Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock Screen Background Doesn't Show Up (stays theme color)

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock Screen Background Doesn't Show Up (stays theme color) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just installed Windows 10 on my primary laptop and the lock screen is a solid blue (if I change my theme color, the lock screen changes too). However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mt xing, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mt xing Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen Background Doesn't Show Up (stays theme color)

Just installed Windows 10 on my primary laptop and the lock screen is a solid blue (if I change my theme color, the lock screen changes too). However, I have Windows Spotlight turned on. I've tried setting a static picture or slideshow as the background. I also confirmed that the files needed for Windows Spotlight are indeed downloaded onto my computer. It just refuses to change.

It's worth noting that on my secondary computer with Windows Insider builds, I have, and have been having, the same problem. Any ideas as to how to fix it?

My lock screen (apparently you can't screenshot the lock screen):

Windows 10 Lock Screen Background Doesn't Show Up (stays theme color) [​IMG]

My settings app:

The folder where Windows Spotlight stores images:

:)

mt xing, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 Lock Screen

After installing windows 10 build number 14393, my laptop stopped showing lock screen background. Now it just shows blue background. (i.e theme color.) How to get rid of this? Please help me in this regard.

THRINADH MARUKONDA, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Lumia 640 xl background and theme issues

Alright so I bought a Lumina 640 xl because I've been wanting that phone for awhile, once I got it, I tried to customize it and make it my unique phone, but whenever I change the background and theme nothing happens. The lock screen stays white/black and
    only shows the time and date. The only thing I can change is the color of the background from "light" to "dark", the accent color does not change at all and I can't set up a picture as my background or lock screen. Is there a way to fix this? Has anyone had
    this problem? Any feed back would be great.

1stRodrigoAguirre, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen Background Doesn't Show Up (stays theme color)

And blue is the accent color for that theme, correct?

After installing Windows 10 on my laptop my lock screen is experiencing the same problem as you, as well as in the desktop. In the desktop I found out that if I set a specific picture or slideshow and set the taskbar to detect color, the taskbar will switch colors to match the picture(s) as if they were displaying, but the pictures themselves don't actually appear on either the desktop or lockscreen.

If we are having an identical problem, that would mean that the pictures are still displaying, but the accent colors are taking priority over them, in a sense.

SugarStrawbs, Aug 1, 2015
  5. I have the same issue - disabling Control+Alt+Delete makes the picture show

With it enabled, no picture appears - bug?

garydexter, Aug 2, 2015
  6. mt xing Win User
    I did some more testing. It does appear that enabling Windows Secure Logon is what causes the lock screen to blank out. This did not happen in Windows 8.1. I can't tell if this is an intentional feature or a bug, but it's annoying, because I'd really like to keep Secure Logon enabled. Anyone know anything about this?

mt xing, Aug 3, 2015
  7. garydexter, Aug 3, 2015
  8. mt xing Win User

mt xing, Aug 3, 2015
  9. mt xing Win User
    And... the new August 5th "Cumulative Update for Windows 10" (KB3081424) seems to have fixed this problem.

mt xing, Aug 5, 2015
  10. JulianH Win User
    I regret to say it but KB3081424 actually seems to have caused the problem!

Before the update the login screen showed the selected picture but now it shows in the settings as my image but I can't make it actually show on login.

I, along with many others, use Ctrl-Alt-Del for security on login. Why has Microsoft decided that they know better than users what to display on the login screen??

JulianH, Aug 8, 2015
  11. Getting the issue as well where the default stock lock screen image shows, not the one I select in Settings - also none of the app notifications show still..

garydexter, Aug 17, 2015
  12. mt xing Win User
    Yeah, after further testing, I'm also getting a similar problem where the lock screen background never changes (Windows Spotlight is supposed to), and notifications don't show up. Still no solution...

mt xing, Sep 5, 2015
  13. arana Win User

I had this problem in my desktop , my laptop was working fine, the solution for me was to select a background picture, instead of slideshow, and turn off the automatic color accents, I didnt know which one of these fixed it , but after trying many things it's working now I don't want to mess with it any more lol.
    at first I had slideshow as desktop "background" (wallpaper), and setting spotlight as lock screen wouldn't work, after messing around i got it to work somehow, seems like it was either one or the other for me, but I noticed that if I selected SPOTLIGHT first, and after that set the background to slideshow, both work fine, but if I had desktop slideshow set prior to lockscreen spotlight then spotlight wouldn't show. So I had to 1) disable both , 2) then select single picture as desktop background, 3) then enable spotlight on lock screen, lock the screen just to see it was fine (dont know if by locking the screen something was written to registry or not), 4) then re-enable the slideshow for desktop background, that way both worked for me.
    Also I had to turn on the "Show Windows background picture on the sign-in screen" switch.

So somehow if I had slideshow set first then there was no way for my pc to show the lock spotlight, spotlight had to be there first.

arana, Jun 20, 2016
  14. dhaynes8 Win User
    change power options to normal start (remove checkmark from Fast Start); Change background from Windows Spotlight to Slideshow; shutdown completely; reboot; change background back to Windows Spotlight; shutdown completely again; reboot and Windows Spotlight should work again on lock screen background; I haven't tried changing back to Fast Start yet, so not sure if this will work with Fast Start;

dhaynes8, Aug 10, 2016
  15. mmortal03 Win User
    Where is that setting? I'm having a similar problem where spotlight works and will change the background of the sign-in screen, but if I select my own picture, the sign-in screen instead is set to one of the those default rock formation backgrounds, specifically the cave on the beach one. If I choose the Show Ctrl-Alt-Del option, however, my picture will show on the sign-in screen after locking the computer and then hitting Ctrl-Alt-Del. Really weird. Also, the Switch User screen will sometimes respect the image that I choose, but the Sign-in screen itself will not, unless Show Ctrl-Alt-Del is enabled.

mmortal03, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen Background Doesn't Show Up (stays theme color) - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Background

2. The update screen stays loading and doesn't show up anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The update screen stays loading and doesn't show up anything: Hello I have windows 10 Education: from when I was studying a few years from that now idk if that affects the account or something cause I'm no longer a student idk that's why I'm mentioning it I really never payed too much attention to the Update function cause everything...
  3. The update screen stays loading and doesn't show up anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The update screen stays loading and doesn't show up anything: Hello I have windows 10 Education: from when I was studying a few years from that now idk if that affects the account or something cause I'm no longer a student idk that's why I'm mentioning it I really never payed too much attention to the Update function cause everything...
  4. Display background, color, and theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display background, color, and theme: How to save my background settings across a shutdown and restart?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-background-color-and-theme/274f520b-92ed-4cba-861c-ddbd3ceeff91
  5. Display background, color, and theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display background, color, and theme: How to save my background settings across a shutdown and restart?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-background-color-and-theme/274f520b-92ed-4cba-861c-ddbd3ceeff91
  6. Background theme doesn't display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background theme doesn't display: Hi there. I recently decided to change my background theme. After selecting it did not appear on my desktop in either light or dark mode. I restarted and still no picture. All I have is a black background on dark mode and a white background on light mode. I have tried...
  7. Windows Spotlight Lock Screen displays as theme color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Lock Screen displays as theme color: [ATTACH] Windows Spotlight will not display. This is my theme color...that's all that shows up on my account, other accounts are normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-displays-as-theme/dc3b2127-d8d8-4324-ab32-8c8e0eb99b1b
  8. Windows spotlight is displaying theme color on the lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows spotlight is displaying theme color on the lock screen.: When I use windows spotlight as my lock screen, it shows only theme color as my lock screen which is blue, but at preview for spotlight it shows that wallpaper and when i set a normal picture as my lock screen, everything happens as expected. I want to use windows spotlight....
  9. Windows spotlight is showing theme color on the lock screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows spotlight is showing theme color on the lock screen.: When I use windows spotlight as my lock screen, it shows only theme color as my lock screen which is blue, but at preview for spotlight it shows that wallpaper and when i set a normal picture as my lock screen, everything happens as expected. I want to use windows spotlight....
  10. Windows 10 Lock Screen Doesn't Show Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Doesn't Show Up: Hi all, I just upgraded my computer to Windows 10 from Windows 8. With Windows 8, my laptop would display a lock screen everytime I turn the computer on, whether it was from sleep or from being shut down. However, immediately after upgrading, my laptop began to skip the...