Windows 10: windows 10 laptop will not open start window with left click, but right click does work?

Discus and support windows 10 laptop will not open start window with left click, but right click does work? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not sure what happened to my HP, but if I left click on the the windows start I get nothing. But the right click on windows start will work. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbnerOtero, Aug 5, 2018.

1. windows 10 laptop will not open start window with left click, but right click does work?

Not sure what happened to my HP, but if I left click on the the windows start I get nothing. But the right click on windows start will work. Has anyone had this happen? I searched on google got a few suggestions but nothing has helped me. I think I need to re-install windows 10 but then I will have to re-install all my other programs. I have used my laptop for a few years now and I don't remember how I installed all the programs I use. Any suggestions to make this process easier would really help. Thanks.

:)

AbnerOtero, Aug 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 5, 2018
  4. windows 10 laptop will not open start window with left click, but right click does work?

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 laptop will not open start window with left click, but right click does work?

1. windows 10 laptop will not open start window with left click, but right click does work? - Similar Threads - laptop open start

2. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  3. How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...

How do I change the right-click on Windows 10 touchpad laptop no left-click / right-click /...: I have a Windows 10 HP laptop which only has a touchpad, and no right - click, middle - click or left-click keys. For a right - click to register, I have to press the lower-right part of the touchpad or tap the touchpad with 2 fingers.I find both of these inconvenient for...
  4. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  5. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  6. Left Click Working as Right Click

7. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click: hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that the left click works the same as the right click. it just keeps on showing the menu thing even though i don't press anything. i...
  8. Windows 10 start button right click does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start button right click does not work.: Windows 10 start button right click does not bring up the options menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-button-right-click-does-not-work/5f695c82-fc35-4dfe-b401-f81beeff1c30
  9. Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Left-Click on Windows 10 Start Menu, But Right Click Works: I ran the System File Checker as suggested; it detected no problems. I have two PCs with Windows 10. On the one that I upgraded to Windows 10 most recently, I have no problem. On the one that I upgraded about 9 months before that (it is a Samsung laptop), I can only access...
  10. taskbar open windows right click does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar open windows right click does not work: every time i have some windows open on the task bar the right click function does not open the context window, meaning i want to be able to close the window. ive tired shellex view not sure which ones to disable that maybe causing the issue. 35648