Windows 10: Windows 10 lags when any audio is playing

Discus and support Windows 10 lags when any audio is playing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This only started happening recently, but whenever any sort of audio plays on youtube, spotify, or anything else, I get lag spikes (I can tell because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brendantodorovic, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 lags when any audio is playing

This only started happening recently, but whenever any sort of audio plays on youtube, spotify, or anything else, I get lag spikes (I can tell because my cursor starts skipping). I have tried on firefox, chrome, and edge and they all lag when audio plays. Help?

:)

brendantodorovic, Jul 6, 2018

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I apologize for the late reply and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

In order to understand the issue more clearly, I would request you to kindly provide me with the following information.

• Which media are you using to play audio or video files?

• Are you playing online videos and audio?
    I would suggest you to try the steps provided in the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 lags when any audio is playing

Video and audio lagging on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

For the issue with sound. I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below method.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method:

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall the sound driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and outputs to expand, right click on the device and click on
      uninstall.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the restart the computer. If should automatically installed the driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Audio input and outputs and right click on it and
      update the software.
    For the issue with display try the below method.

Method 4.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 5.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 lags when any audio is playing

1. Windows 10 lags when any audio is playing - Similar Threads - lags audio playing

2. Windows 10 will not play audio files in any app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not play audio files in any app: Suddenly, none of the Windows apps on my computer will play any audio files, mp3, wav, flac, etc. Windows Media Player issues the message: "We can’t open <filename>. It’s encoded in a format that isn’t supported. 0xC00D36B4"This issue is on a recording studio computer, so...
  3. Windows 10 will not play audio files in any app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not play audio files in any app: Suddenly, none of the Windows apps on my computer will play any audio files, mp3, wav, flac, etc. Windows Media Player issues the message: "We can’t open <filename>. It’s encoded in a format that isn’t supported. 0xC00D36B4"This issue is on a recording studio computer, so...
  4. Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video: So ever since I’ve updated to windows 10 I have a very weird bug.Sometimes games i have noticed this in dota2 and csgo will start to horrendously lag, my fps counter will still state something upwards of 30-60 and fluctuate heavily though it is usually higher and somewhat...
  5. Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video

Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video: So ever since I’ve updated to windows 10 I have a very weird bug.Sometimes games i have noticed this in dota2 and csgo will start to horrendously lag, my fps counter will still state something upwards of 30-60 and fluctuate heavily though it is usually higher and somewhat...
  6. Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when playing games: Hello!I recently bought myself a new laptop, and redownloaded some of the games on my old laptop - one of them being Stardew Valley. However, when I downloaded the game I quickly discovered a weird bug. When my game is in small screen mode, it works fine, but when I make the...
  8. Lag when playing games

Lag when playing games: Hello!I recently bought myself a new laptop, and redownloaded some of the games on my old laptop - one of them being Stardew Valley. However, when I downloaded the game I quickly discovered a weird bug. When my game is in small screen mode, it works fine, but when I make the...
  9. lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag when playing games: hello, can someone help me please? i dont know why my fps suddenly dropped since last month, i already upgrade my ram and clean my laptop but it still doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-playing-games/f6633e5a-f4b9-4f47-b98d-e8eb8b6a87de
  10. Desktop lagging and audio popping / crackling when playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop lagging and audio popping / crackling when playing games: This is happening to me a lot in a game called Hell Let Loose. I’ve tried asking for help over there but have gotten no response. When there’s a lot of action going on the sound becomes so unbearable I have to take my headset off because it hurts my ears. It almost turns into...