Windows 10: Windows 10 local administrator deleted, can't log in

Discus and support Windows 10 local administrator deleted, can't log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; First of all I'm new here, i have been using Windows 10 for last 2 months and i had no issues with update but few days ago i had a problem with opening... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Muhammed ismail, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Windows 10 local administrator deleted, can't log in

First of all I'm new here, i have been using Windows 10 for last 2 months and i had no issues with update but few days ago i had a problem with opening applications . It says "App cannot open ,you're using inbuilt account sign in with Microsoft account " something like that so i googled about this problem and i have followed all steps but accidentally i deleted the local administrator and now I can't sign in into my pc , i know my password and pin code but it says "Your password was changed on a different device.You must sign in to this device once with your new password,and then you can sign in with your PIN " I don'know how to fix this , please help me and sorry for my bad english *Smile

:)

Muhammed ismail, Jan 17, 2016

2. Can't run any .exe files after latest Windows 10 update as a local user. exe files run if logged in as the local machine administrator.

I have two Windows 10 computers and both just performed the latest Windows 10 update. After the update completed, I can't run any .exe files on either unit when logged in using my local user administrator account.

Here are the steps taken so far.

Verified the local user account is set to be an administrator.

Deleted the local user account and recreated it.

Checked the registry when logged into the system as the administrator for the classes root settings for exe files and they are set correctly.

This seems to be a permissions issue however, the error that comes back states Windows cannot find 'C:\windows\xxx.exe' (regedit for example. Make sure the name is spelled correctly and try again. After seeing this error I checked the path statement to
    make sure c:\windows and c:\windows\system32 was included, which it was.

I am completely stumped as to why I have two systems that do exactly the same thing when logged in as a local user administrator but works correctly when logged in as the local system administrator.

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup**

David Leo Ward, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Jerry Arp Win User
    Windows 10 apps will not open

So I understand that if you're logged in as the local administrator that you can't use the Windows 10 apps. Problem is I'm logged in as a domain user and I'm getting the same error. Just to clarify, my domain user account is added as a local admin on my
    workstation. Is this what is causing this? All users are local administrators on their workstations and all users running Windows 10 are having this issue.

I also use Windows 10 with a domain account (different domain), and as before my domain account is added to the local machine as a local administrator. I do not have this problem. I'm confused :-/

Jerry Arp, Jan 17, 2016
  4. Windows 10 local administrator deleted, can't log in

Hi There

If your account is a local account stored on the Computer you can get and Pc company to reset the password for you with simple software.

if the account is a microsoft account then you can use the microsoft website to reset the password via email or Phone.

Hope This Helps

Jordyn Mitchell

JordynMitchell, Jan 17, 2016
  5. philc43 Win User
  6. Thanks for reply, What's that simple software?

Muhammed ismail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 local administrator deleted, can't log in

1. Windows 10 local administrator deleted, can't log in - Similar Threads - local administrator deleted

2. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10: Hey guys,Not sure why I did this but the other day, I ran netplwiz and switched to a local user profile. Ever since then, I can't run anything as administrator. It prompts me to login but there isn't any login options the only option is "No". I can't run netplwiz and switch...
  3. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10: Hey guys,Not sure why I did this but the other day, I ran netplwiz and switched to a local user profile. Ever since then, I can't run anything as administrator. It prompts me to login but there isn't any login options the only option is "No". I can't run netplwiz and switch...
  4. Can't log in as administrator on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Log Into the Local Account made on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Log Into the Local Account made on Windows 10: So, I just formatted my PC and got it back up to date, and got help from another person on this forum but he concluded I should get more help so here i am. My issue is: I want to create a local account since windows forced me to log in with a domain account when i...
  6. Delete a Local Log-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete a Local Log-in: I have a Windows 10 log-in, and for whatever reason, started creating a local log-in. How can I delete the local log-in mistake I made? My machine defaults to it at log-in, and I have to select the correct profile/log-in. So, I can get into the computer, but the fewer...
  7. Can't log in as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log in as administrator: Can't log in as administrator. No suggested remedies work because I only get a NO option in the Change User Account Settings dialog box and it keeps telling me to log in as an administrator but I don't seem to have an administrator account anymore....
  8. Deleting an Local Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleting an Local Administrator Account: Hello I have bluntly created an local administrator account, and when I have logged in with that new account I do see my original AC as an administrator and gives me an option to remove that ac..However When I login with the old account I do not see the newly created ac...! I...
  9. Can't log in as administrator

Can't log in as administrator: I did a clean install with FCU 1709. I am logged in as Local Account Administrator. When I try to log in with Microsoft Account, It says that a user on this PC already has a Microsoft Account with this E-Mail address. What am I doing wrong? I had this address before the clean...
  10. Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account

Windows 10 deleted my local administrator account: I run a pretty simple setup at home so the family don't have to call the IT Guy everytime the computer beeps. I have a computer name 'COMPUTER', I have a local computer account 'COMPUTER' and the account has a password 'COMPUTER'. Pretty simple and totally unsafe but the...