Windows 10: Windows 10 License Key

Discus and support Windows 10 License Key in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After upgrading my Laptop and PC I checked for my License using Speecy and both have the same key VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T Which I would assume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gedstar, Aug 4, 2015.

1. gedstar Win User

Windows 10 License Key

After upgrading my Laptop and PC I checked for my License using Speecy and both have the same key
    VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
    Which I would assume it's a generic one. I actually tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10 after upgrading and successfully Activating it on my Laptop just as a test and ending up getting an error that my Activation has been blocked, even though i used the following procedure
    Upgrade Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Activation Successful!
    Booting from DVD ISO and formatted SSD, installed Windows 10 and tried to activate and got message Activation Blocked. Can't understand why, would like to do a clean install on my main PC, but I'm anxious I'll end up in the same boat.
    Has anybody had this issue and of so is there a way around it
    Both my PC and Laptop have genuine copies on Windows 8.1 Pro install and have upgraded both to Windows 10 Pro and are fully activated
    Thanks in advance

:)

gedstar, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Blenchi88 Win User

upgrade or migrate from Windows 8 64 bit to Windows 10 32 bit

thank you Rakesh,

my main problem is, I got a Windows 8 license key, but no Windows 10 license key.

When you upgrade from Win7 or Win8 (8.1), a Windows 10 license key is automatically provided and you can proceed.

In my case, the upgrade can't happen, because of the processor problem.

I have only 4 GB ram, so it shouldn't matter if I use a 64-bit or 32-bit version. I also have to problem to do a clean install. But then I get the question to fill in a Windows 10 license key. A license key from a former version is not accepted as a valid
    Windows 10 license key.

So, if I erase everything on the disk and want to do a clean install, I'm stocked at the license key.

Blenchi88, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 OEM License Key Reactivation Error!

I have a windows 8 OEM genuine license key. I'm installing windows license key virtual box checking the key in windows 10 activation first time. my virtual machine windows 10 was activated in my windows 8 OEM key after the activation I'm cleaning my laptop
    windows 10 and install fresh windows 10 again in my dell laptop and I'm using that license key again but my windows 10 can't activating.. my virtual box windows lost and windows or old data lost but my new windows can't activating how to activate the again
    using the same license key please help me my OEM License key purchasing money waste..

Muhammad Aadil, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Led Zappa Win User

Windows 10 License Key

You could certainly reinstall 8.1 and upgrade again, activating and trying a clean install after that. I don't see how you could become "unblocked" without contacting MS. I've had to do that with an Office install before and it was rather painless. Not sure how they'd go about activating 10 for you, but with your 8.1 key there should be someway to help you.

Doing some further research on older attempts to get keys for new releases it seems a lot of software that had worked to get keys were getting incorrect keys including Speccy. Maybe that's the case now.

Solved How do I find my Product Key? - Page 2

Led Zappa, Aug 4, 2015
  5. labeeman Win User
    Did you enter a Key? If so do not enter a Key. It may also take a while as there servers are overloaded.

labeeman, Aug 4, 2015
  6. cameos Win User
    My Win8.1 pro upgraded to Win10 pro activated, it has the exactly same key as you posted.

I read somewhere that you have to do Win8.1 pro to Win10 pro and let Microsoft record your system in their database. Later when you clean install Win10 pro from ISO, when the installation asks for product key, you can just skip it, after your new system is fully installed it will be automatically activated online.

cameos, Aug 4, 2015
  7. gedstar Win User
    Thanks for the replies
    Doing the clean install I did skip the product key bit, left the Laptop on all night and checked in the morning still not joy, I have googled this and still haven't found a resolution.
    Although upgrades on both have gone extremely well, no issues apart from safely removing a USB device doesn't notify you that it's ok to remove the device for some reason.
    Quite happy with both installs, but working as a techy I'd loved to do a clean install so I can start afresh *chuckle
    Just created an image of the Laptop so will try again with the fresh install again and see what happens

The weird thing is I was able to roll back to Win 8.1 with a previous image I had, I always create a fresh Image before trying anything and run Windows 10 upgrade again and it activated with no issues, so in theory my Laptop is not blocked!
    Thanks again will post back after trying again

gedstar, Aug 4, 2015
  8. PAL
    pal Win User

Windows 10 License Key

Don't reinstall just because it won't activate. It will come. You can manually do it from cmd: slmgr.vbs /ato
    It might fail numerous times before it goes through.

9. gedstar Win User
    Well tired a fresh install again and it activated without issue strange obviously an issue with Microsoft Servers causing problems for users with activation. Hopefully things will settle down in a few months for all.
    Have to say really like Windows 10 so far, after disabling all the unnecessary reporting back to MS options of which there are many!
    It's fast and so far very stable, well for me anyway *Biggrin

gedstar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 License Key

1. Windows 10 License Key - Similar Threads - License Key

2. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  3. Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activaiton via E5 license - PC is showing an OEM license key: We have a Windows 11 Pro image I have deployed using MDT about a hundred times with no issues. Once a user logs in Windows 11 will activate and become Windows 11 Enterprise.However we have one older Dell laptop that has a Xeon processor that we imaged. The user logs in and it...
  4. i have purchased 80 window 10 pro license key but vendor provided me only 1 key for 80...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have purchased 80 window 10 pro license key but vendor provided me only 1 key for 80...: i have purchased 80 window 10 pro license key but vendor provided me only 1 key for 80 Desktop he said 1 key is use for 80 desktop. i just want to know this is genuine key or not...
  5. i have purchased 80 window 10 pro license key but vendor provided me only 1 key for 80...

i have purchased 80 window 10 pro license key but vendor provided me only 1 key for 80...: i have purchased 80 window 10 pro license key but vendor provided me only 1 key for 80 Desktop he said 1 key is use for 80 desktop. i just want to know this is genuine key or not...
  6. i have purchased 80 window 10 pro license key but vendor provided me only 1 key for 80...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Where can i find my windows 10 license key?

Where can i find my windows 10 license key?: Im getting a new pc later this year and i need the license key to activate windows. Is there any way to get the key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-find-my-windows-10-license-key/d543400d-9cb9-43fb-90e5-bb6ebf35e8db
  8. My question is about using a Windows 11 enterprise 50 user license MAK product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question is about using a Windows 11 enterprise 50 user license MAK product key: I have eight computers. I currently have a 20 user license for Windows 10 enterprise. I have one computer set up as a clone station. I continually upgrade my clone on this computer, and then I make copies of the clone, install the new clone in another computer, and then I...
  9. My question is about using a Windows 11 enterprise 50 user license MAK product key

My question is about using a Windows 11 enterprise 50 user license MAK product key: I have eight computers. I currently have a 20 user license for Windows 10 enterprise. I have one computer set up as a clone station. I continually upgrade my clone on this computer, and then I make copies of the clone, install the new clone in another computer, and then I...
  10. Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops

Request for Confirmation: Transfer of Retail License Keys of Windows OS to new desktops: Dear TeamI am writing to inform you about the necessary upgrade of our office computer desktops, which are currently running on Windows 10 OS with the retail license keys associated.       As part of the upgrade process, we intend to replace the outdated desktops with new,...