Windows 10: windows 10 locked in safe mode

Discus and support windows 10 locked in safe mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows 10 would not do system restore said to try in safe mode once I switched to safe mode it asked for password it did not accept pin that i had... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidFannon, Aug 8, 2018.

1. windows 10 locked in safe mode

windows 10 would not do system restore said to try in safe mode

once I switched to safe mode it asked for password it did not accept pin that i had been using nor my hotmail password

is there any way to get out of safe mode without having to have system wiped clean

cannot use any windows comands because it will not sign me in to where i could do anything

:)

DavidFannon, Aug 8, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Aug 8, 2018
  4. windows 10 locked in safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 locked in safe mode

1. windows 10 locked in safe mode - Similar Threads - locked safe mode

2. Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out in safe mode: I tried to reboot in safe mode, and now I can't get past the login screen. PIN and password don't work. Shift=> Restart =>Troubleshoot=>Advanced=>Startup=> has a list of options and another restart button. This button restarts back to the login screen. Anyone know how to get...
  3. Locked out by safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out by safe mode: Hi everyone - really hoping someone can help! I'm not massively technically proficient, so I'm hoping that someone has a solution.To cut a long story short, I had to restart my computer in safe mode. I didn't realise it, but this disabled my wifi connection and it started...
  4. Locked in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked in safe mode: Im locked out of my pc and im in safemode ive tried reseting my password but wont accept new password or any password i rememeber I’ve done the shift reset but cant access comand promt as thats locked too I’ve tried hard shut down 3 times to get in that way but aslo locked...
  5. Locked out in windows 10 safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out in windows 10 safe mode: I have changed my windows 10 laptop back to safe mode but now it will not let me log in with my normal 4 character pin. So effectively I am locked out...please help asap...I don't know what to do! Thanks, Allan...
  6. Windows 10 locked in safe mode

Windows 10 locked in safe mode: Help, is there a CMD to get out of safe mode. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-locked-in-safe-mode/0cdc5bd5-d553-4acf-bb94-6defc8f05926
  7. Windows 10 locked in safe mode

Windows 10 locked in safe mode: I'm stuck in safe mode. I went to safe mode to try to get back into my computer, someone has changed my windows login, was hoping find a way to get back in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-locked-in-safe-mode/6aa1a6aa-7a30-400e-ab59-6e800e299116
  8. Locked in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked in Safe Mode: Ok im really lost.. I went into BIO for my computer to boot up in safe mode. It booted up in safe mode and was stange to me asked me for my password, so i put the 4 digits in there that i use to sign on.. Apparently it wants the original password which i have no clue what it...
  9. Locked in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked in Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to delete the files in "Old Windows". I don't know what I did but now I am locked in safe mode. I even used Macrium Reflect and restored my windows. That did not cure the problem. I am still locked in safe mode. Normally I would normally type "msconfig"...
  10. Locked out in safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out in safe mode: I recently downloaded an app that had a Trojan attached to it. It immediately started taking over so I went to msconfig and chose to start in safe mode, to try and get rid of it. When it restarted in safe mode it asked for the password. When I set up 10 from the upgrade I...