Windows 10: Windows 10 load recovery partition

Discus and support Windows 10 load recovery partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello , I have a pc (all in one ) that has a virus on it. The virus makes it so when you start the pc it takes you directly to the Advance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by glen7829, Feb 4, 2018.

1. glen7829 Win User

Windows 10 load recovery partition

Hello ,

I have a pc (all in one ) that has a virus on it. The virus makes it so when you start the pc it takes you directly to the Advance troubleshooting settings. In this settings the fresh install option is greyed out. So my question is , is there anyway to load from the partition with the recovery image? I can get to the command line. but really unsure on how to boot from it.

thanks
    glen

:)

glen7829, Feb 4, 2018

2. Hard Drive (CWindows 10 load recovery partition :) problem

But what is the EFI and the OEM partitions for??

and what is are recovery partitions for??

And... can I delete all of the partitions except for the C: drive??

MatthiasWang, Feb 4, 2018
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Hard Drive (CWindows 10 load recovery partition :) problem

1. You can not replace the Lenovo logo as this is before Windows is loaded.

2. The extra partitions are ones that are made when Windows is installed. If you note one is the recovery partition. Other than the recovery partition the other 3 are less than a GB total.

lacrumb, Feb 4, 2018
  4. Windows 10 load recovery partition

Are you sure that the virus is the cause of Windows not booting?

Do you know the virus name?

Do you have another working Windows installed computer?

FreeBooter, Feb 4, 2018
  5. glen7829 Win User
    I don't have another windows 10 computer, I am pretty sure its the virus. The lady i am helping had a "you are infected" message pop up . "call this number" she called it , denyed giving them 500$ to fix the "error" after that it would no longer boot up normal.

She also had a old laptop, for it i just reinstalled windows 7 but noticed it had 7 partitions , i deleted them all and did fresh install of 7.

i dont know name of virus.

Edit,

it seems like the virus made its own partitions and makeing it boot from that. ?

glen7829, Feb 4, 2018
  6. Boot your computer into Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Execute following commands and if you can post a screenshot of the commands outputs:

Code: Diskpart List volume[/quote]

FreeBooter, Feb 4, 2018
  7. glen7829 Win User
    ok will try , computer is at home and i am at work so it may be a while.

glen7829, Feb 4, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

Assuming that's about the PC you're referring to in post #1, that sounds remarkably like ransomware.

If so, the files are most likely encrypted. Your only option then would be to clean install Win 10.

Of course, you can try to see if you can access anything relatively safely, using, for example, Kyhi's boot disk available from the top of the Software and Apps section here. Boot the PC from that and see if you can access anything.

If there's nothing important on the PC to recover, don't bother with that and simply clean install.

Thereafter make sure disk imaging us used routinely; if the PC is infected again, wiping the disk and restoring the image should get it back running as it was.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2018
  9. glen7829 Win User
    yes but issue is i cant do a clean install. cause the recover image is on the hard-drive partition. I have requested a disk but it may take a while for it to get mailed to me.

glen7829, Feb 4, 2018
  10. You can create Windows 10 Installation Media using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

If you want Windows 10 to automatically activated make sure to install same Windows 10 edition and bit version.

FreeBooter, Feb 4, 2018
  11. zbook New Member
    Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

What options are available in the windows advanced troubleshooting menu?
    If you don't need anything on the computer then perform a reset with remove files.
    There was no information posted on the computer specs.
    If it is a computer manufacturer that sells to a lot of governments then they may have tools in the BIOS to clean the drive.
    For example HP computers have secure erase. The cleaning tool vary depending on whether it is a HD or SSD.
    These tools will go deeper than clean install for removing ransomeware.

zbook, Feb 4, 2018
  12. mrgeek Win User
    Entirely unnecessary for Windows 10. Here's a tutorial on making installation media on a flash drive - Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

Use Option 1, as 'Freebooter' suggests. This MS page will provide you with the latest version of Win10 so major Upgrades will be posted there in the future. Think of it as a mfr's installation disk w/o the bloatware that you can update yourself rather than rollback and then update, maybe yrs worth depending on age of PC. You're clearly familiar with clean install process if you did it with Win7. Good Luck

mrgeek, Feb 4, 2018
  13. glen7829 Win User

What options are available in the windows advanced troubleshooting menu?
    Starts with Troubleshoot or logout
    Troubleshoot -> recovery, fix boot up errors, contact Hp, nothing helpful. The only helpfull one would be reset/recover pc back to orginal settings but its greyed out.

If you don't need anything on the computer then perform a reset with remove files.
    unfortunately its greyed out.

There was no information posted on the computer specs.
    It is a factory all in one pc, also not mine but could look up the specs. I was able to view the recovery media and system product numbers and serial numbers.

If it is a computer manufacturer that sells a lot of governments then they may have tools in the BIOS to clean the drive.
    I was able to access bios i think. F2 at start up right? (gets confusing when working on 2 computers what i did ) Also as a side note stuff like holding windows key and B at power up does not seem to do anything. According to HP it should.

I do like the media tool idea, I may give that a shot. But not sure i know the windows 10 version and or bit version. And I am assuming i will have to reinstall all drivers.

pc is a HP All-in-one - 22-b013w

So when i run the media tool, will it give me option to delete partitions like windows 7? Sorry i know alot about computers and pre windows 8 -10 .. but windows 8 and 10 just not use to yet.

glen7829, Feb 4, 2018
  14. zbook New Member
    If the computer was upgraded from windows 7 or 8 to 10 the computer has a digital license.
    If the computer is an HP product it should have drive erase tools in the BIOS.
    For HP computers power on and repetitively click the F10 key to get to the BIOS boot menu.
    The BIOS menu varies by computer model.
    If you have main, security, and advanced then click security.
    Scroll to hard drive tools > there should be options there for each a HD or SSD.
    On the computer bottom or back look for the product or serial number.
    Open the HP website > support and drivers > enter product or serial number > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread.
    HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys

zbook, Feb 4, 2018
  15. dalchina New Member
    Hi,
    1. Activation will be automatic if you use the correct edition/version of Win 10.
    2. Driver installation is part of the normal clean install.
    3. Windows installation lets you delete existing partitions.

How to clean install Win 10:
    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Basic questions:
    - is your Windows 32 bit or 64 bit?
    - single language or mult-lingual?
    - whether it's Home or Pro is irrelevant inasmuch as the appropriate version will be activated.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 load recovery partition - Similar Threads - load recovery partition

2. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  3. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  4. Windows Recovery Partition

Windows Recovery Partition: As you can see in the image below, the Recovery partition automatically revealed itself. Now I want to hide it but there is now that I can do that. There is only a 'Help' option in Disk Management to that partition. I try to do that through CMD using Diskpart but when...
  5. Recovery Partition on Windows

Recovery Partition on Windows: Hi, I'm using Acer Predator Triton 500 and I had an issue regarding not being able to launch the factory default Predator Sense App. After trying every solution, I tried to restore the system to a time the app was functioning. In the process, an error occurred and I could no...
  6. Windows 10 recovery partition issue

Windows 10 recovery partition issue: Hello to everyone, I have UEFI based laptop HP Envy 17J015SR. I wanted to install Windows 7 and Windows 10 to my laptop in order to use advantages of both systems. I have both operating systems license and i have created installation drives for both sustems separately by...
  7. Windows 10 Recovery Partition

Windows 10 Recovery Partition: When I try to reset my Asus VivoBook 2018 model I get the message Insert your installation or recovery media and restart your pc before it used to just restart and recover the system...
  8. Windows 10 VM and recovery partition

Windows 10 VM and recovery partition: To whom it may concern, We have need to build Windows 10 as VMs for production application and taking advantage of built-in HA on hypervisor. Since Windows 10 has recovery partition right after the system drive partition in following partition layout Partition 1 on Disk...
  9. Copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition.

Copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition.: How do I make a complete copy of the Windows 10 recovery partition to DVD for recovery. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-of-the-windows-10-recovery-partition/b50f08ab-faa0-4f77-817e-ad1c95a8f40e
  10. windows 10 missing recovery partition

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 missing recovery partition: Hi , yesterday i format my PC clean installation , i download from windows 10 the most update copy to my USB and i format , but in the disk management dont show the recovery partition (i know from the option of format in advanced where i delete partition and format and then...