Windows 10: Windows 10 Lock Screen is stuck, will not accept new images either!

Discus and support Windows 10 Lock Screen is stuck, will not accept new images either! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ran into this problem about 2 months ago, wherein my windows 10 install simply will not allow me to customize my lock screen. Anyone know what I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by drsulfurious, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen is stuck, will not accept new images either!

Ran into this problem about 2 months ago, wherein my windows 10 install simply will not allow me to customize my lock screen.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanks!

:)

drsulfurious, Oct 29, 2016

2. How do I change the default lock screen image?

I know how to change the lock screen background that shows up when I press Win+L and I am still logged in. But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to change the lock screen background that shows up when I first boot up or sign
    out. It's stuck as someones random Minecraft screenshot.

I have tried this, and it didn't work:

How to change default lock screen image in Windows 10

I also tried forcing the lock screen image in the group policy editor of the local machine, and that did not work either.

Anyone have any ideas?

tannerkrewson, Oct 29, 2016
  3. Reginmund Win User
    Can I eliminate or change the Windows 10 lock screen "hero" image?

Hello.

I'm wondering if its possible to either remove my username image from the Windows 10 lock screen, or change the Windows 10 lock screen "hero"/logo Wallpaper image, that sits to the right of my username sign in image on the lock screen. I mean the actual
    lock screen, where you type in a password under your email address. I don't actually want to have an image of myself or an avatar on the lock screen, that looks like its being sucked into the Windows 10 image, or blown back by it. I have the option to change
    what they call the lock screen, but that is simply a preliminary screen that retracts when you click on or flip it up. The real lock screen is under that. Can anyone help me eliminate or customize that 2nd, actual lock screen?

Reginmund, Oct 29, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Windows 10 Lock Screen is stuck, will not accept new images either!

Welcome to the Forum.
    Have you opened Settings, Personalisation, clicked on Lock screen to view the various options including Background?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Windows 10 Lock Screen is stuck, will not accept new images either! [​IMG]

dencal, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Lock Screen is stuck, will not accept new images either!

1. Windows 10 Lock Screen is stuck, will not accept new images either! - Similar Threads - Lock Screen stuck

2. Screen brightness is stuck at either zero or maximum on new screen on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness is stuck at either zero or maximum on new screen on windows 10.: I got a new screen installed in my hp laptop and I have windows 10 installed on it. Now my screen brightness is stuck at either zero or maximum. Laptop has also one linux distro installed in which brightness is working fine. Issue is only on windows. I have tried one solution...
  3. Screen brightness is stuck at either zero or maximum on new screen on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen brightness is stuck at either zero or maximum on new screen on windows 10.: I got a new screen installed in my hp laptop and I have windows 10 installed on it. Now my screen brightness is stuck at either zero or maximum. Laptop has also one linux distro installed in which brightness is working fine. Issue is only on windows. I have tried one solution...
  4. Screen brightness is stuck at either zero or maximum on new screen on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't log in - stuck on lock screen image.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in - stuck on lock screen image.: When my PC loads there is nowhere to input my password. It is just the background image, there are no other buttons etc. on the screen. If I try to click or press any keys the image fades out for a second then comes back and nothing changes.I...
  6. Lock screen image stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen image stuck: hello, I have one PC stuck with the mountains lock screen image and another one with a nicer but still stuck image with the "thanks for sending us feedback" caption, usually there's do you like yes or not. Is it a problem on MS end this time? I tried the reset steps so many...
  7. Lock screen image stuck

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen image stuck: hello, I have one PC stuck with the mountains lock screen image and another one with a nicer but still stuck image with the "thanks for sending us feedback" caption, usually there's do you like yes or not. Is it a problem on MS end this time? I tried the reset steps so many...
  8. Windows lock screen stuck on one image.

Windows lock screen stuck on one image.: First of all, my Spotlight never worked no matter what, but I managed to live with that. But now my lock screen is stuck on one image no matter what I do, what image I change, if I put it in slideshow or anything. Whatever I do to change the picture it always stays the same....
  9. Lock Screen Image Stuck

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Image Stuck: When I change my lock screen picture and sign out or shutdown my pc, it doesn't change and shows the windows spotlight default picture, and also when I use the windows spotlight feature the picture does not change and shows the default picture of windows spotlight...
  10. Lock Screen Stuck On Same Image

Lock Screen Stuck On Same Image: I see this coming up a lot with very creative solutions. I would add one to the mix. When i would open lock screen options, the latest image would be up in picture mode. Changing picture to Windows Spotlight would stay in picture mode. Changing it twice it would look like...