Windows 10: Windows 10 location service issue(Internet speeds killer!)

Discus and support Windows 10 location service issue(Internet speeds killer!) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 users! I have noticed that the Windows 10 location service has a MAJOR flaw!,it just annihilates internet download and upload... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GioXmen, Aug 18, 2015.

1. GioXmen Win User

Windows 10 location service issue(Internet speeds killer!)

Hello Windows 10 users!

I have noticed that the Windows 10 location service has a MAJOR flaw!,it just annihilates internet download and upload speeds!

Tested with Network Speed Test(Windows App store):

With Location service(from action center) turned off I have:
    Download: 65.36 Mbps
    Upload: 146.36 Mbps

With Location service(from action center) turned on I have:
    Download: 30.79 Mbps
    Upload: 43.31 Mbps

The app: Your request appears to be from an automated process

Tested with Speedtest.net(tested an hour later,explains the changes in numbers between apps):

With Location service(from action center) turned off I have:

Download: 43.27 Mbps
    Upload: 151.75 Mbps

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

With Location service(from action center) turned on I have:
    Download: 25.34 Mbps
    Upload: 82.76 Mbps

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

I have noticed while testing that rapid fluctuation took place when testing with the service turned on,when it was on the speeds were smooth,and did not change much.When the service was on it spiked up and down like crazy.

The Location service ruins my internet(and probably for you too),that is why you probably should turn it off.

:)

GioXmen, Aug 18, 2015
  2. cbm29212 Win User

Network Speed Test app's service unaveilable

I recently downloaded the Network Speed Test app under Windows 10 and for a few days it worked fine. Now I get the error message every time saying the service is unavailable. I have checked it at various times throughout the day and have run other speed
    checks that do work. It is not my service provider and I am using an Ethernet connection. I know download and upload speeds vary depending upon the traffic volume of the network and the server location. For me it is the service and not my internet connection.

cbm29212, Aug 18, 2015
  3. VicS2550 Win User
    Slow internet after W10 upgrade

Hi, I have been having problems with my internet connection since my upgrade to Windows 10. My internet connection speed is around 23-25mg/s, with Windows 8.1 and all my other devices. Since upgrade my laptop will go from aforementioned speed to a
    dead stop, randomly. If I click a page sometimes it will load with little delay, sometimes half the page will load then stop, and sometimes nothing will happen. Also watching a download (ex. Steam) the speed will ramp from ~3.6mg/s (normal full speed) to
    ~10 bits, then zero. This fluctuation is complacently random and is not experienced on any other devices on the network.

I have tried wired vs wireless, reinstall network adapter drivers, reset modem, install all updates, reinstall Windows 10, try different internet applications. The only way I have found to resolve this problem is to downgrade to Windows 8.1, then all
    internet problems cease.

My system specs: Alienware 17 R2, i7 4980hq, 16gb RAM, Nvidia gtx 980m, Killer wireless n/a/ac 1525 Wireless network adapter, Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet controller. If you need any other specs please let me know.

Thank you for your help. Vic.

VicS2550, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 location service issue(Internet speeds killer!)

1. Windows 10 location service issue(Internet speeds killer!) - Similar Threads - location service issue

2. Slow internet speed issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet speed issue: Hello Friends, First of all i want to tell you that i am not a pro user of computer Window10 and just started learning it myself. I have been having internet speed issue for a long time and could not fix it yet. I am using ethernet with speed of 100mbps. Most of the time i am...
  3. Slow internet speed issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet speed issue: Hello Friends, First of all i want to tell you that i am not a pro user of computer Window10 and just started learning it myself. I have been having internet speed issue for a long time and could not fix it yet. I am using ethernet with speed of 100mbps. Most of the time i am...
  4. Slow internet speed issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Killer Network Service 16

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Killer Network Service 16: - <xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event "> - <> <='" /> <="0"=16=lt/ID> <+0= lt;/> <=2= lt;/> <=2= lt;/> <>0=/> <=0x80000000000000=lt;/> <="2021-03-20T063232.7713142Z" /> < ID=10966=lt;/ID > < /> <="0"="0 " /> <gt;>...
  6. Internet Speed Issue

Internet Speed Issue: Hello Everyone, From the past few months, I am facing Internet speed drop issue. Already changed my router, still no luck. One thing that I have noticed is when I disconnect my laptop from wifi and then re-connect speed becomes good. So, is there any issue with my laptop?...
  7. Issue with Internet Service on Windows

Issue with Internet Service on Windows: Need to teach the Windows Technical Support team https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-internet-service-on-windows/20e18806-b32f-4441-abc1-f15fd537cb46
  8. Windows 10 internet speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 internet speed: Hi, I'm curious as to why my internet speed on my computer via ethernet cable is slower then my wifi connection on my phone. I've heard rumours of windows 10 taking up bandwith etc, wasnt sure wether this was the reason and if anyone else has the same problem. Wifi speedtest...
  9. Internet Speed Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet Speed Issues: I am running Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.418. My issue with my WiFi is that whenever i am plugged in and charging, the speed of my internet caps to around 20 mbps but when i am not plugged in, it is normal of around 50 mbps. I am connected on the 5ghz band wifi...
  10. Windows 10 Version 1903 Location Services Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Version 1903 Location Services Issues: Had anyone had any issues with location services not updating after the update to Version 1903? We have an application that is supposed to track your location as you are moving, but will only update when forced to refresh. It worked properly on the prior release of Windows...