Windows 10: Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically, whenever i am in a game, my screen automatically dims, i would say to about 60-70% brightness. The only way to increase the brightness again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ozan0053, Oct 23, 2017.

1. ozan0053 Win User

Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem

Basically, whenever i am in a game, my screen automatically dims, i would say to about 60-70% brightness. The only way to increase the brightness again is to tab out. I had actually somehow managed to fix this problem, but it began again after i accidentally removed my charger.

:)

ozan0053, Oct 23, 2017

2. Laptop Screen Brightness is not the same as Secondary Monitor's brightness

After I installed windows 10, I noticed that the screen brightness on my laptop's screen was dimmer than the brightness of my secondary monitor. Not dim enough to suggest a problem with the lamp, but just dim enough to be annoying, as though it was turned
    down in the settings. I went through and tried to change the screen brightness, but it failed to be effected. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

occultApathetic, Oct 23, 2017
  3. I am using Windows 10 on a Laptop & it keeps dimming no matter what settings I apply.

* Original Title: Screen Dimming

I am using Windows 10, on a Laptop & it keeps dimming no matter what settings I apply.

Could anyone please help !!

Thanks in advance

Samerbarqawi, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem

best to put the brightness at full and set not to dim and if the same id say a possible fault with the screen itself.

Another good place to test is the BIOS as should not move until instructed to

kingtez1984, Oct 23, 2017
  5. ozan0053 Win User
    Where exactly do we set the screen not to dim? And my laptop is about 2 weeks old, so i doubt it's a fault with the screen.

ozan0053, Oct 23, 2017
  6. Go into power options (can be searched in start menu I believe) and change all them to stay on.

Probs best to avoid that tho and boot to the bios and leave enough time for it to have happened. Thats the best test as rules out windows

7. ozan0053 Win User
    My advanced power options:

Display Brightness: 100%
    Dimmed Display Brightness: 0% (Tried with 100% too, no change)
    Enable Adaptive Brightness: Off

As for the BIOS, i'm not really familiar with it, i understand you have to do a "Advanced startup"? What do i do exactly?

ozan0053, Oct 23, 2017
  8. Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem

when you first turn the power on, it will say somwhere to tap F2 or delete to enter setup.

Its always going to be one or the other so best to turn the power on and tap one after the other. You will know when you are there as will be a screen that if your not familiar to the BIOS, you may not have seen before.

If it does it when you are lets say using the pc such as gaming or just generally moving the mouse round id say its a screen issue but try it in the BIOS as again, will stay there until commanded to move (to get out you will have to turn the power off)

9. ozan0053 Win User
    Okay, i'll try when i can.

And it only dims when i am in a game, when i tab out, i can get full brightness again. So i'm guessing Windows is trying use less power in games for some reason, even though my charger is connected.

ozan0053, Oct 23, 2017
  10. where you was in the power options, there will be options for balanced and high performance.

Set all to high performance while on charge

11. ozan0053 Win User
    Wait, it appears to be fixed? This is really weird. I removed the charger, when i went into a game, it didn't dim. I plugged it back in, and it still didn't dim. So i guess that was it. Weirdly, i had actually tried this method before, but it didn't work. Strange how it works now. Thank you anyway!

ozan0053, Oct 23, 2017
  12. Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem

No worries mate, glad its sorted. I'd leave it a few hours before marking the threat as resolved incase it reappears *Smile

kingtez1984, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem

1. Windows 10 Laptop Screen dimming problem - Similar Threads - Laptop Screen dimming

2. My laptops screen is dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptops screen is dim: After i reset the monitor drivers using win + shift + ctrl + b its back to normal and after 2 seconds it slowly turns dim again, the model is Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05, gpu driver is up to date....
  3. My laptops screen is dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptops screen is dim: After i reset the monitor drivers using win + shift + ctrl + b its back to normal and after 2 seconds it slowly turns dim again, the model is Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05, gpu driver is up to date....
  4. Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 old I know and as of a couple days ago only the laptop monitor is slightly dimmed in comparison to my external monitor connected. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating various drivers and even my BIOS yet nothing is making a difference....
  5. Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Screen Slightly Dimmed: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 old I know and as of a couple days ago only the laptop monitor is slightly dimmed in comparison to my external monitor connected. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating various drivers and even my BIOS yet nothing is making a difference....
  6. Laptop screen dims by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen dims by itself.: Since updating to 21H1, my laptop screens will dim very frequently on its own.This is very annoying since I do photo editing and have calibrated my display and have to reset the brightness every so often sometimes in the middle of an edit. How do I stop the dimming?Edition...
  7. laptop screen keeps dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop screen keeps dimming: my screen gets darker when i have it display darker collers for like 30 seconds and when i go back to a white page it takes another 30 second to get a bit brighter again but for gaming it is realy annoying so i looked it up and it says that i have to turn my adaptive...
  8. Laptop screen is dim bug.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop screen is dim bug.: I have a HP Omen 17 RTX 2070. Today I opened the laptop and I found the screen to be obviously dim, it is the same brightness as if the power is unplugged, but it isn't. I tried to unplug the replug the power cord and discovered that it had no effect on the brightness,...
  9. Laptop screen dims on battery

Laptop screen dims on battery: Hello. This appears to be new behavior windows 1809 installed. I have a dell precision M6700. When the background is darkish the backlight light dims, when you open a browser window or something bright the brightness increases. This is not a quick action and as a result is...
  10. Laptop screen dims on battery

Laptop screen dims on battery: Hello. This appears to be new behavior windows 1809 installed. I have a dell precision M6700. When the background is darkish the backlight light dims, when you open a browser window or something bright the brightness increases. This is not a quick action and as a result is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. B156HW02 dimming problem windows 10