Windows 10: Windows 10 Lagging when installing games on SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 Lagging when installing games on SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to fix it? I have SSD and i have the same problem in Windows 7 on SSD. 66550 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sandi1987, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

Windows 10 Lagging when installing games on SSD

How to fix it? I have SSD and i have the same problem in Windows 7 on SSD.

:)

Sandi1987, Oct 10, 2016

2. windows 10 gaming performance is to weak

so yah I was so exited about my laptop is gonna upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but when I upgrade it the gaming is not good for me cause I play a lot of games since my windows is 8.1 and thaht is a bit ok cause its not lag and then when I upgrade
    to windows 10 the gaming is weak is to lag or the fps is so low and I dont like that cause I play dota 2 much and now the fps is so small like today I was planning to play dota 2 but then when I open it the game is lag or slow when I click option so I will
    optimize the quality but it's still lag like really lag and when I started clicking on there it will just automatically close the game so I cant play the game cause of lagging and it will automatically close so I hope you can help me woth this cause its very
    lag and I want to be back to windows 8.1 not windows 10 cause its to lag I like that there are many features on windows 10 but the performance is not that good as I think....

JohnLeoEscobal, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Géza_942 Win User
    Roaming folder game save problems with two discs

Hello,

I bought a new computer with an SSD drive, and installed the Windows on it. I have the following problem: game saves are stored on the Roaming folder inside AppData folder, but I have installed games on the HDD as well. I decided to move the Roaming folder
    to the HDD to spare the SSD from additional writes, but after it I realised that the system does not work properly with SSD games, I had lag spikes, and maybe there are other things too, and a part of the folder is left behind in the default location.

My question is what can I do if I want to play games from both drives?

Could you help me please?

Géza_942, Oct 10, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

What changes did you make to the OS on both machines? What are the spec's on the computer and mfg and model number of the parts.

bro67, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Sandi1987 Win User
    I have 2 SSD. One for Windows 10 (Samsung 840 EVO 250GB) and one for Windows 7 (Kingston SUV400S 120 GB). Both OS runs very slow when installing games. Half hour for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Installation in Windows 10. How to fix this?

Intel Core i5 4670K@4200 MHz
    Corsair XMS3 DDR3 8 GB
    GeForce GTX 970

Sandi1987, Nov 19, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Would have nothing to do with the SSD's then. Could just be your settings for the game. Installing software is always a long process, especially if it has to unpack gig's of files, then turn around and download gig's of data to update the installed software and any extras. Also depends on your download speed.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Lagging when installing games on SSD - Similar Threads - Lagging installing games

2. Lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when playing games: Hello!I recently bought myself a new laptop, and redownloaded some of the games on my old laptop - one of them being Stardew Valley. However, when I downloaded the game I quickly discovered a weird bug. When my game is in small screen mode, it works fine, but when I make the...
  3. Lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag when playing games: Hello!I recently bought myself a new laptop, and redownloaded some of the games on my old laptop - one of them being Stardew Valley. However, when I downloaded the game I quickly discovered a weird bug. When my game is in small screen mode, it works fine, but when I make the...
  4. SSD crashed when installing game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD crashed when installing game.: I installed a game called Red Dead Redemption 2 on my SSD and now it crashes and says: "Repairing disk errors. This might take an hour to complete."So I thought it crashes. Though, It is not using full disk usage. On my other drive; HDD, can install this game. So I was...
  5. SSD crashed when installing game.

SSD crashed when installing game.: I installed a game called Red Dead Redemption 2 on my SSD and now it crashes and says: "Repairing disk errors. This might take an hour to complete."So I thought it crashes. Though, It is not using full disk usage. On my other drive; HDD, can install this game. So I was...
  6. SSD crashed when installing game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 gaming lags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 gaming lags: On my computer, starting early last month or so maybe in November, I started experiencing a lot of lagging FPS drops in my videogames, even though my computer, theoretically, should be able to handle them. For all games, they seem to run perfectly smooth for maybe 30 mins or...
  8. Windows 10 gaming lags

Windows 10 gaming lags: On my computer, starting early last month or so maybe in November, I started experiencing a lot of lagging FPS drops in my videogames, even though my computer, theoretically, should be able to handle them. For all games, they seem to run perfectly smooth for maybe 30 mins or...
  9. lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag when playing games: hello, can someone help me please? i dont know why my fps suddenly dropped since last month, i already upgrade my ram and clean my laptop but it still doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-playing-games/f6633e5a-f4b9-4f47-b98d-e8eb8b6a87de
  10. Game installs lagging Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game installs lagging Windows 10: Greetings all! I’ve attempted to install and run both Killing Floor 2 and Apex Legends on my system. It’s a brand new prebuilt from NZXT and it runs flawlessly... until... I installed these two games. Been running AC Valhalla so well and a few other games. I’ve installed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. game lagging after installing ssd

2. at the time of game installation my laptop is lagging is tis normal

3. game lag with ssd

4. game is lagging on ssd