I rely on Photoshop. Windows really messed up with this so...