Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock Icon

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock Icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having issues being able to paste files into a folder that has a lock icon on it. I am not the owner of the folder, my boss is. I am using Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wsquality1, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Lock Icon

I am having issues being able to paste files into a folder that has a lock icon on it. I am not the owner of the folder, my boss is. I am using Windows Pro 10 and my boss is using Windows 8.1. I can open files contained within the folder but cannot paste files into the folder. I have opened properties and gone to the security tab and I am listed within the Group or user names list and my permissions are all at allow. Any suggestions?

:)

wsquality1, Aug 28, 2017

2. capslock/numlock onscreen indicator on window 10

I have Haier laptop with updated window 10. after update to window 10 there is no indicator icon showing on the screen, when I press caps lock or numb lock. how do I enable this function again ? before it shows a lock icon on the screen.

MananSaeed, Aug 28, 2017
  3. r057 Win User
    Desktop icon lock/unlock???

This desktop lock feature is very good (Windows 10)

However, is it really effective?

1/

did re-position a desktop icon after doing the "lock" set..

Restart the computer.

the icon does not revert to the saved "lock" position

2/

another occasion after "lock" set

Windows found some error and did a restart

all the desktop icons reverted to a jumble

Thema:

Windows 10 Lock Icon

1. Windows 10 Lock Icon - Similar Threads - Lock Icon

2. All new files on drive C have gold lock icon

in Windows 10 Support
    All new files on drive C have gold lock icon: I've been running this new Windows 10 PC for over a month, but somehow in the last day or two I've noticed that every new file I create on drive C has a gold lock icon on it. It doesn't seem to affect what I can do with the file(s), but is a bit annoying. I don't know how...
  3. ENC icon on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    ENC icon on lock screen: The ENC icon appeared on my laptop. I figured out how to hide it on my taskbar, but it's still appearing on the lock screen. How can it be hidden there also? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enc-icon-on-lock-screen/833d0a03-c3a1-470e-8e8a-7a8391e0fb6e
  4. Touch Keyboad doesn't work when I press on touch keyboard Icon and lock up computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch Keyboad doesn't work when I press on touch keyboard Icon and lock up computer: When I try to use the touch keyboard icon on the task bar nothing comes up and it locks up my computers cursor. I have to hit the windows key to unlock the cursor. I cant post any emotes in Outlook mail or any where else. I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1809. I tried...
  5. Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen

Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen: I want to get a Magnifying glass symbol on the lock screen Thank you! Sulkiflii R. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-magnifying-glass-icon-on-lock-screen/e4515370-4798-4da0-8287-f638c2c61588
  6. How to lock desktop icons?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to lock desktop icons?: I work in the educational institution and we have 30 computers in the network. I am trying to find a way to lock the icons on the desktops so that my students won’t be able to move them. I am aware of Auto Arrange and Align Icons to Grid but don’t think they are suitable for...
  7. Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10: Can we change the internet name on the Windows 10 lock screen? I visited many places but could not find a solution. Is there any regedit setting that we can make this setting? on the lock screen, we can hide/delete things such as ease of access, section of power buttons,...
  8. Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10: Can we change the internet name on the Windows 10 lock screen? I visited many places but could not find a solution. Is there any regedit setting that we can make this setting? on the lock screen, we can hide/delete things such as ease of access, section of power buttons,...
  9. How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10

How to lock icons in desktop in WIN10: I want to lock the icons in my desktop so that other users can't add or remove icons. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-lock-icons-in-desktop-in-win10/aa1c15f1-0191-4ff0-a168-f4b58b2ce482
  10. What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best program to lock (freeze) all the icons on my desktop?: Hi all - This is especially infuriating after updating/changing graphics drivers. Does anyone know of a nice, small program that can lock the desktop in place so nothing gets scrambled? TIA! :) 119926