Windows 10: Windows 10 Login Disconnects Mouse and Keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 Login Disconnects Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've been looking for answers to this issue for hours now and trying all the options that I've seen. I started having a problem today where my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WAH, Mar 5, 2018.

1. WAH
    WAH Win User

Windows 10 Login Disconnects Mouse and Keyboard

Hi, I've been looking for answers to this issue for hours now and trying all the options that I've seen. I started having a problem today where my mouse and keyboard will stop working right when it gets to the welcome screen of windows 10. The screen is the welcome screen before the login appears. The page only shows date/time and bottom right shows connection. The keyboard and mouse have their lights on up until it hits this screen. I have started from the system beginning and F12 to setup bootup menu. There the mouse and keyboard work just fine. I tried safe mode through usb windows 10 bootup, but the safe mode has same issue where mouse and keyboard stop functioning. I tried system repair but it says nothing to repair, i tried some prompt commands for repair but doesn't seem to work. I tried to system restore to previous session but last known session is from a few hours ago when this started happening. Looking to see what else I can do. I would like to at least back up some files first if I have to reinstall Windows. Appreciate the help.

:)

2. Phil_55 Win User

screen saver

I had this problem in Windows 7, and it continues in Windows 10. I've tried disconnecting my Microsoft wireless mouse and keyboard, and uninstalling the the drivers. I disconnected everything plugged into a usb port except a wired keyboard and mouse. Nothing
    helps, except booting in safe mode; then the screen saver works.

Phil_55, Mar 5, 2018
  3. JJnSK Win User
    USB Mouse and Keyboard stop working

Neither my mouse nor my keyboard are working at the Windows 10 Login Screen. I've had Windows 10 installed for months and been using the computer every day with no problems with the mouse or keyboard. Then today I booted up the computer and it's stuck
    at the Login Screen with no response from the mouse or keyboard. I have unplugged both the mouse and keyboard and installed them in another computer and they work fine. I have rebooted without them installed and then plugged them in once the Login Screen
    appears and Windows recognizes the new hardware and says the drivers are installed, but they still don't work. I have plugged them into different USB ports on the desktop and they still don't work. I have tried rebooting and pressing F4, F8 and F11 (actually
    I've done this several times and pressed a different F-key each time, but it still just boots up to the Login Screen) and won't take me to the Safe Mode option.

What else am I missing?

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in

Original title: Windows 10 Login Screen - Mouse and Keyboard not working

JJnSK, Mar 5, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals. Look for Legacy USB, if this is disabled, using your Arrow and Enter key, Enable it.

spunk, Mar 5, 2018
  5. WAH
    WAH Win User
    The Legacy USB is still enabled.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Login Disconnects Mouse and Keyboard - Similar Threads - Login Disconnects Mouse

2. mouse and keyboard disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard disconnects randomly: So i have a razer deathadder v2 as my mouse and a redragon keyboard. both of them started disconnecting randomly when playing games like a few days ago and its happening every minute or so. they are not wireless. and i noticed that this is sometimes happening with sudden...
  3. Keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect.

Keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect.: Both my keyboard and mouse will randomly disconnect from my PC for 1-5 seconds, after that time has passed, they will reconnect. They both disconnect at the exact same time, but sometimes, only the mouse will disconnect. This behavior has never happened with the keyboard. I...
  4. Keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting

Keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting: Hello.Ever since sometime late December, I've been having difficulties with my mouse and keyboard sporadically disconnecting and reconnecting for very brief intervals when I'm playing video games on my desktop PC, but strangely not when I'm just browsing the web. I'm not sure...
  5. keyboard and mouse disconnecting issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse disconnecting issues: ok so basically around a year ago my keyboard and mouse randomly starting pausing then would freeze for a while after. the rgb colouring would still show and i could change the dpi on my mouse but i couldnt use them as it was frozen in place. if i changed the ports from the...
  6. Keyboard and mouse disconnects

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and mouse disconnects: I am using windows 10 installed 1 month before and my keyboard and mouse disconnects while working and then I uninstalled driver and turned off power saving mode and restored windows still the problem dosent solve I tried everything but still not working even uninstalled...
  7. Mouse keyboard disconnecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse keyboard disconnecting: Mouse Keyboard Headset. My mouse Keyboard and Headset keep disconnecting bout once every 2-8 mins. I play alot of video games on it the main one is Rainbow six seige. Ive researched on this and nothing helped. My mouse dissconnects just for a moment too every 2 -5 seconds....
  8. keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting/reconnecting/disconnecting Windows 10 2020

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard and mouse keep disconnecting/reconnecting/disconnecting Windows 10 2020: Hello, I'm having a problem where my Keyboard and Mouse will stop working in their current USB port. If I plug them into another port they will work for a while then stop working in that port as well. I can plug other devices into the port USB Stick and they will work just...
  9. Keyboard and mouse not working at login windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working at login windows 10: My cousin gave me his PC to have a look at why his mouse and keyboard stopped working at the login screen, so I have tried everything that has been suggested the only problem is I'm asked for some key when trying to do anything? I'm assuming it's something to do with...
  10. Windows 10 login, keyboard and mouse inop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 login, keyboard and mouse inop: Hi, my pc is stuck in login screen, key board is only letting me type “éúíóá”, my mouse will not let me click on restart or access to bring up screen key board. Any help would be great cheers...