Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning. I've located the Windows Lock Screen images, copied them to a Pictures photo and tried renaming them with a jpeg/png extension. But 8 out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DrNick31522, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png

Good morning. I've located the Windows Lock Screen images, copied them to a Pictures photo and tried renaming them with a jpeg/png extension. But 8 out of the first 10 have an error when I try to open them in irfanview . . . . Should I assume that these aren't Lock Screen images and move on??? *Huh TY !!!!!!!!!!

:)

DrNick31522, Dec 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 Lock Screen Image Changes to Default Image

I have windows 10 on a ASUS T100, and some time after choosing a saved jpeg image for my lock screen, it reverts back to one of the saved default images. My lock screen setting is set to be image only. Any thoughts as to why this is happening?

DavidHGBlack, Dec 18, 2017
  3. HDVIDTech Win User
    Make Windows 10 work with PNG files like a Mac

I have people sending me PNG files during the day and with windows I constantly have to save the files as a picture and choose JPEG, then I can email them or do anything I need to and then delete the JPEG file when I am done. I just want to be able to
    work with PNG files like I can do on my Mac. Is there a 3rd party application that will give windows this functionality? I have Tried Infraview but it just lets me view, not use the PNG like I would a JPEG. This appears to be3 an OS related issue. Oddly
    enough the computer save images off the web as PNG but then you have to convert it to JPEG. If the PC could just work with PNG images, problem solved.

HDVIDTech, Dec 18, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png

essenbe, Dec 18, 2017
  5. Hi,
    I believe they are .bmp or .tif images.

ThrashZone, Dec 18, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Just dirt dumb no extension files.

Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png [​IMG]

Gotta do that ren * *.jpg , like in the tut.

f14tomcat, Dec 18, 2017
  7. Yup and ifanView is really only good with .Gif images

Josey Wales, Dec 18, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

I rename them all to *.jpg and use the old Windows Photo Viewer - never found one it can't open yet.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

9. I do as well, my statement was about the use of ifanView it can bed used to open any image but is mostly used for .gif images and not .jpg. I use the old windows photo viewer as well.

Josey Wales, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen Images: Saving as jpeg/png - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Images

2. JPEG images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JPEG images: how do I select images out of a group and put into a separate file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-images/6197aeec-e50e-4827-b517-ad338449bd40
  3. Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 saving .jpeg image as a '.jfif': I found guides to fix online and here (https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/af0azy/windows_10_had_been_saving_nearly_every_image_as/ except I have no HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\ directory in registry. Please help. I use a bit of old software and worried it not accepting...
  4. Can I save screen clipper copied winodws at JPEG instead of PNG by any chance?

Can I save screen clipper copied winodws at JPEG instead of PNG by any chance?: Adding many screenshots to my flaschards program, but I want to save screen clips of the textbook as JPG to reduce amount of memory the deck uses up. Snipper is only copying and letting me paste as png. Windows + PrntScrn saves it into my screenshots default as PNG. If I...
  5. About saving lock screen image of spotlight

in Windows 10 Customization
    About saving lock screen image of spotlight: I like my windows 10 lock screen wallpaper very much. So.i want to save the background image of windows spotlight as image format. So how i do this...
  6. I can't save images as png, jpeg, gif, etc, just all files or "Sketchbook Jpeg"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't save images as png, jpeg, gif, etc, just all files or "Sketchbook Jpeg": I can't figure out how this happened, but as of lately when I've been trying to save images from the internet I'm only give two options and not several as how I want to save an imagine, those two options being "Sketchbook Jpeg Image File" or "All Files". I'm sure this is...
  7. Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default?

Is it possible to save all images as .PNG by default?: If I see a .jpg and want to save it as a .png, I have to change the "save as type" drop-down from .jpg, to "All Files" and then manually add ".png" to the end of the image. Is there a way to change this to save all images as .png by default? If there's not a way to achieve...
  8. jpeg instead of png format

in Windows 10 Customization
    jpeg instead of png format: I'm using Windows 10 Home on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I take snapshots they download as PNG formt which cannot open. How do I get it in a JPEG format without taking a pic of it with Paint?...
  9. Why do images save as JPEG intead of JPG or PNG, and then resize it to 12 times smaller...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do images save as JPEG intead of JPG or PNG, and then resize it to 12 times smaller...: I am a windows 10 user and I was trying to get wallpapers, then they started saving as .jpeg (i have never seen that), then start shrinking it for no reason!...
  10. Chaging a PNG format to a JPEG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chaging a PNG format to a JPEG: Am having trouble using Paint 3D in Windows 10 on my computer to change a PNG photo format to a JPEG. It will only save in a 2D JPEG format and the website I am using to upload a Photo to use on my 2019 Personal Diary will not recognise the format. When I have searched as to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock screen jpeg png