Windows 10: Windows 10 Local and Microsoft Cpasswords

Discus and support Windows 10 Local and Microsoft Cpasswords in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all I hope I find you well.*Biggrin I have set up windows 10 in a local account and i am trying to get into the 'Cloud'. To to close my local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Whyalla Pete, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Local and Microsoft Cpasswords

Hi all I hope I find you well.*Biggrin
    I have set up windows 10 in a local account and i am trying to get into the 'Cloud'.
    To to close my local account which I have forgotten (I usually write them down but!) and I only have a pin number to close the account down which you will know is not a possibility.
    When I try to change to the 'Cloud' I have a password but to remember the old password I had many, non of which,I can remember because of my age and confusing requests I am in a place on a hard rock.
    Is there any kind person that can assist to getting out of the mire?
    Thank you one and all for any help you will assist me. *Biggrin

:)

Whyalla Pete, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Rab Jack Win User

Windows 10 :: User Accounts (local and Microsoft)

I have forgot my password for my email account due to brain damage and memory loss I have tried the automated form but can't remember what I said in my emails and can't remember email addresses I have opened a new email account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
    but I really need to get my account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** back but I can't reset my password I hope you can help

Many thanks

Robert Jack

Rab Jack, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Windows 10 :: User Accounts (local and Microsoft)

I have an interesting variation to this. I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate, skipped the validation and did it later. My Windows 7 user was brought over as a Local Admin user and I did not have to use my MS Account id anywhere in this process. I have been
    using my pc in this way for over two weeks. Yesterday I decided to try to use the Mail application and created an account for one of my MS mail accounts. This morning I went to use the pc (it had not been rebooted) and it was running dreadfully slowly so I
    shut it down and rebooted. When it came on, the Local Admin user logon had been replaced by the MSA user and there was no option to log on as the original local admin user! Having logged on, I could find no trace of the original Local Admin user in Control
    Panel > User Accounts. My default folder for the "new" MS Account user is the same as the one used by the Local Admin User. However, when I run "Net user" in the Command window, I see that the Local Admin user still exists but has no default folder associated
    with it. I think that this is a really high-handed approach by MS to decide independently of the user that it is going to replace one user account with another. Surely I should be the one to decide which log-on account I want to use as default and whether
    or not I want another account. As I can see all my email accounts on my blackberry, I do not usually use an email application on a pc preferring to logon via the web into whichever account I need to use on the rare occasion I do not want to process my email
    via my phone. I now need to reinstate my Local Admin account, but I am not sure how as I want to use the same name as before, but the defalut folder for the MSA account appears to be using the original folder.

TheOneGuru, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Local and Microsoft Cpasswords

1. Windows 10 Local and Microsoft Cpasswords - Similar Threads - Local Microsoft Cpasswords

2. Windows 10 local / Microsoft account login and an Xbox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 local / Microsoft account login and an Xbox: The situation I thought I had was that my laptop was on a local account and my Xbox was set to use my Microsoft account. The laptop and Xbox had different passwords, the laptop an avatar I had uploaded and the Xbox one of the built in ones. So I thought I would change my...
  3. use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?: i rememebr it was a requirement to sign into my new pc with a microsoft account, so i made one, but i dont find a use for it and i saw one of my friends use a local account. i want to log out of my microsoft account on my pc and delete the account, i dont use any microsoft...
  4. local microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    local microsoft account: How do I know if my Microsoft account is local? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-microsoft-account/a0b88460-223e-41a7-8145-f0556d0922d8
  5. Sharing profiles for Windows 10 local and Microsoft accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sharing profiles for Windows 10 local and Microsoft accounts: First, I HATE the way Windows 10 requires a password for sign in because the default set up is with an MS account. Almost enough to make me want to finally switch to Mac. Almost. With that out of the way, ... In Win 7, I ran without a password a desktop that no one else...
  6. Local and Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local and Microsoft Account: First time using this and I normally can fix issues quite easily but this one has me stumped I have windows 10 and started with a local account using my Hotmail email address. Lets Call it the Neil local account. Later on in the year I then set up a Microsoft family...
  7. Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account

Windows 10 Microsoft Account replaced the local account: I've created a dummy email account for outlook but little did I know the microsoft email links to the Windows 10.Now I cannot reset my password + I don't know the password and I'm locket out of Windows 10. I've installed Windows 7 and I can access the win10 files.Is there a...
  8. Local and Microsoft account

Local and Microsoft account: Can you have a different name for the local and Microsoft account? 91688
  9. Installing Windows 10 without a Microsoft or Local Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 without a Microsoft or Local Account: I installed/upgraded to windows 10 for the first time. UGH!. I noticed when I was installing it got to a point asking if I wanted to install a Microsoft account for logging in. I didn't so I clicked the skip option. However, it next asked me to create a Local Account for...
  10. Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 You need a user account to use Windows, and if you share a single PC with other people, each person should have their own account. Each person can...