Windows 10: Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection

Discus and support Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. Today, when i opened my PC i found out that i have "No internet connection". The last time i used it was last night, and it worked like a charm.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by szgromania, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection

Hello. Today, when i opened my PC i found out that i have "No internet connection". The last time i used it was last night, and it worked like a charm. The problem is from the software itself I guess because other devices seem to be working fine connected to the internet. This also happened to me while using windows 8.1 but I got it fixed everytime with a simple "netsh" command. Now things aren't this simple, i tried multiple fixes and none of them worked. I tried to update the driver from the device manager but i can't find the microsoft and the producer driver, instead i find some outdated drives from like 2013.

Thank you for the time you put into reading my post.

:)

szgromania, Jul 30, 2015

2. window 10 Internet only availble though VPN

SInce installing Windows 10, I cannot access the internet unless (network connection states limited access, no internet) unless I connect to my VPN provider.

JeremyRowton, Jul 30, 2015
  3. KaMills Win User
    My internet connection has data limits. Can the Windows 10 download be scheduled or controlled by me?

My home internet connection has data limits. I have access at work to a fast connection without limits. Can the Windows 10 download be scheduled or controlled by me to avoid exceeding data limits?

KaMills, Jul 30, 2015
  4. gemaroup Win User

Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection

I had exactly the same issue. Everything was working like a charm after the upgrade to Win 10 until yesterday nght. When I came back from work today I was asked to reboot after a windows update with 3 KBxxxxxx files updates. I thing that the problem is due to this upgrade but I have no clue on what was upgraded. Microsoft should know what they did and should bring a fix.

gemaroup, Jul 30, 2015
  5. gemaroup Win User
    PS: I reverted to Win 7 and everything is working fine. I will wait for a fix before another updrade to Win 10

gemaroup, Jul 30, 2015
  6. dlucks Win User
    I have the same problem, but I could only revert to win8.1 and that didnt work. 8.1 worked great until microsoft messed up everything with the "free win 10" download. the only thing I use my comp for is online, they ruined my computer, and now im at the library trying to figure out how to fix it. 1500 dollar paper weight running windows 10 or 8 with no internet yay. Who even uses a computer without internet? better question, who is the idiot responsible for releasing win10 with such a fatal error? fire him/her, beat them with a baseball bat, take all their belongings and burn them, shoot their pets, and leave them stranded on a desert island

dlucks, Jul 30, 2015
  7. dlucks Win User
    yes I am pissed off thanks for noticing

dlucks, Jul 30, 2015
  8. Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection

Agreed, every time I upgrade to Windows 10, I cannot use the Internet. What the hell?

darthvader45, Jul 31, 2015
  9. I solved it, I uninstalled bitdefender and then it worked

szgromania, Jul 31, 2015
  10. I spent hours wondering if it's some group policy error like the one with app notifications. Bitdefender was the silent ass.

seannautica09, Jul 31, 2015
  11. newme Win User
    It was the Bitdefender firewall setting. I changed it to Windows firewall, then re-enabled again the bitdefender firewall
    You don't need to uninstall bitdefender. I'm using bitdefender internet security 2015.
    Goto Bitdefender Firewall:
    -. Disable Block Internet connection sharing
    so far, my internet is still working.. finger crossed

newme, Aug 1, 2015
  12. dlucks Win User
    I dont have bitdefender, what is that? anti virus?

dlucks, Aug 2, 2015
  13. Willsy Win User

I hope this advice helps someone, I spent days scouring threads trying to find an answer for why my Windows 10 wireless worked flawlessly for a full 48 hours after I upgraded and then just stopped! Here's what happened to me and how I fixed it.

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

WIFI NETWORK ADAPTERS USED:
    Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network Adapter (Built into Motherboard)
    Netgear WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Network Adapter (USB Wifi Dongle)

SYMPTOMS:
    * Qualcomm Wifi worked flawlessly for almost 48 hours after upgrading from Win7 to Win10. No hitches.
    * On 3rd day, booted system and everything seemed normal, Wifi connected, no yellow exclamation mark. Internet detected and flowing normally according to the Qualcomm Wireless adapter... BUT!
    * All internet reliant apps not working e.g Steam, Team Viewer, Spotify, Dropbox, AV updates.
    * Go to any browser; Windows Edge, Chrome or Firefox, cannot browse to any website.
    * Checked 'Device Manager' All adapters functioning without issue. Un-installed & Re-installed all just in case.
    * Installed Netgear USB Wifi adapter to test, same symptoms (And Netgear state it's Windows 10 compatible)
    * Tried installing a Legacy Wifi adapter - still no luck.
    * Had 'Tunngle VPN' installed, other threads advised to remove any VPN's and re-install. I did this but no change.

MY SOLUTION:
    Just as I was signing up to this website to get some answers I thought back to what I had last installed on my PC. I had updated my Bit Defender Internet Security 2015 software just before my previous shutdown. I though maybe its firewall is up to something weird... Sure enough I turn it off and BOOM! Internet!

* The culprit stopping my internet but causing all adapters to think I was still connected was an annoying wee setting under the advanced settings of my Bit Defender Firewall called 'Block Internet Connection Sharing', I switched this setting off and all is peaceful in the world again. (See attached screenshot - top setting)

Attachment 28043

It maybe worth checking your firewall even if it isn't Bit Defender for a similar setting. I hope this information saves someone much frustration and wasted time.

Willsy, Aug 2, 2015
  14. logman Win User
    Thank you so much "newme" I have Bitdefender also. I went to the firewall, unchecked and it worked great so far, but I wonder what will happen when I restart. I spent hours on the phone with my internet provider. But it's OK at least I have access now. Thanks again.
    It is the next day (8-4-15) and I have been on and off the internet 8 or 10 times and everything is working great. If you are having problems check your security program settings it may work for more than Bitdefender.

logman, Aug 3, 2015
  15. I had the same problem too after upgrading to Windows 10, I have tried everything I found on the internet but it did not work.

Maybe Internet access is blocked by firewall. Check your firewall setting, if you have firewall from the third party, just turn it off.

I just solved the problem simply by turning off the firewall from the third party application (I am using bitdefender as third party antivirus). now I only use Windows firewall and there is no limited access anymore

ZackVanDante, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Limited access/ No internet connection - Similar Threads - Limited access internet

2. My windows 7 laptop is connected to the internet but showing limited access. With this, I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 7 laptop is connected to the internet but showing limited access. With this, I...: My windows 7 laptop is connected to the internet but showing limited access. With this, I cannot browse the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-7-laptop-is-connected-to-the-internet/1ececf54-d9e6-46e5-8998-407548ea39a8
  3. My windows 7 laptop is connected to the internet but showing limited access. With this, I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 7 laptop is connected to the internet but showing limited access. With this, I...: My windows 7 laptop is connected to the internet but showing limited access. With this, I cannot browse the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-7-laptop-is-connected-to-the-internet/1ececf54-d9e6-46e5-8998-407548ea39a8
  4. Windows update with limited internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update with limited internet connection: I have windows 1909. I'd like to update to 20H2, but my internet plan only provides 2GB of data per day. I read somewhere that this update'll be approx. 3GB size. So I can't download this update in a single stretch. Is it ok if the update gets disrupted half way ? Or do I...
  5. Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation with limited internet access (Firewall).: Short description: If I run slmgr -ato when using a direct connection to the internet the device is activated, if doing the same from the network with limited internet access activation fails. What sites/urls/ports must I allow to be able to activate Windows from our limited...
  6. Windows 10 limiting internet connection speed to 450Mbps for a 1Gbps internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 limiting internet connection speed to 450Mbps for a 1Gbps internet: Hi .. I have Google Fiber and the connection speed is 1 GBPS. In the same computer, using Ubuntu Linux, I get 930Mbps for download. However, windows 10 tops out at 450Mbps. I have a Asrock X99 Extreme4 motherboard and Xeon cpu. I need help to resolve the connection...
  7. Limited internet, Windows 10, IPv4 Connectivity No internet access.

Limited internet, Windows 10, IPv4 Connectivity No internet access.: Just moved to a new location, the WiFi is provided by the entire apartment complex, but you have to register and create a sign in and password with it. My WiFi on my laptop will come on for 15 to 20 minutes when it is turned on, but it turns to limited after that time until...
  8. Limited internet access but not

Limited internet access but not: Hi Guys, I'm having a look at my brother in laws computer which is windows 10 and I am coming up with a doozy of an issue for someone of my level. So he was unable to run Fifa15 and discovered that you need windows media player to run it. When using the add windows...
  9. Windows 10 Home - Limited/No Internet Connection

Windows 10 Home - Limited/No Internet Connection: Hello everyone, I've been reading through several threads on here trying ideas previously listed, but have had no luck. So, my wireless router went out on me yesterday during a thunderstorm, which I replaced today. My desktop will not connect to the wireless network at...
  10. Windows 10 limited internet access icon?

Windows 10 limited internet access icon?: For as long as I've had my NUC, the LAN symbols have had the yellow limited internet access icon. My internet works fine thou, but the icon is kind of bugging me. Any hints on how to fix it? I tried re-installing, reboot router, use Windows own help fixes, to no avail....