Windows 10: Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Not sure why no one has tried to help me??? I have a HTPC that I build myself, it was running Windows 8 and Upgraded to Window 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Xavier56, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Xavier56 Win User

Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue

Hello,

Not sure why no one has tried to help me???

I have a HTPC that I build myself, it was running Windows 8 and Upgraded to Window 10. Everything was working good and fine until the last Automatic Windows 10 updates that were installed. The Windows 10 does not full start now, gets the my home screen and gets hung up with the small round Blue cursor doing nothing. When starting up the Startup sound starts and stops in the middle. Then nothing else loads like virus software and the like. Basically Dead with home screen. You can move circle cursor around and thats it.

Do not know what this Update did but something major has happen.

I have a Full System Restore available that has the Good working Windows 10, but the last updates were all ready downloaded and were waiting for a computer restart. So Once I install the image and when it restarts you can see it install the updates then it is back right where I was.

Can start in safe mode no problem. So can make changes there if need.

Question is - can I stop the computer from updating on the image restart somehow - or delete or stop the updates in safe mode.

Any help will be appreciated that can fix this.

Thank you

:)

Xavier56, Jan 19, 2016

2. Windows 10: Issues with deleting a particular system file and Administrator Problems.

Original Title: Administrator Problems

The issue is quite simple. Ever since migrating to Windows 10, I've been unable to administrate, though I'm supposedly an administrator with "full control." A current example: I've picked up a trojan file in a c:\windows subdirectory. having full control
    of the c:\ directory, I should be able to simply delete the bad file. However, I can't do that because I get the following message:

"You require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this file." I've tried all the suggestions here and none of them work. This has been an ongoing issue with this OS since I installed it a year ago. Until now, I haven't needed
    to "administrate" over this directory, and thought that Microsoft would eventually get around to fixing the problem, especially since there have been so many complaints about it. Apparently, Microsoft can't handle it. BTW, Windows 10 sucks. It's apparently
    not built for end users who want to accomplish real work on the computers THEY OWN. Instead it's built for vendors who want to know who you are, where you are and what you're doing, so that they can tailor advertising to you.

Windows 10 Keyboard Issue, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Won't read SD CARD windows 10

Below is the result of following your Step 1. So my issue of Windows 10 not reading the SD is still not resolved. How come the required driver to allow Windows 10 to read the SD in my computer was not installed during the fix?

"There is a problem with the driver for USB-IF xHCI USB Host Controller. The driver needs to be reinstalled."

Windows 10 SD issue, Jan 19, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

This sounds as if your system backup was done in the middle of an update so you will always restore back to that point.

The fact that you can get into safe mode suggests that one of the drivers or processes that start during a normal boot are triggering the problem. Instead of safe mode I would try a clean boot and see if this will allow the system to start up. Then you can repeat the process and gradually introduce the services back a few at a time until you pinpoint what is causing the problem. Once you know, you can then deal with it by removing the offending program.

See this MS article for the clean boot process (W10 works the same as W8): https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/929135

One other option might be to do a system restore (if you had turned this form of system protection on) and take your system back to a point before you tried the update. See this tutorial for an explanation.

philc43, Jan 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Latest Updates Issue - Similar Threads - Latest Updates Issue

2. Latest Windows 10 Update Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 Update Issues: When I installed the most recent updates to Windows 10 on my laptop, I ended up with a BSOD and couldn't re-boot my laptop. Was in a boot loop. I also lost my Norton Security program. I had to uninstall the updates so that my laptop would work and had to reinstall Norton....
  3. Latest windows 10 update issues.

Latest windows 10 update issues.: Hi All. So, I just had a substantial Windows update on 11/9/2020. My mail no longer works live 2011, no sound, many apps crashing etc. I tried to do a system restore and somehow there are no restore points. Looked for a way to uninstall the update however there is no option...
  4. Windows latest update issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows latest update issues: So since the latest update, the one on the 13th i believe, ive had some interesting issues occur and so have a few other people i know. Its happened twice so far but the issue is that my CPU usage shoots up to 100% and "System Interrupts" in the process that is using it all....
  5. Latest Windows 10 update issues

Latest Windows 10 update issues: I have been having issues since the last few days with windows 10 not be responsive and being completely unusable due to the latest security update that had came out just a few days ago. My laptop has successfully updated, but soon after i easily noticed some issues while...
  6. Issues with the latest windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with the latest windows 10 update: After the latest update my laptop has slowed down to a crawl,even worse my audio isn't working at all( I am able to listen to anything using my bluetooth earphones only) plz help. submitted by /u/ancientearphones [link] [comments]...
  7. Latest Windows 10 update issues

Latest Windows 10 update issues: One of my computers doesn't like the newest update. It came a few weeks ago and my computer started running very slow. I rolled it back which fixed the problems but it just updated again today and the issues are back. I googled how to stop Windows updates the first time and...
  8. Windows 10 latest update issues

Windows 10 latest update issues: Since updating my Windows 10 to 1809 I have found that the shortcut icons on the desktop keep changing/losing their arrows. Sometimes they are normal, sometimes they are green circular arrows and sometimes they disappear completely. A refresh of the desktop is required to...
  9. Issues in latest window 10 update.

Issues in latest window 10 update.: Hi, Ever since I updated windows on the machine, I am facing many problems related to the operating system. These problems are all related after I put my machine on sleep. When I turn it on, All the windows (notepad, browser etc) are gone. Speakers and internet connection...
  10. Latest Windows 10 Update Issue

Latest Windows 10 Update Issue: Has anyone had issues with their devices after updating to KB4487044? I installed the update yesterday and once I booted back up, the computer was very unresponsive. Taskbar, start menu, desktop icons, and task manager are all unresponsive. Startup applications also fail...