Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop crashes when copying folders

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop crashes when copying folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i have a problem with my windows 10 laptop with 64 Bit operating system with a intel I7 2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz with GB memory My problem is when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sam02, Feb 22, 2018.

1. sam02 Win User

Windows 10 laptop crashes when copying folders

Hi i have a problem with my windows 10 laptop with 64 Bit operating system with a intel I7 2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz with GB memory

My problem is when i try and copy folders with MP3 files in the folder it works ok if the target is in the same currant folder as the origINAL.

But if i try and copy to a folder on another hard drive the computer crashes after a few seconds

But if i make a new folder on the hard drive and then open the folder i want and select the files i want to copy and click copy and then go to the second hard drive open the target folder and click past it works ok, it will just not copy the folder and file in one go

Regards

:)

sam02, Feb 22, 2018

2. Windows Explorer crashes, Faulty App path support.dll

I have the same problem on more than one computer - desktop and laptop (Windows 10, fully updated, 64 bit). This even happens when I copy a file into the same folder, not just to another folder. I ran SFC /scannow, and no problems were found. Happening more
    frequently and getting worse. Help!

"File Explorer (Windows 10 64 Bit) crashes when copying / pasting a file from one folder to next- Original Title

When I try to copy or cut a file from one folder to the next one, the file does not show up in the target folder, but the file explorer crashes and closes, showing me again the desktop."

Art Bushkin, Feb 22, 2018
  3. inuwan Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer crashes copying photo from iphone

Running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1703. When I attempt to copy a photo (jpg) from my iphone to the desktop (or any folder) using Windows Explorer, Windows Explorer crashes.

On previous versions of Windows, I was able to copy from iphone to a folder on Windows. What could be causing this and how to fix?

inuwan, Feb 22, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Normally this is either source or target drive corrupted it can be corrupted files so first step is a full text of both drives

Samuria, Feb 22, 2018
  5. sam02 Win User
    Hi Samuria

Ive done a check with windows drive checker and it found some errors on the main drive and it said it had fixed them and it seems to be ok now but i will give it a try out tomorrow.

Thank you

sam02, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop crashes when copying folders - Similar Threads - laptop crashes copying

2. No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No Duplicate Warning when Copying or Moving Files and Folders in Windows 10: When copying files from one folder to another, the OS always warns if there is another folder or file with the same name. It is one of the prominent features of File Explorer, which makes sure the same files are not overwritten without consent. In case you are not receiving...
  3. copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB: copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB and i cant view my files also every photo is now 48GB can someone help [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying

Windows keeps changing the folder icon when moving/copying: Hi. I'm using win10 v1803 with latest update installed. here is my problem: I change a folder icon with "TeorexFolderico" or "FolderMarker" and the icon changes (No problem), but when I move/copy that folder, the new icon does not show and the hidden ".ini" file will appear...
  5. duplicate files when copying folder with GUI

duplicate files when copying folder with GUI: When I try copy user folders quite often I get the message that folder/file already exists, I copy c:\program data or c:\users user folders from one hard drive to a brand new computer with brand new hard disk, so that folder/file absolutely sure doesn't exist on the new one,...
  6. Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10

Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10: I have just lost a folder of files that I meant to copy from one location to another location on the same drive. I meant to copy the files, but instead I moved them. Realizing my mistake, I used the "Undo" function and now the files/folders have completely disappeared ......
  7. Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe crashing when opening folders and/or trying to copy folders/files: Hello, I had this issue around 7 months ago as of this post and I still have the same issue. I switched hardware in the meantime and don't use an AMD GPU anymore. What I tried: - Safe Mode - New profile - clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers - updating all drivers...
  8. Windows 10 unable to copy folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 unable to copy folders: I am running windows 10 the latest version with all the latest updates on my PC and my laptop I have a problem in that 9 times out of 10 when I try and copy a folder to another hard drive or just make a copy on the same partition of the hard drive, The copy starts and then...
  9. Network folder crashes when I try to copy or move a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Network folder crashes when I try to copy or move a file: Hi, Recently I tried to copy or move a file from a network folder and whenever I try that, the network folder and connection crashes. I tried installing ccleaner to fix all the broken links , did updates, changed the name of the laptop, rejoined the domain but it still...
  10. Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders: With Windows 8, if I copy files or folders from one disk to another, a window appears which shows the progress. This is very useful. Windows 10 does not show this window. Is there a way to make it appear? 36222