Windows 10: Windows 10 laptop will not detect HDMI connection to TC

Discus and support Windows 10 laptop will not detect HDMI connection to TC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can connect a windows 7 laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable with no issues at all. When I use the same cable and TV with a windows 10 laptop it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SuzieHill, Jul 31, 2018.

1. SuzieHill Win User

Windows 10 laptop will not detect HDMI connection to TC

I can connect a windows 7 laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable with no issues at all. When I use the same cable and TV with a windows 10 laptop it doesn't work. The windows 10 laptop is no more than two years old and had had all of the drivers updated. It is almost as though the HDMI connection doesn't exist. Is there a way to fix this please. It's not a graphics driver issue. I have followed several sets of instructions around that which didn't help and all the drivers on the machine have been updated to latest versions.

:)

SuzieHill, Jul 31, 2018

2. Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, Jul 31, 2018
  3. connecting HDMI to laptop with windows 10

I have tried everything to connect my laptop via HDMI to the TV. I'm running windows 10 and its a brand new computer. It does not read the HDMI. It only says I have one monitor to all the talk about "Win P" does not work. It just does not detect the
    HDMI. I have updated all drivers (not that any really needed it) but it still doesn't work - can anyone help me????

I am using a HP 250 G5 Notebook. All answers that I have read say to go to display - I only have the one display and it will not detect any other. I also do not have the HDMI option in sound on the control panel. I also tried downloading Intel graphics
    for windows 8.1 as someone suggested that - but it would not allow me to do that!

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!!!

BrainierSquid43, Jul 31, 2018
  4. saadanwar Win User

PC to HDMI connection not detected on Windows 10

I know this type of question has been placed numerous times but I am facing something weird for which I dont have any clues. I have purchased a brand new PC and I am facing HDMI connection problem in that. My PC is not detecting my Samsung LCD TV, although
    the same is working on my Laptop that has windows 10 installed. I am using HDMI port on my graphics card, although my motherboard does have an option for HDMI. (Checked the otherwise but its not detecting the signal too)

My PC configuration:

Intel Core i5 6402 Skylake

8GB Kingston Hyper X RAM

Gigabyte H110-S2PH Motherboard

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Windows 10 (build 1511)

What I have done so far :

1. Checked the HDMI cable connection in My Laptop (Windows 10) and the TV is detecting the laptop signal. Working fine.

2. Checked the same thing with my another spare PC (Windows 7) and my TV is detecting the signal.

3. Installed the latest NVIDIA compatible drivers from the manufacturer's website but failed to make the thing work in new PC.

One thing i would like to mention that my windows 10 PC is running updates in the background. And there I saw the list of updates that are currently being downloaded. There is also an update for my Graphics Card Driver/Adapter but when I saw the details
    for the update I came to know the drivers being downloaded are older than the one I have already installed. I dont know whether Windows 10 need separate drivers for Graphics Card other than the OEM. If this is the case then why would the HDMI connection working
    in Windows 7 ?

The last option left with me is to install Windows 7 on my new PC and let the HDMI connection work. Any help would be appreciated. I am literally exhausted :-(

saadanwar, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 laptop will not detect HDMI connection to TC - Similar Threads - laptop detect HDMI

2. Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection: Hello,I'm at my wits end here. I often connect my laptop to a TV or another monitor with an HDMI cable. I use an HDMI to USB-C connector. This has worked fine since I got this laptop last June.My device details: Lenovo Yoga 9i, Windows 11.A few days ago, however, the laptop...
  3. Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cannot detect HDMI connection: Hello,I'm at my wits end here. I often connect my laptop to a TV or another monitor with an HDMI cable. I use an HDMI to USB-C connector. This has worked fine since I got this laptop last June.My device details: Lenovo Yoga 9i, Windows 11.A few days ago, however, the laptop...
  4. External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor connected and detected, but no HDMI signal: Hi All,I purchased a Acer Predator Triton 500 model PT515-52 laptop, with an RTX 2070S with Max Q, running Windows 10. I have a Samsung external monitor that I have been using with my other laptop, which is an ASUS Zenbook. As soon as I plug in this laptop, the external...
  5. Asus laptop will not detect an older Dell monitor connected to HDMI port

Asus laptop will not detect an older Dell monitor connected to HDMI port: I have an older Dell Monitor connected to an Asus TP550LA laptop and it's not detecting the external display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-laptop-will-not-detect-an-older-dell-monitor/119b4b90-2ee8-406b-a930-96b3b99c03ca
  6. Laptop not detecting HDMI or VGA

Laptop not detecting HDMI or VGA: Hello everyone, About a week ago I woke up and connected my lenovo thinkpad to my HDMI and all of a sudden, it would not project onto my monitor. I have been displaying for a whole year, and never had a problem. The solutions I found online to delete my drivers and update...
  7. HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10

HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10: Hello there, I am new to this community, since I released swtich from Windows 7 to 10. I had some isuess with Wirless connection dropping constently and no Bluetooth dectection on windows. I have managed to fix up by my own, but there is still one big problem which is the...
  8. No connection from laptop to HDMI - Windows 10

No connection from laptop to HDMI - Windows 10: I upgraded to Windows 10 and now i have issues with my laptop picking up my earphones aswell as sending a signal through the hdmi cable to a second screen(doesnt even pick up a second screen) - i have tried different screens and hdmi cables aswell. I have tried updating my...
  9. connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    connecting laptop with windows 10 to tv with HDMI cable: I'm trying to view my laptop (Windows 10) to my tv. The settings menu says it doesn't detect another display. What am I doing wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-laptop-with-windows-10-to-tv-with-hdmi/54f4c9c6-91e2-4a0b-916c-825410a42125
  10. Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI Monitors: Running windows 10. I have a new MSI GT72 Dominator Pro Laptop that has Thunderbolt, Mini-Display, and HDMI outputs. I have two monitors that are HDMI. THey are detected if I use the thunderbolt and Mini-display but not through the HDMI. I have tried multiple HDMI cables that...