Windows 10: Windows 10 loads but no icons appear and memory usage is 100%

Discus and support Windows 10 loads but no icons appear and memory usage is 100% in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have had windows 10 installed for quite a few months. My computer runs a dual boot of Windows 10 and Ubuntu. Recently I was transferring mp3s to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yellowcouch, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Windows 10 loads but no icons appear and memory usage is 100%

Hi,
    I have had windows 10 installed for quite a few months. My computer runs a dual boot of Windows 10 and Ubuntu. Recently I was transferring mp3s to my cell phone when the computer froze and restarted. I rebooted into windows and logged in. Once the desktop loads in none of the desktop or task bar icons appear. I can ctrl - alt delete and after a few minutes task manager comes up. In task manager I can slowly stop programs and look at services. However, task manager frequently stops responding and I have to wait a few minutes before it responds. The screen also goes to black and comes back every few minutes. It also shows that memory is at 100%
    Any help that wouldn't require reinstalling windows would be great!

Thanks!

:)

yellowcouch, Aug 25, 2016

2. System and compressed memory, messing up everything help please Windows 10 loads but no icons appear and memory usage is 100% :(

I've tried all the suggestions listed, but the usage is still high. system
    and compressed memory

simontezzo, Aug 25, 2016
  3. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Aug 25, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 loads but no icons appear and memory usage is 100%

Sounds like something got screwed up on a bad shutdown and now Windows is trying to fix whatever the problem is. Run sfc /scannow in a Administrator Command Window in Windows and also chkdsk /f to see if any errors are found.

If still at 100% use, you are going to have to get into safe mode and find out if there is anything in the registry under run directories for the machine and user.

Using Linux and Windows as a Dual Partition is not for the faint of heart.

bro67, Aug 25, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 loads but no icons appear and memory usage is 100%

1. Windows 10 loads but no icons appear and memory usage is 100% - Similar Threads - loads icons appear

2. Memory Leak, 100% Usage!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory Leak, 100% Usage!: Hi, this is my first time posting on this forum or any forum to be exact however I could not find a working solution to my current problem that I have had for a couple of days now, see what's happening is that I have an incredibly large RAM usage for no known reason nonp -...
  3. 100% disk memory and cpu usage?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    100% disk memory and cpu usage?: Sometimes when i try to get on my computer and play a game i keep getting 100% disk memory and memory usage and i always have to restart my computer to make it stop but im getting annoyed since its happening a lot more, i have ran malwarebytes for viruses but there are none i...
  4. 100 cpu, memory and disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100 cpu, memory and disk usage.: This just randomly started happening. I scanned for viruses and can't find a fix. Help? submitted by /u/Not-Cynical [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7uoze/100_cpu_memory_and_disk_usage/
  5. CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU/Memory/Disk Usage at 100%: Whenever I run any program on my laptop, my disk usage, along with CPU and memory usage shoot up to 100%. Even without running any programs, task manager still shows them operating at around 60-70%. I have tried every other online solution with no success whatsoever....
  6. 100% Disk Usage / Memory Usage with barely anything running

100% Disk Usage / Memory Usage with barely anything running: Hi, I've had this issue on and off for a while now, but within the past few days it's been constantly there and nothing I do can seem to get rid of the issue. It started happening randomly while I was on my computer doing nothing different to normal. I thought it would go...
  7. Memory Usage 100%

Memory Usage 100%: Hi I am using Windows 10 Pro on Dell Lattitude pre-installed copy. The memory and CPU usage shooting upto 100% even none of the applications are running. Tried contacting support no response. Anyone here help in resolving the application? Thank You....
  8. Memory usage at 100%/Service Host

Memory usage at 100%/Service Host: After updating to the newest version of windows 10 (1903) I've been having issues with Service Host using up all of my ram. I've tried about every solution I could find online, and I'm at a loss....
  9. Windows 10 memory usage 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 memory usage 100%: Hi tenforums, I am currently running Windows 10 (OS Build 18362.295) and today after applying windows updates I noticed my memory usage hitting ~100% consistently whilst idle. I can't tell if this is related to the updates but I kinda suspect a faulty driver or something....
  10. Desktop icons take long time to load - 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons take long time to load - 100% disk usage: Hello everyone, This is a problem I've been having for months but only today did I get the idea to ask for help here. So as the title suggests the icons in my desktop take quite some time to load, particularly when I do a cold boot (after a restart for instance). It also...