Windows 10: windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change

Discus and support windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have saved the batch file to another location and added the code you supplied above. Thanks again. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by caffeine, Apr 5, 2018.

1. caffeine Win User

windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change

I have saved the batch file to another location and added the code you supplied above. Thanks again.

caffeine, Apr 5, 2018
  2. caffeine Win User

My lock screen persists with the view through a rock formation into a beach scene. I have tried fixes found:
    here at this forun
    at Microsoft foruns
    at bleepingcomputer forums
    at howtogeek forums

After multiple restarts, there is no change. Running sfc /scannow finds no problems. My default browser is Firefox which has not been a problem previously.

Are there any other fixes which I have not found?

Thanks for your replies.

:)

caffeine, Apr 15, 2018
  3. Want Penguins on Windows 10 Welcome Screen.

As you said penguins,high chances that your PC is set to windows spotlight that takes lock screen images from bing.If it exists in your PC,This should help:

How to Find Windows Spotlight Lock Screen Images in Windows 10

then change the lock screen image to static picture only from Settings>Personalization>Lock screen

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 15, 2018
  4. windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change

How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Apr 15, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    I presume you have set Spotlight as your lock screen, and probably also set the option to show the lock screen picture on the sign in screen.

If so, and the picture still doesn't change then Spotlight may be broken. It does seem to be a bit 'fragile'. Usually resetting Spotlight fixes this. See this tutorial...

Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

Be patient, it can take some minutes for Spotlight to become fully operational after a reset.

6. caffeine Win User
    Thanks, Bree. My initial attempt failed. I had to go back and restore files in the recycle bin which were deleted in an earlier failed fix.

I assume I need to delete the batch file now that spotlight now is working again. Is that correct?

EDIT: correct punctuation

caffeine, Apr 15, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    No, not necessary to delete it. In fact, I keep a copy handy on my desktop for the next time Spotlight breaks (I did say it seems 'fragile').

You may want to add these two commands at the beginning of the batch file though, just in case you accidentally click on it. It gives you the chance to cancel an unintentional reset.

@choice /m "Reset Windows Spotlight?"
    @if errorlevel==2 goto eof

Thema:

windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change

1. windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change - Similar Threads - lock screen spotlight

2. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  3. Spotlight Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight Lock Screen: Hi everybody, I know we can't personalize the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen. It would be better if we could at least choose a preferred theme. I like these landscapes, however, if I had a choice, I would prefer painting.Thanks....
  4. Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight: Hi, Anyone else got the problem with the lock screen stuck on one image. I have tried changing it to Windows Spotlight, which is an option in the dropdown list, but then as soon as I navigate away from the Lock Screen settings page, it reverts to a lock screen picture, and...
  5. Lock Screen - Windows Spotlight

Lock Screen - Windows Spotlight: I have been getting the Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures, which are beautiful and interesting, until recently. In lock screen settings I have set it to Windows Spotlight, but I am not getting them anymore. What happened? How can I continue to get the lock screen...
  6. Windows 10 Spotlight Lock Screen

Windows 10 Spotlight Lock Screen: I enjoy the Spotlight Lock screens that appear during boot up of my PC. I have noticed that none of the extra metadata - location where picture taken, travel opportunities, etc, is presented when the image first displays, but is added later during the boot up. On rare...
  7. Lock Screen and Windows Spotlight

Lock Screen and Windows Spotlight: After August update to Windows 10-1903 the pictures on the lock screen are blurred. It happens if I use Windows Spotlight or picture. Everything is fine once I get to my desktop....
  8. Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen

Windows 10 Spotlight Image and Slideshow will not change in Lock Screen: The Windows Spotlight and Slideshow features will not work in Windows 10. All group policies are set to allow these features. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spotlight-image-and-slideshow-will-not/810e2f5d-c652-4d9c-9ecf-22925f2c2693
  9. Windows Spotlight/Lock screen

Windows Spotlight/Lock screen: Got two Win 10 Pro x64 systems in full time use, a laptop and a desktop. On the desktop the Lock screen is working as it should in default config - a new high def picture every few days, some of them quite beautiful. However on the laptop the picture never changes. I've...
  10. Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.

Lock Screen Does Not Change To Windows Spotlight.: Hey guys, I'm new here but i'm also on the Windows 7 and Windows 8 forums too. Anyways, i got a new laptop and installed the Facebook app from the Windows Store and it asked me if i wanted to sync my Facebook profile picture and cover photo as the user photo and lock...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lock screen doesnt appear in 1903