Windows 10: Windows 10 laptops very slow when wifi is turned off

Discus and support Windows 10 laptops very slow when wifi is turned off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. We have many laptops running Windows 10 Ent 1709 on a domain. A few of them, including mine, have started to act up while wifi is turned off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scott_716NE, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 laptops very slow when wifi is turned off

Hello. We have many laptops running Windows 10 Ent 1709 on a domain. A few of them, including mine, have started to act up while wifi is turned off. They will run extremely slow, freeze up, and just lock up completely while opening a Word or Excel document, or even opening up control panel items.

I have updated all drivers. This issue does not happen when hardwired into the network.

Any ideas? this is only affecting about 5% of our laptops right now. But it's a growing issue.

Thanks

:)

Scott_716NE, Jul 12, 2018

2. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    High Ping when i Turn on the wifi of my laptop

Can you please provide more information?

• What make/model of router do you have?
    • Is it on the latest firmware?
    • If you don't know how to do something with your router, please refer to the user's manual or provide us more information about it so we can assist you better.
    • What make/model of laptops do you have?
    • Is the laptop that causes the high latency of the wireless connection much older than the other devices?
    • Have you scanned the device for malware to make sure it isn't causing any kind of attack inside or outside of your network? (I recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware Free from Ninite.com)
    • What are you pinging when you're monitoring this issue? Google? Your gateway/router?
    High latency in a wireless envirnoment like this one I would assume it is either something overloading from a malicious attack, an old device using a narrower bandwidth causing the router to have to change its channel scopes and having issues doing so (firmware bug), or the router being overloaded trying to manage all the requests over wireless (cheaper home-grade routers can fall flat on their face if too many devices connect to their wireless network(s))...there are other things like channel interference that @remixedcat refers to that are absolutely worth looking into.

Acrylic WiFi is an excellent program. Run it for about 15 minutes, then use Snip to take a screenshot of it (Google: Now to use Microsoft Snip, if you've never used it). You can attach images to a new post or upload them to Techpowerup.org and past the IMG code in your post.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction!

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 laptops very slow when wifi is turned off

High Ping when i Turn on the wifi of my laptop

Hello everyone, well I recently bought a new Dell laptop intel core i3, and I'm having a terrible problem which is high ping and slow internet. We have 3 laptops at home, Their ping is 80 to 90 ms and I can play with them normally, but when I only turn on the wifi of my Dell laptop without playing " just turn on" The ping become 700 up to 1000 ms, and it lags all the laptops and phones using the wifi, I tried almost everything, can you please help? Thanks.

MasterCyrax, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 laptops very slow when wifi is turned off

1. Windows 10 laptops very slow when wifi is turned off - Similar Threads - laptops very slow

2. wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi is very slow: wifi is very slow when i plug in my charger on my laptop. All other devises work well with this wifi. This happened after I updated windows from prior version to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-very-slow/d6c5861d-f0b2-4773-b461-adcc71641692
  3. wifi is very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi is very slow: wifi is very slow when i plug in my charger on my laptop. All other devises work well with this wifi. This happened after I updated windows from prior version to 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-is-very-slow/d6c5861d-f0b2-4773-b461-adcc71641692
  4. Wifi Very Slow On My Laptop - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Very Slow On My Laptop - Windows 11: It's weird that recently my wifi connection speed on my laptop and only on my laptop that slow while the other devices that use the same wifi is having full speed which is 100mbps while my laptop only got 8mbpsI run the Windows Network Diagnostic but the result was fineI...
  5. Wifi Very Slow On My Laptop - Windows 11

Wifi Very Slow On My Laptop - Windows 11: It's weird that recently my wifi connection speed on my laptop and only on my laptop that slow while the other devices that use the same wifi is having full speed which is 100mbps while my laptop only got 8mbpsI run the Windows Network Diagnostic but the result was fineI...
  6. _WLAN_BSS_LIST is updated very slow if a Hotspot is turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    _WLAN_BSS_LIST is updated very slow if a Hotspot is turned off: Hi Everyone!I'm currently developing a windows application which detects WiFi network changes every 10 to 15 seconds. There is no problem with detecting new mobile hotspots updates were reflected after at least 20 or 30 seconds. However, there is a problem when a mobile...
  7. _WLAN_BSS_LIST is updated very slow if a Hotspot is turned off

_WLAN_BSS_LIST is updated very slow if a Hotspot is turned off: Hi Everyone!I'm currently developing a windows application which detects WiFi network changes every 10 to 15 seconds. There is no problem with detecting new mobile hotspots updates were reflected after at least 20 or 30 seconds. However, there is a problem when a mobile...
  8. _WLAN_BSS_LIST is updated very slow if a Hotspot is turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop

WiFi turns off after turning off / sleeping laptop: Hello, probably after updating windows10, although I am not sure, in my laptop, where everything was okay so far, something with Wifi turned on, which disconnects after, e.g. sleeping the laptop. After turning it on, I have to wait a while until the internet connects again. I...
  10. Very slow WiFi on Windows 10

Very slow WiFi on Windows 10: I recently got a new Lenovo Ideapad. After updating Windows and MSOffice, I started using it as I normally would. It works fine. I could go to Dictionary.com or Wikipedia and CNN except the WiFi is very slow. I've tried connecting via ethernet and the speed seems to be...