Windows 10: Windows 10 Latest Build Network Discovery issues.

Discus and support Windows 10 Latest Build Network Discovery issues. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated my gaming computer to the latest build of windows 10.. don't quite remember what the number of it was, it was about a week ago I did this. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Snake3169, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Snake3169 Win User

Windows 10 Latest Build Network Discovery issues.

I updated my gaming computer to the latest build of windows 10.. don't quite remember what the number of it was, it was about a week ago I did this. I was hoping MS would sort out the issue in a hotfix or a patch or something. It's been over a week now. The problem still persists.

Basically I have Network Discovery turned on for public and private networks. Though It refuses to see any windows 10 PC in the network window.

Curiously though, I can see my windows 7 Media computer.. though it does not see itself on the network or my windows 10 laptop. (which doesn't have the latest build installed.. I have been avoiding it since having this issue)

My windows 10 Laptop can see all the PCs, as can my media computer. Only the latest windows 10 build on my gaming computer is having issues.

So is there any fix for this? I am not exactly network savvy.

:)

Snake3169, Nov 30, 2015
  2. TCZ
    TCZ Win User

No longer able to connect to a shared folder

I am not using Homegroups, I have tried with all firewall and anti-malware turned off, i have network discovery and file and print sharing turned on.

The thing is it was working fine for months then after the latest Windows 10 update, build version1607 build 14393.447 is when the trouble started.

3. Unable to access other network shared computer from Windows 10 home

Original title: Windows 10 Home - Network issue

I have 3 computers at home on my network. One is used as a media server and backup, and is running Windows 10 Pro with latest build 10586. Second computer is running Windows 10 Home with latest build 10586. 3rd computer is running Windows 10 pro - but
    the prior rebuild and is rarely on.

Before this latest build, I was able to see all computers in Windows Explorer under the Network icon, thus able to navigate to all SHARED folders. This worked on both the Windows pro, and Windows home.

However, since the upgrade to build 10586, I can see and navigate to all shares from the Windows 10 Pro computer. However, the reverse is not true. Windows explorer does not display any computer on the network from the NETWORK icon. However, I can use
    the feature Map Network drive - but I have to use the CONNECT TO WEB SITE and enter the \\server\share_name

I have checked all Advanced sharing settings under Network and Sharing to make sure Network Discovery is on for both computers. All computers are set the same.

This use to work. Since I have two licenses for Windows Pro, and one for Windows Home, can I switch the license between two physical machines?

PhillipPorter13, Nov 30, 2015
  4. linw Win User

No fix as yet. Have a look at similar threads.

linw, Dec 1, 2015
  5. KRL
    KRL Win User
    There are fixes. Read all the related posts. However for many as soon as you get everything working, it all goes invisble again in subsequent boot ups.

It's become pointless to do these fixes until the underlying problem in the Win 10 core networking code is fixed first by Microsoft.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Latest Build Network Discovery issues. - Similar Threads - Latest Build Network

2. Network discovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discovery: I am using Windows 10. I have set up a disk drive on the Wi-Fi router, but I cannot see it on Windows file explorer under Network. Even though I turn on network discovery, I still cannot see my network devices. Please help! Thank you so much.b...
  3. Network Discovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Discovery: I have a server running windows server 2008 r2 and the network discovery is on. On why windows 10 pc I don't see it. I can see my windows 10 machine on the server-side but not the other way. Any solutions, or suggestions. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. submitted by...
  4. Network Discovery Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Discovery Issues: Hello. I have 3 windows 10 computers on my local network and for the life of me i cant get them to see each other on the network so i can share files. i have changed function host to automatic delayed start and smdk 1.0 is disabled on all computers. what else can i do??...
  5. network discovery

network discovery: I am trying to add a printer connected to another PC, both win10Pro although I can see the other pc when I try to connect the printer get a message saying contact network admin for permissions. Pc #2 has been shared, same with printer, files and sharing activated, I read...
  6. Windows 10 Networking - 1 PC with Discovery Issues

Windows 10 Networking - 1 PC with Discovery Issues: Greetings! My network has 4 PC's. I had just built two new PC's and getting ready to do file transfers between the old PC's to the new PC's but ever since the removal of HomeGroups I haven't bothered to setup sharing since. But now that I have, I'm running into problems....
  7. Network Discovery Issues

Network Discovery Issues: My computer has been having issues maintaining an internet connection when I use my phone as a hotspot with a cable or as wifi. I tried a few things that others found helpful and have made the issue worse. Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and sharing Center...
  8. Network Discovery.

Network Discovery.: Network Discovery. I added a USB memory stick to my router (as suggested by Computer Active) I tried to access it from my laptop by trying \\192.168.1.1 (My router default gateway) as suggested in the article. It came back with Network Discovery must be switched on - - - - -...
  9. Windows 10 Network Discovery Issues

Windows 10 Network Discovery Issues: Hi All I have two computers connected through a router. Before the Windows update that removed the HOMEGROUP, both were connected to the homegroup and I could share files easily between them without any problems. After the update however, the computers are having trouble...
  10. Latest build Network discovery takes a LONG time (works though)

Latest build Network discovery takes a LONG time (works though): Hi there Network discovery seems to take an age to run - even for as little as 4 computers on the network. This is after latest W10 build. OK it finds all the machines but a long time - especially when you do a Refresh. Samba finds all the machines in seconds - or less....